Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-10-2012, 11:06   #61
adrian522

Well, Smith seemed to struggle at times last night. There was one interception in the end zone which could have been crucial.

That play happened on 3rd and Goal after Colin Kaepernick came in for the 2nd down play (Read Option - not really foooling anyone with that) and again I'd say that disrupted Alex and his rhythm.

It can't be good for his confidence to have to keep coming out of the game like that. On the upside that was the only time that happened last night.

In the second half the 49ers offense was much better, in the first half Smith was forcing some passes to the WR's even though they were pretty well covered, in the 2nd half there was a lot more short passes to Gore and Hunter and also 49ers ran the ball much better.

Gore was excellent last night catching passes and making good gains as well as running the ball well. He seemed to pick up an injury late on, hopefully it is nothing serious.

Defensively we struggled to contain Lynch at times and Wilson made some good throws that were dropped by his WR's. We could have found ourselves further behind in that first half.

In the second half the defense really showed up and the Seahawks couldn't get anything going. Aldon Smith came up with a huge sack on the last possession of the game.

49ers gave up a lot of stupid penalties which could have been much more costly than they were, including one which kept a drive alive that would otherwise have ended in a punt.

Harbaugh didn't make any silly challenges but he did try at one point but it was not a unchallengeable play (pointless anyway as even if the Seahawks player had fumbled they recovered the ball so the 49ers were not getting it anyway).

The 49ers also turned down a safety at the end (declined a penalty that meant the Seahawks turned it over on downs) -not great if you'd backed 49ers-7.

Overall a good win and one that could be crucial as this division looks to be very tight. Next 2 games are divisional as well so 2 wins would put us in control of the division.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2012, 16:44   #62
Itssoeasy

I've a question about Brandon Jacobs, if he isn't injured then why has he not played for the 49ers since signing him ?
19-10-2012, 16:46   #63
adrian522

I've no idea, he gave an interview before the Giants game basically saying he was fit to play and couldn't understand himself. He was at least suited up last night but he's 3rd on the depth chart at the moment behind gore and hunter.
19-10-2012, 17:33   #64
eagle eye

Jacobs is clearly a moaner and possibly not a great locker room presence. I think they made a mistake signing him. He has had fumble issues for the last couple of years too.

I think they made a mistake signing him. Kendall Hunter looks pretty special to me and Dixon has looked decent in his limited opportunities and then you got your rookie LaMichael James.
19-10-2012, 19:25   #65
Chardee MacDennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
Jacobs is clearly a moaner and possibly not a great locker room presence. I think they made a mistake signing him. He has had fumble issues for the last couple of years too.

I think they made a mistake signing him. Kendall Hunter looks pretty special to me and Dixon has looked decent in his limited opportunities and then you got your rookie LaMichael James.
I'd have all 4 of them ahead of Jacobs to be honest!
Advertisement
19-10-2012, 20:06   #66
eagle eye

I remember hearing one of the commentators saying last night that Marshawn Lynch is probably the most underrated back in the league. I actually think its Gore who is that. Clearly he is a huge hero for 49ers fans but everytime you hear a discussion about the best RBs he is never mentioned which I think is very unfair. The man is so unlucky not to be going for his 7th consecutive 1000 yard season. He has been super consistent since he came into the league. Other guys come along and put up big numbers for a couple of seasons but he has done the same thing year in, year out for quite a while now. Only for the injury in 2010 people would probably be wondering if he could go on long enough to emulate Emmet Smith. What he is going this year is unreal.

Last edited by eagle eye; 19-10-2012 at 20:46.
22-10-2012, 12:07   #67
adrian522

Good weekend for the 49ers, with the Cardinals and the Rams both losing. If the 49ers can come away from Arizona with a win next Monday night, they'll be well set heading into the bye week.

If they lose however the whole division will be wide open again.

Next weeks games are:

Seahawks @ Lions
Patriots @ Rams
49ers @ Cardinals

Current Standings

49ers 5-2
Cardinals 4-3
Seahawks 4-3
Rams 3-4
19-11-2012, 16:20   #68
adrian522

Alex Smith OUT for 49ers vs. Bears on Monday Night Football. Colin Kaepernick vs. Jason Campbell tonight? Bet the under.
19-11-2012, 22:09   #69
Dymo

Time for Kaepernick to stand up and we can see how good he is, I haven't been overly impressed with him so far so hopefully this will change tonight.
Advertisement
20-11-2012, 03:28   #70
adrian522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymo View Post
Time for Kaepernick to stand up and we can see how good he is, I haven't been overly impressed with him so far so hopefully this will change tonight.
I presume you're a bit more impressed now?
(2) thanks from:
20-11-2012, 07:45   #71
mickmc7

Very impressive win, Kaepernick was superb by all accounts. And Aldon Smith is a machine!
20-11-2012, 12:18   #72
Dymo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian522 View Post
I presume you're a bit more impressed now?
Definitely, great game for his first NFL start quick hands and has great potential to be a effective running back. Kaepernick's numbers pass completions 16-of-23, 243 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions! were impressive, especially given that they were compiled against the NFL's second-stingiest scoring defense coming in. He made smart, confident decisions and he attacked the opposing secondary without hesitation, something Alex Smith isn't always encouraged or is he even equipped to do.

Kapernick and Aldon Smith first 2 picks in the 2011 draft
20-11-2012, 12:40   #73
adrian522

That 2011 draft class looks excellent now:

Aldon Smith(1st), Colin Kaepernick (2nd), Chris Culliver(3rd), Kendall Hunter(4th), Daniel Kilgore(5th),Bruce Miller(7th).

2012 Daft not looking so good as we haven't seen any of the drafted players feature as of yet, but early days yet. Also stockpiled extra picks for 2013.

Last edited by adrian522; 20-11-2012 at 14:00.
20-11-2012, 18:03   #74
matthew8

You guys have to be considering trading Kaepernick. Considering the state of the QB class, plenty of teams might be willing to trade a first.
20-11-2012, 18:11   #75
Podge_irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew8 View Post
You guys have to be considering trading Kaepernick. Considering the state of the QB class, plenty of teams might be willing to trade a first.
I would imagine they're more likely to consider starting Kaepernick...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion