Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Images of beauty (Tdar forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Given that I have been rather chastised recently for being, well being me, i think it best to clarify. If someone sees a way of getting free speed on someones bike do we just nod and say "sweet ride" or are do we suggest the improvements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

tunney wrote: »
    Given that I have been rather chastised recently for being, well being me, i think it best to clarify. If someone sees a way of getting free speed on someones bike do we just nod and say "sweet ride" or are do we suggest the improvements?

I take it you are referring to my chopper, all advice welcomed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Surely constructive criticism is welcomed by all.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

My Bike racked for IM 70.3 Aix last September

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Surely constructive criticism is welcomed by all.?

+1

If it was me I'd want to hear it!

• Advertisement

Plenty of Zipp wheels on show. I'm green with envy!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

Nice!!

How is it standing up? Have you a kick stand on the offside, old school style?

Haha, guess its a kickstand of sorts. A carbon rod behind the disc. :D

7008628323_d9191aa0a7_c.jpg
    DSC_9911 by dquirke1, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

carbon+rod.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

dquirke1 wrote: »
    Haha, guess its a kickstand of sorts. A carbon rod behind the disc. :D

It would have to be a 'carbon' rod wouldn't it! And you would wonder why people mouth on about triathlete's bling :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

If the title of the thread was "Post a pic here and we'll make suggestions of where you can get free speed" there'd be a lot more pics going up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Taken at Challenge Copenhagen 15th August 2010, the last time I rode the bike. And the way things are going for me right now, it'll probably be as long again before I ride it once more.

picture.php?albumid=1954&pictureid=12280

I already know I'm a sweet ride, but any tips for improvements would be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

197474.JPG

QR Kilo frame
    3T Aura bars
    Mainly 105 drivetrain
    Fizik Arione Tri saddle
    60mm carbon clinchers (Powertap SL+)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Those bars are a piece of art mloc! I think you should post a top down view of them ;) You cant really catch their beauty there

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Mine: :D

88B5BBCBEC544CC1A13BC08FF25E6A0F-0000331091-0002790707-01200L-15B7F7DFF3D840DEB35B789BA91EC652.jpg

Wheels are a bit heavy but they'll do for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Nice!

I presume you have since moved the garmin mount to an ext off the tri bars?
    :D

Bambaata wrote: »
    Those bars are a piece of art mloc! I think you should post a top down view of them ;) You cant really catch their beauty there

Not sure if you are serious or not, but just for you...

197669.JPG

I bought them to allow me make up the extra height I need dues to the low stack of my frame, really I need a taller frame with the same reach I think.

Fazz wrote: »
    Nice!

I presume you have since moved the garmin mount to an ext off the tri bars?
    :D
    I actually quite like it on the cross bar, and it doesn't seem to affect the signal reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

big mce wrote: »
    I actually quite like it on the cross bar, and it doesn't seem to affect the signal reception.

Good looking bike Mce, I was close to buying one of those on ebay but the seller couldn't tell me for certain what size it was so I backed out

big mce wrote: »

I was more thinking about practicality of how you see/look at it???

How the heck do you safely look at it? Head would be facing backwards no?
    I had mine on my stem for a while and even at that I'm not happy and moving it forward as a result.
    I don't like cycling with my head facing straight down not seeing what's ahead... even if only for a few seconds.

Took the TT bike out the weekend.
    Learned that I needed 5 mins more prep for my hydration set up!
    Sorted now, and also fitted the rear disc cover.

She's ready for Race Season now...

With 808 and no disc cover, no Torhans hydration
    IMG_21301.jpg

Disc Cover & Torhans hydration Fitted
    IMG_21331.jpg

Cockpit
    IMG_21371.jpg

Side view
    IMG_21381.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice bike. I like the bracket for the Garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Nice bike Fazz! Where'd you get the wheel cover? I need to get me one for my 808 but the UK dealer is out of stock and i dont fancy all the import duty crap buying from the US. I believe it ends up working out pricey enough that way!

Fazz wrote: »
    I was more thinking about practicality of how you see/look at it???

How the heck do you safely look at it? Head would be facing backwards no?
    I had mine on my stem for a while and even at that I'm not happy and moving it forward as a result.
    I don't like cycling with my head facing straight down not seeing what's ahead... even if only for a few seconds.

I don't tend to look at the garmin during rides (just using it for Strava at present), as I've a polar 800 on my wrist. I don't believe garmin's HR readings. I like your bracket though, might invest, where did you purchase?

Bambaata wrote: »
    Nice bike Fazz! Where'd you get the wheel cover? I need to get me one for my 808 but the UK dealer is out of stock and i dont fancy all the import duty crap buying from the US. I believe it ends up working out pricey enough that way!

Cheers.

I ordered mine from wheelbuilders in the states alright, and yep, got stung for the VAT.
    Still, for just over €100 nicker I figured I'd give it a shot. - I also got the cassette removal tool and spare plugs/stickers pack at same time so that could save a little if not needed.
    Surpised at how light it is also and how damn easy it was to fit.
    Who knows if I'll ever notice the difference but hey, :cool:

Bracket for the Garmin was an option from torhans - again ordered mine in.

204634.JPG

Some updates, new wheel cover and new Sram s900 crank (bargain from CRC)

Looks good Colm. It looked really well yesterday at the race too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Haven Drab Sunlight

How many spacers do you have up front, you must have the flexibility of a plank of wood:)
    Looks good, are they zipps with no decals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

After looking at these I need to invest in a bike, at this stage Im almost embarrassed to bring my steed out.

How many spacers do you have up front, you must have the flexibility of a plank of wood:)
    Looks good, are they zipps with no decals?

I wish I had the flexability of a plank :D

30mm of spacers from the basebar to the extensions, but the frame has a very short headtube. The saddle to pads drop is still around 12cm which enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Haven Drab Sunlight

Disc cover now fitted. Just hydration to sort up front and she will be race ready for Roth. Interested to see what difference disc cover makes...if any.
    discover.jpg

Advertisement