Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah ok thanks. I tried to go into the UPC planner but it says Not Available in Ireland???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭prunudo

leppla wrote: »
    Yup Wonda is correct, and it was a good opener I have to say. Worth the watch.:cool:

What was the BT coverage like?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

jvan wrote: »

I streamed it on the tv so the picture would have been better if you were to actually pay for the package.

I was not blown away by the coverage, they talked a lot about their own UK riders, which I have no problem with, however most of the time there was more interesting stuff happening up the front. Also the replays of critical moments of the race seemed to be a bit slow coming.

Hopefully they will get better as the season goes on.

The motogp is the only thing I'd watch on bt so can't justify spending the money on a subscription unless the coverage and analysis was exceptional. I'll have a look at the itv4 programme tonight, think Toby Moody is one of the commentators so should be be ok.
    I remember when they were showing the tt and other road races UPC customers were getting 'not available to ROI customers' message too.

I stand corrected on Toby moody, I could swear I read that he was commentating the itv4 coverage. It's actually Keith Heuwan and Julian Ryder so theyre using the bt feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I thought it was ok in fairness. Don't like the silly bitch presenting it, she hasn't a clue! "So does the rain affect the bikes?" :rolleyes:
    ...they talked a lot about their own UK riders, which I have no problem with...

Likewise!! They were going on about what a great race Redding had and how easy he got by Nicky Hayden. Em...Hayden drifted wide leaving the door wide open! Then again, with James Toseland presenting alongside that other air-head, we can't really expect anything else! But yeah, hopefully it'll get better, I DID subscribe!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Productive day today.
    Finished work very early today so make a bench from leftover shuttering and a sheet of plywood.

photo2_zpsb7495c54.jpg

photo1_zps8fe0045d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

PkTdUTa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Cienciano wrote: »
    PkTdUTa.jpg
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

A jackass on a horse....:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What a save!

ibfIdAREFGGaRn.gif

Just went to look at getting another visor there - the bloody price of them! €70 for any of the visors for my Shark Vision R. That's extortionate!

Zascar wrote: »
    Just went to look at getting another visor there - the bloody price of them! €70 for any of the visors for my Shark Vision R. That's extortionate!

Remember doing the same for my agv and it was fairly steep too.
    Does anybody know anywhere online to get decent quality cheaper ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Remember doing the same for my agv and it was fairly steep too.
    Does anybody know anywhere online to get decent quality cheaper ones?

You can get them alright but will the fit be as good.
    I've bought cheaper ones in the past but there was always a gap on top of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Not to out do Blade1:o but I built a sort of storage area for the kids bikes/ go karts & my bike at the side of the house. Its one thing I didnt put much thought into before I got a bike and thats the ease of access to the bike. For a long time I had the bike in the back garden which meant putting the dog into his pen & pushing the bike over muddy grass in order to take it out for my commute and what have you.

I can honestly say I decided to take the car most days just to avoid this aggro. So I slapped this timber frame structure together with plastic cladding roof to store the bike.

Its not 100% finished because I want to sort out a good ground anchor and padlock for the gate. Its dry and only takes 2 minutes to take the bike out now:) I have been commuting quite alot on the bike lately now.

blade1 wrote: »
    You can get them alright but will the fit be as good.
    I've bought cheaper ones in the past but there was always a gap on top of them.

Yeah that would be the fear alright, what you pay is what you get I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Not to out do Blade1:o but I built a sort of storage area for the kids bikes/ go karts & my bike at the side of the house. Its one thing I didnt put much thought into before I got a bike and thats the ease of access to the bike. For a long time I had the bike in the back garden which meant putting the dog into his pen & pushing the bike over muddy grass in order to take it out for my commute and what have you.

I can honestly say I decided to take the car most days just to avoid this aggro. So I slapped this timber frame structure together with plastic cladding roof to store the bike.

Its not 100% finished because I want to sort out a good ground anchor and padlock for the gate. Its dry and only takes 2 minutes to take the bike out now:) I have been commuting quite alot on the bike lately now.

Great job! I'm in the process of doing something similar. I must bounce down to you to have a look if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

No bother pkm. Im home around half one today tomorrow and friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I guess this can go here... Good service!.

My key broke in my Givi top box today and found Dublin Lock & Key Hardware on a google search (opposite Donneycarney Church on the Malahide Road), got the embedded broken key removed and two new keys cut from it for twenty Euro.

Happy days are here again :)

I guess this can go here... Good service!.

My key broke in my Givi top box today and found Dublin Lock & Key Hardware on a google search (opposite Donneycarney Church on the Malahide Road), got the embedded broken key removed and two new keys cut from it for twenty Euro.

Happy days are here again :)
    That's handy to know Mak, any idea if they cut these type of keys?

• Advertisement

MonstaMash wrote: »

No idea, but I joked to the guy that he was like a dentist in an engineers workshop when he went to work on my lock ~ he seemed to have everything!.. Dead friendly too.

I can drop into him and ask for you but it'll be Friday before I can.

45350145.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

This would make cutting the grass a lot more interesting.

http://www.gizmag.com/honda-mean-mower-guinness-world-fastest-lawnmower/31463/

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Found a place that cuts cylindrical keys if anyone else is looking...

The Keyhole Lock & Safe Company,
    46 Pleasant Street,
    Dublin 8
    (01)4753518

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

So i was going to give the new HD Drift Ghost a shot today. I firmware update the camera and everything was fine. That is until i play back anything recorded! Its all choppy and flickering green and purple!

Trying to factory reset it now :(

This is all i get when i try playback a video.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87842980@N03/13674661794/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

goodlad wrote: »
    So i was going to give the new HD Drift Ghost a shot today. I firmware update the camera and everything was fine. That is until i play back anything recorded! Its all choppy and flickering green and purple!

Trying to factory reset it now :(

This is all i get when i try playback a video.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87842980@N03/13674661794/in/photostream/

Yep seems to be a massive problem with the new firmware m8, factory reset and sit tight. They will have it sorted soon enough, Dorannoel has one aswell did not update and its running fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ah man I've spent the last hour trying a factory reset with no luck. Found 2 ways to do it and neither actually reset it. Hold up and down arrows, power on the camera and keep holding the arrows for 30 seconds. Other option is the same but also holding the menu button also. Neither does ****.

I logged a support ticket with drift. Will see what happens!

Update: The HD Ghost and S model do not have any factory reset option. The camera has been RMA and i will have a replacement in a few days.

Ok here's an oldie, can anyone guess the bike..

302492.jpg

Thats me with the Learner plate on the rear fender back in 1986.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Ok here's an oldie, can anyone guess the bike..

302492.jpg

Thats me with the Learner plate on the rear fender back in 1986.

I hope the pads where not noisy on that ole yoke LOL

• Advertisement

I hope the pads where not noisy on that ole yoke LOL

Only an "ole yoke" now, they were only a few years old back then and considered a decent bike.

The bigger 650 and 750 engines and frames are popular enough with cafe racer and bobber builders!.

The bikes in the photo are a 400cc.

Advertisement