Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-08-2010, 18:13   #61
Sir Vival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubmad View Post
Clonlara v Crusheen
This is the interesting game of the night, with Clonlara been favs. It's basically winner takes the last QF place in the group. However, this seaons Crusheen have proved to be in flying form and there qucik pace and intensity shown in games this season may se them win this one, probably only 2/3 points. There 21/10 in PaddyPower.
This is the only game that i'd have a bit of interest in. Crusheen are 3rd in the div.1 league while clonlara are rock bottom with only one win. Surely there is something were missing with crusheen @21/10. Might put something small on it.
Advertisement
17-08-2010, 18:47   #62
dotsflan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Vival View Post
This is the only game that i'd have a bit of interest in. Crusheen are 3rd in the div.1 league while clonlara are rock bottom with only one win. Surely there is something were missing with crusheen @21/10. Might put something small on it.
this is from clares hoganstand site:

Clonlara v Crusheen @ Cusack Park, Tuesday

These two heavyweights are right in contention to reach the quarter-finals and whoever wins will secure their place in the knockout rounds. In 2008 it took a replay to separate these two in the semi-finals and another gripping game is hoped for here. Nicky O'Connell and John Moloney were absent from the Clonlara side that thrashed Corofin in Round 3 and supporters of the south-east Clare team will hope that both players return for this clash. Despite suffering relegation from the Clare Cup, the 2008 county champions expect to go a long way in the championship. Key players for them include Darach Honan, John Conlon, Nicky O'Connell, the O'Donovan brothers (Tomas, Domhnall and Cormac) and Paul Collins. Crusheen will be in confident mode and have a 100% record so far in this year's championship. Their main performers are Gerry O'Grady, the Meaneys (Paddy and Joe), Cathal and Cian Dillon, Donal Tuohy and Fergus Kennedy. They will hope to have Pat Vaughan back from injury. It promises to be an exciting game between two of the county's best sides with Clonlara just getting the nod.
17-08-2010, 18:48   #63

We'll find out around half 8 survival but from what i've been told and from the Tbles it looks like a great price, Paddy have been known to be wrong, fingers Crosssed
17-08-2010, 23:32   #64
dougal-maguire

any results from tonights games,cant find any links to clare hurling results,and the porlaoise result hasnt been updated yet.
18-08-2010, 08:59   #65
funnyname

http://www.clare.fm/sport/clonlara-t...ter-final-draw
Advertisement
18-08-2010, 13:27   #66

So Portlaois, CIT, O'Calls, St Joes all won, Killenuale in Tipp won but only after Extra time and the long shot of the night Crusheen were beaten by a point......

Not too far away for an 11/1 shot but still coming up short!
18-08-2010, 20:35   #67
dotsflan

hey lads just see that odds are up for the offaly games.

seir kierans are a big price to beat tullamore @ 5/4. The key to tullamore is keeping shane dooley quiet and i feel that seir kierans have plenty of capable hurlers to keep him tight plus the venue kilcormac is a tight pitch so dooley wont have to much space. While tullamore are county champions there was a certain element of luck involved in winning it! In the last round they got bet by a limited st rynaghs team by 8 pts. The tullamore goalkeeper is 49 and is a liability, he let in 2 very soft goals against st rynaghs. As for seir kierans, many people around the county view this team to be the next offaly kingpins. they are a young side with some very fine, tough hurlers some of whom narrowly missed out on an U-21 title after losing in a 2nd replay on friday gone. Of course im not saying that they are dead certs but definetly not underdogs in ths game, i was hoping for 4/6 or 4/7 for them in this match so i was pleasently surprised to see 5/4 * also just found out that stephan egan for tullamore is still injured, he was magnificent for them last year and is now on the county team. he will be a big big loss for tullamore

In the other games worth a look, in short: kilcormac should have too much for shinrone and they should be winning this comfortably if they have ideas of winning the county title this year.

And if you have a spare fiver, brosna gaels could be worth a bet they arent as bad as their last results suggests, apparently they matched coolderry (probably 2nd best team in the county) in the hurling side of things but brosna gaels first choice keeper was injured and their 2nd choice had an absolute nightmare between the sticks.

well thats my 2cents

Last edited by dotsflan; 19-08-2010 at 10:09.
Thanks from:
19-08-2010, 14:06   #68
storykid

how ya lads great thread. just joined. like betting on the clubs games aswell. from waterford so heres my opinion about this weekends senior matches.

Ballygunner vs De la salle, there evens for this and i fancy the county champs here by a few points, DLS started off the championship with a defeat to ballyduff upper,then went on to beat abbeyside and stradbally fairly easily, the gunners come into this game on the back of a defeat in the last round to bduff upper aswell,having won there 1st match. with only one win under there belts theyl been keen for the victory as they need 2 wins from remainin 3 matches to be sure of qualifying.

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story/?trs=mhcwsneycw
heres a report from there last match, reckon with all the missing players back theyl be strong and come out on top. most should be back as last round was 6 weeks ago now,, havent herd any team news on injuries yet, will keep ya posted.

Dungarvan vs Ballyduff Lower 10/11. Dungarvan are real value here, they were 11/8 on pp yeastrday and i tink theyl shorten again before sunday, its a must win for both, the 2 havent won so far and the loser will almost for sure go into the relegation final, since promotion dungarvan have been impressive,but in there last match they were missing a host of players and got absolutley hammered by in form Passge, Ballyduff Lwr have been poor all year with 6 or 7 of last years team gone through emigration etc, they havent the quality and had to concede a walkover in there 2nd round match vs Mount Sion, they havent won league match either, with dungarvan posting big tallys in a few of there matches, they have a young team with alot of talent in there ranks, 6 or 7 of the starting team will be contesting the under 21A county final vs Ballygunner next week aswell. this will be a tough game and u couldnt write off bduff lower, but it would be a surprise if dungarvan didnt win this 1
Dungarvan by 4-5 points

to sum up the other games, abbeyside @1/3 should be beating a poor stradbally team that rely heavily on brick walsh and forward shane ahearne.but abbeyside themselves havnt been great this year in truth.
Id fancy Mount Sion 1/2 to beat passage, sion havent won the county title in a few years and if they have ambitions of it this year should be winning this,the most succesful club in waterford by a mile but dipped in recent years.with tony browne Ken mcgrath still around they wont be far off, Eoin kelly formerly of sion going back to former club aswell will make things interesting.
Tallow Lismore will be close, local derby, Lismore need to win, if dan and co are on form i think thry might just
Bduff Upper vs Fourmilewater, the upper are in sum form this year and are one of the favs for the title, should be winning this 1, but 4mile are tough and i think itl be a close 1
Thanks from:
19-08-2010, 14:42   #69
Sir Vival

Great last two post dotsflan and storykid, that's what i like to see. Will definately take yer opinions into account.
Advertisement
19-08-2010, 15:11   #70

I'll second that SirVival, great posts lads !

I should have any of my reviews in this evening!
20-08-2010, 10:33   #71
dougal-maguire

Carlow:always had a bit of an interset in carlow football so might do a small acc on some of the games this weekend

Fenagh v Tinryland: tinyryland could really do with winning this one to make sure they go through to the quarters,fenagh not going well at all.not much value,but still a decent bet.

Ballon v Mount Leinster Rangers: MLR had a good start to the group stages and should win this one by a few points

Eire Og v Old Leighlin: eire og really need this one,to get out of the group,but so do old leighlin.eire og have a handy last game,and old leighlin have a tough one.this result could well decide who goes through.eire og to win because of experience or old leighlin on form?? il prob keep away from this one or maybe do trebles.

St Patricks v Rathvilly: rathvilly should win this no problem,no real value in this game.

dont know much about the rest of the teams but have word from a carlow lad that kilbride will beat on hannrahans.
20-08-2010, 14:27   #72
storykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by storykid View Post
Ballygunner vs De la salle, there evens for this and i fancy the county champs here by a few points, DLS started off the championship with a defeat to ballyduff upper,then went on to beat abbeyside and stradbally fairly easily, the gunners come into this game on the back of a defeat in the last round to bduff upper aswell,having won there 1st match. with only one win under there belts theyl been keen for the victory as they need 2 wins from remainin 3 matches to be sure of qualifying.
just a heads up, ballygunner will be missing a few so be best leave this one alone, could go wither way. might be worth a euro or 2 on a draw id say

Is it this weekend them roscommon mathces are on sir vival? wonder will ppower put up the odds
20-08-2010, 14:44   #73
Sir Vival

Quote:
Originally Posted by storykid View Post
just a heads up, ballygunner will be missing a few so be best leave this one alone, could go wither way. might be worth a euro or 2 on a draw id say

Is it this weekend them roscommon mathces are on sir vival? wonder will ppower put up the odds
ya they'll be up within the next couple of hours. Just checked there and the longford ones are up (like the look of slashers @8/13...).
20-08-2010, 17:35   #74
Sir Vival

Prices for the games in roscommon are up!

(1) Elphin are 2/5 to beat croans
Im very happy with these odds (thought they could be 1/3 or even 1/4). I'd put the house on elphin.

(2) Faithleachas are 4/7 to beat roscommon gaels
Very happy with these odds also. If faithleachas turn up, they'll win.

If you just want to go with 1 team (if ye dont trust me yet ) go with elphin.

Get on now because im fairly sure the prices will shorten (elphin's anyways)

No odds for St.Aidans v Kilbride (it's a relegation semi-final so they musn't be doing it) It will be too tight to bet big on anyways.
Thanks from:
20-08-2010, 17:37   #75
dotsflan

Right these are my first 2 bets for the gaa this weekend

€10 accum:

Longford Slashers @ 8/13
De La Salle @ 8/11
Kilcormac/K @ 3/10
Mount Sion @ 1/2

€20 single Seir kieran to beat tullamore @ 5/4

Quick Reply
Bold