Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

marno21 wrote: »
    fmscan.org is also a very useful site for this

Putting in Mavisi brings this up http://www.fmscan.org/net.php?pxf=Malvisi%20Network&itu=I&rg=#

Looks like it was that 30kW signal you were picking up :)

30kW ! Anyone know what the main Dublin players are pushing from Three Rock. IE , Spin 1038, FM104, Q102, 98FM . Surely they are not pushing 30kW?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

AFAIK the RTE stations are 12.5kW, Spin/Q102/104/98 are 5kW, Phantom, Sunshine, R n Life are 2kW, Newstalk is 10kW and Today FM (101.8) is 500W. I'm open to correction on those as there's different figures everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

msg11 wrote: »
    30kW ! Anyone know what the main Dublin players are pushing from Three Rock. IE , Spin 1038, FM104, Q102, 98FM . Surely they are not pushing 30kW?

Rng on 92.9 and 92.5 sounds like very high power wonder what they push .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

NRG 88.1 (Dublin) - 'the home of house music' - has been off the air since earlier this morning (Tue 11th June), While Ministry 92.1 has been off the air since this afternoon.

The only stations receivable in SW Dublin tonight are Play 93.2 & Tonic 107.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Infoanon wrote: »
    NRG 88.1 (Dublin) - 'the home of house music' - has been off the air since earlier this morning (Tue 11th June), While Ministry 92.1 has been off the air since this afternoon.

The only stations receivable in SW Dublin tonight are Play 93.2 & Tonic 107.1

I wish NRG would go back to the charty dance station it started out as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

msg11 wrote: »
    I wish NRG would go back to the charty dance station it started out as.
    agree, nearly every station seems to be playing house music these days, i know i like house and its popular but we don't need a number of stations playing it, best of look to them anyway, both stations were having technical issues yesterday hense being off air

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

Was tuning around today and got RMF FM on 88.2 on my car radio, signal fading in and out, TX is in Poland, NRG FM should return soon as there was damage at there site, 88.1 is being used to hold frequency.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Was tuning around today and got RMF FM on 88.2 on my car radio, signal fading in and out, TX is in Poland, NRG FM should return soon as there was damage at there site, 88.1 is being used to hold frequency.

That would be the second time NRG have suffered damage at a site.

Receiving Spanish stations on 87.6 & 92.0 in Dublin City Centre - no ID as no RDS receivable

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

That would be the second time NRG have suffered damage at a site.

Damage and a CTE 250 stolen, the person lost a lot of blood during the break in, any info please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Receiving Spanish stations on 87.6 & 92.0 in Dublin City Centre - no ID as no RDS receivable

Yesterday (Wed) whilst parked in north-east Co. Cork on car radio tuned around just after 2 PM and was getting Polish due to E-skip.

87.5 MHz RDS was displaying name 'IOWA' and then 'JEDYNKA'

87.7 and 88.0 had same audio as 87.5 but not good enough signal for RDS

this page lists what I received - the 87.5MHz outlet, the 87.7 and lists two 88.0 transmitters
    http://nadaje.com/Polskie_Radio_Program_1.html

• Advertisement

Just found a note that I mislaid of some stations I was getting (with RDS name appearing) by Sporadic-E skip last Sunday evening (9th June) from Spain - again on car radio - just after 8PM:

87.5 'DYNAMIS' - Madrid
    87.5 'MERIND' and 'ESPINOSA'
    87.7 'EUROPAFM'
    88.7 'COPE'
    108.0 'GESTIONA' - Madrid

Rai Radio 2 on 92.7 (with rolling RDS) clear in Dublin City this morning

Europe 1 (France) clear on 91.0 in Dublin City this evening

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Random portions from 17:45 to 20:15 yesterday. I noticed someone on dxmaps in Lithuania was picking up RTE R1 from Maghera and Castlebar, hopefully he didn't have to suffer for too long :)
    87.7 - Unknown, was broadcasting TA announcement at the time (RDS: TP-INFO_)
    87.8 - F- Le Mouv' - Lyon (712km/1kW) or Caen (1246km/4kW) (RDS: LE_MOUV')
    88.0 - F- Chérie FM - Villefranche sur Saone - 1kW (1225km) (RDS: CHERIEFM)
    88.1 - PT - Radio Comercial - Monchique - 10kW (1654km) (RDS: COMRCIAL)
    88.6 - ES - RNE Clasica - Confrides/Aitana - 120kW (1656km) (RDS: RNE-CLAS)
    88.8 - ES - Cadena100 - Caceres/La Guardia - 6/4kW (1433/1662km) (RDS: CAD-100_)
    88.9 - IT -PrimaRadio-inBlu - Monte Malanotte - 1kW (1532km) (RDS: PRIMA_R.)
    88.9 - IT - RAI Radio1 - Monte Limbara - 60kW (1881km) (RDS: RAI / RADIO1)
    89.1 - UN (RDS: FANT..CA) must be scrolling RDS?
    89.1 - ES - Canal Fiesta - Alcala la Real - 1kW (1684km) (RDS: C.FIESTA)
    89.4 - IT - RTL 102.5 - Monte Limbara - 10kW (1881km) (RDS: RTL102.5)
    91.4 - ES - Radio Surco - Tomelloso - 2kW (1528km) (RDS: R.SURCO_)
    93.8 - ES - Europa FM - Almeria - 1kW (1786km) (RDS: EUROPAFM)
    94.2 - ES - Rock FM - Zaldiaran/Cambin - 1/5kW (1151/1667km) (RDS: Rock_FM_)
    94.2 - ES - Los 40 Principales - Toledo/Valencia - 2/40kW (1429/1571km) (RDS: CUARENTA)
    94.9 - ES - Los 40 Principales - Ripoll/Linares - 0.4/2kW (1403/1622km) (RDS: CUARENTA)
    102.0 - UN (RDS: 105_FM__) possibly scroling RDS?
    102.3 - IT - RTL 102.5 - Multiple sites (RDS: RTL102.5)
    103.0 - ES - Unika FM - Villaviciosa de Odon - 1kW (1378km) (RDS: UNIKA_FM)
    103.1 - MOR - Casa FM - Casablanca/Merchiche - (2088km) (RDS: SNRT-CS2)
    104.8 - ES - RNE Radio Nacional - Confrides - 120kW (1656km) (RDS: _RNE_1__)
    105.3 - MOR - Médi 1 - Marrakech - 12kW (2335km) (RDS: MEDI_1__)
    106.5 - ES - Onda Cero - Alicante - 8kW (1684km) (RDS: ONDACERO)

Opening to Spain right now (Friday around 7:30 PM)

87.5 'DYNAMIS'
    88.1 'ONDACERO'

amongst signals being received on car radio with RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

Antenna wrote: »

87.5 'DYNAMIS'
    88.1 'ONDACERO'

Yea i've gotten ONCADERO before, not the other one though

Antenna wrote: »

87.5 'DYNAMIS'
    88.1 'ONDACERO'

Got the same at almost the same time as you. I was too busy looking at 88.1 to get RDS on 87.5 tho

88.1 - ES - Onda Cero - Chinchilla de Monte Aragon - 6kW (1585km) (RDS: ONDACERO)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

Noticed that NRG FM returned to 88.1 in Dublin last night at 7pm, good that there back, lets hope that they are left alone by Comreg and strange people up the mountains, signal and audio good.

the 'weekend' temporary FM licence for '8Radio' came to a finish last weekend. They continue online. It had been available on 94.3 FM in Dublin, 106.7 in Cork, 105.5 in Limerick during the past 15 weekends.

here's another temporary radio licence due on the air this week in the country -Tramore Community Radio (TCR), Tramore Co. Waterford on 92.3 :
    TCRfm is back live on air from 9.00 am Thursday July 11th. We are broadcasting live from 9.00 am straight through to midnight every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from July until early October and back again in December until February. You can listen on 92.3 fm or right here at www.tcrfm.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cte

Nrg Fm tx site raided last fri by Comreg , bit of a job getting in allegedly after much stepped up security, took the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Cte wrote: »
    Nrg Fm tx site raided last fri by Comreg
    ah no, sorry to hear that, wonder why them in particular?
    bit of a job getting in allegedly after much stepped up security
    an electric fence could have sorted that, they try to break in and vum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    took the lot
    hopefully they will have a speedy return to the air

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Nrg Fm tx site raided last fri by Comreg , bit of a job getting in allegedly after much stepped up security, took the lot

They have had a run of bad luck lately - fairly professional outfit which unfortunately puts you up for a raid these days

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Catherine!

Apparently some people here in England were hearing Scandinavian stations via tropo in the second week of July. I heard plenty of German stations and possibly one Danish!

Catherine! wrote: »
    Apparently some people here in England were hearing Scandinavian stations via tropo in the second week of July. I heard plenty of German stations and possibly one Danish!

interesting, you the same catherine from RW by any chance? no more bandscan fun anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Catherine!

Greyham wrote: »
    interesting, you the same catherine from RW by any chance? no more bandscan fun anymore :(
    Do you mean Radio Waves? Yes, I was on there, forgot about that actually! Can't remember how I came across boards.ie though.

Catherine! wrote: »
    Do you mean Radio Waves? Yes, I was on there, forgot about that actually! Can't remember how I came across boards.ie though.

I did indeed mean radiowaves, remember seeing your name in the DX thread a fair bit

For the first time this year, Energy ID's being used on 1386AM this weekend (11 August)

Other stations heard in Dublin this weekend include the return of Easy on 91.6 with a much improved signal.

There's an UNID on 87.6 while others on air:

NRG on 88.1
    Ministry on 92.1
    PDN on 93.2
    Tonik on 107.1

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

great signal accross dublin this weekend on 1386khz am with return of energy am

Cork Friday night

87.5 - Cityview
    87.8 - Capital (RDS: CAPITAL)
    88.7 - Fusion (RDS: FUSION)
    104.9 - Kiss FM (RDS: KISS-FM)

Station on 87.6 IDing on air as "Fusion", picked it up today from Co. Laois on on the M7 and it had RDS but no TP flag, is this from Dublin or where?

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    Station on 87.6 IDing on air as "Fusion", picked it up today from Co. Laois on on the M7 and it had RDS but no TP flag, is this from Dublin or where?

Think its Dublin - signal has varies - not so good in the South west (of Dublin)

Advertisement