Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-05-2016, 21:11   #106
IRL_Sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billian View Post
Is there much of an Irish HotS community any more? I just started playing about two weeks ago and I'm very much enjoying it!
I've literally had the game sitting in my library since closed beta. Didn't bother installing it then. Decided a couple days ago to install it and give it a go, considering it's free, and I'm having fun. Can't see how it could turn competitive though (not that I care about that anymore but it makes it more entertaining when you can appreciate a "pro" player so much more).
Advertisement
19-05-2016, 02:58   #107
Orizio

Zero chance of it being competitive. Think that is well accepted at this stage.
03-06-2016, 22:27   #108
RopeDrink
Gregarious Gamer Geek

Given there's huge money tournaments on the horizon (and quite a lot of others regularly), not sure what is regarded as non-competitive, unless we're strictly speaking Irish turf.

On a lighter note, a certain noob got featured on Bearded Murloc's compilation twice this week - wonder who that noob is

Thanks from:
03-06-2016, 22:57   #109
Stormhawk88

Two good plays. I love those videos.
03-06-2016, 23:23   #110
RopeDrink
Gregarious Gamer Geek

If you do, give Bearded Murky a sub - seems like a nice chap based on the brief chat I had with him (unlike the other two channels who don't respond at all). The quality is top notch and, like the rest, it's just a matter of compiling decent clips. Whenever I get bored, there's three HotS Fun/Fail moment channels I watch to pass some time -- some have given me genuine belly laughs
Advertisement
03-06-2016, 23:28   #111
Stormhawk88

Same whenever im bored tend to give them a look will def give him a sub and watch a couple more.
30-06-2016, 18:13   #112
Doodleking

Heroes of the Storm is now available on Amazon only for $19 :woot: Cool
22-09-2016, 12:16   #113
Julbak

I'm playing it almost every day for an hour or 2 after work/gym, anyone wants to join for a couple rounds? I can download team speak if necessary.
26-04-2017, 16:04   #114
fixXxer

I was thinking of picking this us as it seems to be linked to some interesting Overwatch skins. Any idea where the cheapest place to get it would be?
Advertisement
27-04-2017, 01:07   #115
billian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
I was thinking of picking this us as it seems to be linked to some interesting Overwatch skins. Any idea where the cheapest place to get it would be?
The game itself is free to play. As long as you log in to the game before May 22nd you'll get to choose a free bundle with 20 heroes (there are four bundles to choose from, they can be found at http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/megabundles/ )

The game throws free gold at you at the early levels of the game, so you can definitely play it F2P if you really want to.
Thanks from:
04-11-2017, 13:47   #116
RopeDrink
Gregarious Gamer Geek

For those who many be looking to get into it (or simply stopped since above post), their system has now drastically changed. Skins are purchased with in-game currency primarily now, as opposed to being from the ole wallet. You can even gain skins from level-up boxes, for any champ (owned or not owned) and of any quality (basic to legendary). Shards can be used to fluff up your skins, sprays, voice-comments, mounts and avatar/banner collection. It's a handy system. I'm only level 610+ and have skins for practically the whole roster (half of which I have never even played).
04-11-2017, 21:47   #117
RopeDrink
Gregarious Gamer Geek

PS. HGC Grand Finals revving up:
https://go.twitch.tv/blizzheroes
04-11-2018, 00:50   #118
RopeDrink
Gregarious Gamer Geek

Blizzcon HGC finals - possibly the last match seeing how Gen.G are playing. Don't you hate it when a MOBA gets that one team who becomes nigh unstoppable, so much so that you just want ANYONE to beat them?

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion