Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-05-2016, 12:45   #61
cullenswood

Any one use Record Car Rentals out of Alicante recently? Am using them in July.
Advertisement
20-05-2016, 12:25   #62
BailMeOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblypop View Post
Quick question, if the amount that the hire company want to block on your credit card is more than your credit limit, what happens?
I only have 1500 limit on mine, it seems most companies block a lot more than that
it is really only a problem is you decline excess insurance. If you do decline excess insurance then they will hold whatever their deductible is which will be different for every company.
Thanks from:
22-05-2016, 20:20   #63
cjmc11

car rental in france- high vis vests

Hey all, quick question,
Hiring a car from the airport, does the car hire company provide the compulsory safety equipment required for France, such as the high vis vests, warning triangle, spare bulbs etc.?
And if not, what exactly is needed and can they be bought at the airport?
Thanks
22-05-2016, 20:39   #64
coylemj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmc11 View Post
Hey all, quick question,
Hiring a car from the airport, does the car hire company provide the compulsory safety equipment required for France, such as the high vis vests, warning triangle, spare bulbs etc.?
And if not, what exactly is needed and can they be bought at the airport?
Thanks
I never looked for spare bulbs in a French hire car but there will be a hi-viz jacket in a transparent bag in the glovebox, I wouldn't worry about anything else. If there is a legal requirement then they will be supplied but a lot of what you read on the web is either OTT or out of date.
23-05-2016, 10:12   #65
Gatica

ring them. It might be a long wait and many calls but everything can be sorted quicker by phone with them.
They can speed up the process if you're travelling soon (even if not family emergency).
Advertisement
23-05-2016, 10:30   #66
Shaunao

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefuss1986 View Post
They don't email back iny experience recently, book an appointment in their Dublin/cork office asap and talk to someone face to face. Get the forms filled out in the garda station.
I'm about to make the appointment but I've got people telling me i can only go to Cork and other people saying I can only go to Dublin -_- I don't have time to waste but I'm guessing that I can make one in Dublin? it would make more sense since I live in Offaly.
23-05-2016, 10:32   #67
Shaunao

Also the websites don't specify that i can or cant go to either so I guess it should be ok?
23-05-2016, 10:36   #68
Laphroaig52

I had such an experience a few years ago.

I got all the photos and forms filled out and signed by the Garda and I showed up in the Dublin passport office first thing in the morning.

I told them my sad story, they verified all my paperwork and told me to come back at 4pm.

At 4pm - same day - I got my new passport.

I paid through the nose for it but I did get it.

A stressful experience mind you!
Thanks from:
23-05-2016, 10:41   #69
Shaunao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laphroaig52 View Post
I had such an experience a few years ago.

I got all the photos and forms filled out and signed by the Garda and I showed up in the Dublin passport office first thing in the morning.

I told them my sad story, they verified all my paperwork and told me to come back at 4pm.

At 4pm - same day - I got my new passport.

I paid through the nose for it but I did get it.

A stressful experience mind you!
Really? Did it matter which office you went to? Seems like a silly question I know but I'm being told different things and I just wanna be sure. :/
Advertisement
23-05-2016, 11:42   #70
Laphroaig52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunao View Post
Really? Did it matter which office you went to? Seems like a silly question I know but I'm being told different things and I just wanna be sure. :/
I don't know. At the time, I didn't even consider Cork because Dublin is - well you know - Dublin.

I would give them a call:

In my more recent dealings with them, I have found that it is nearly impossible to get through to the Dublin office on the phone. It just goes straight to the recorded message.

You will get through to the Cork office but be prepared to be on hold for twenty minutes or more. They are very helpful once you get through to them though.

And don't waste precious time waiting for an email answer - I don't think they have ever responded to my email queries.
23-05-2016, 11:47   #71
Shaunao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laphroaig52 View Post
I don't know. At the time, I didn't even consider Cork because Dublin is - well you know - Dublin.

I would give them a call:

In my more recent dealings with them, I have found that it is nearly impossible to get through to the Dublin office on the phone. It just goes straight to the recorded message.

You will get through to the Cork office but be prepared to be on hold for twenty minutes or more. They are very helpful once you get through to them though.

And don't waste precious time waiting for an email answer - I don't think they have ever responded to my email queries.
Thank you so much everyone ! I'm going to try cork again ..
23-05-2016, 13:25   #72
schemingbohemia

Remember to leave the jacket in the glovebox, if it's in the boot the police can still fine you.
23-05-2016, 13:54   #73
meangene

Has anyone ever found a deal for both car hire excess and travel insurance yet?
23-05-2016, 16:34   #74
echter

a local taxi driver recommended going through the east-link toll bridge too, it can be quite difficult to get onto the quays etc. Would i be able to check in and provide API at the kiosks?
23-05-2016, 19:09   #75
VinLieger

If you have lost your tracking number is there any way of getting it again or somehow getting an update?

Edit: nvm it was found

Last edited by VinLieger; 24-05-2016 at 00:03.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion