Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby League's Off-Topic thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Getting very bored now, watched almost 40 minutes of spurs/man utd yesterday as no cricket or rl on :(

I've been watching the Big Bash. Quite entertaining and good coverage.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well Mr Rugby League, if you want your old name back, I can sort that for you....

Beasty wrote: »
    Well Mr Rugby League, if you want your old name back, I can sort that for you....

Didn't think once a name had been used you could use it again? It'd be nice but then again, the forum looks marginally less like me talking to no one with my old name still there as well. Arguing with myself now which yes, I know is not unusual in this forum.

Starting the 2019 threads soon, so that'll be exciting! (for me anyway) Some good Aussie imports in Super League this year, and the NRL might be quite open again this year too. Plus the Longhorns are competing in the Challenge Cup this year which is great for Irish RL.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Didn't think once a name had been used you could use it again? It'd be nice but then again, the forum looks marginally less like me talking to no one with my old name still there as well. Arguing with myself now which yes, I know is not unusual in this forum.
    I'll need to change your original one to something new. Drop me a PM with a suggestion, as all the posts under the old account will inherit the new name

Lottery win incoming, I can feel it.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I've been watching the Big Bash. Quite entertaining and good coverage.

Sacked off bt and vowed never again after setanta put me through the ringer. So unless it becomes available without having to deal with eir sport or whatever I shan't be getting it...

Sacked off bt and vowed never again after setanta put me through the ringer. So unless it becomes available without having to deal with eir sport or whatever I shan't be getting it...

Interestingly its one of the few channels that still work on ccam (the dodgy satellite boxes everyone had before sky changed their encryption).

The Longhorns fell at the first hurdle in this years Challenge Cup, but it sounds like they gave it a right rattle, only losing 16 - 10. Didn't really get a mention yesterday though, it was all about Red Star Belgrade RL, who got comprehensively beaten in their tie.

2019 threads started, what a time to be alive (Mr. Nice Guy put me to shame by starting the Super League one :o )

Lottery win incoming, I can feel it.

How much did you win? Presumably you can retire from all this modding stuff with those winnings to fall back on?

• Advertisement

Anyway, what time does the cricket kick off today? Was very confused yesterday when I got home from work and they were only just back from lunch

How much did you win? Presumably you can retire from all this modding stuff with those winnings to fall back on?

4 euro.

4 euro.
    What was your stake (accumulated since the prior win)?

What was your stake (accumulated since the prior win)?

Well technically I spent more on doing the lottery than actually winning the lottery, but I lost less than I normally do, so that's a bit like a win isn't it. Isn't it? :o

Anyway, what time does the cricket kick off today? Was very confused yesterday when I got home from work and they were only just back from lunch

My brother was over for the first Test, only thing he didn't enjoy was the cricket!

The first time I ever boarded a plane - November 1986 (making me 26 at the time), was an 8 hour flight to Barbados. No cricket mind, just a bit of beach and sightseeing

There's an interesting article discussing the class divide between Union and League (in England). Quite long, but well worth a read.

https://theovertake.com/~beta/league-vs-union-rugbys-ugly-class-divide/

Coincidentally here's another article discussing class, this time from an Australian perspective.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rugby-league-s-class-warfare-will-lead-to-hard-questions-for-followers-20190208-p50wiv.html

• Advertisement

So here we are again, only up to 5,000 posts this time, but another certificate for the wall.

Thought it was your birthday....

Thought it was your birthday....

No, I'm much younger than that.

Happy St. Gertrude of Nivelles day!

Kettering Town FC............

Slow Thai is the future of music.

His set at Glastonbury was pretty mad anyway, his tour in October is a sell out. Fiver a ticket, big increase from his previous tour price, 99p a ticket. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RockBoysarewii

I’ve watched a few highlights of Kayln Ponga and saw a video of him saying he would like to play for the All blacks.

What’s the chances of that happening?

Happy Birthday Rugby League, 124 years young today.

Signing off as mod here, so I'll be talking to myself as a regular user now. 2nd time around modding here and chatted with some excellent people and never had a minute of bother from anyone who posted here. All the best.

/mod.

• Advertisement

Signing off as mod here, so I'll be talking to myself as a regular user now. 2nd time around modding here and chatted with some excellent people and never had a minute of bother from anyone who posted here. All the best.

/mod.
    The mods forum has become a free for all since you left. Gloves are off, and there are calls for the Head of Rugby League

Speaking of heads, I'm off to see Alice Cooper on Friday - last time I saw him lose his 2 nights in succession at Manchester Apollo. This was him just before the deed was done:

492113.JPG

Advertisement