Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-01-2009, 20:09   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro2 View Post
There's 10% off for the Half Season Pass if you enter the code 15LPBB.
Yep I did

Quote:
I've had it since the start of the season and the quality is grand most of the time. The RayV software is getting better.
Quality is abyssmal for me. Actually that's not true, quality is maybe 4/10 but the problem is that it's buffering all the time and hence skipping minutes of play. Does this service work off some sort of P2P system or something? Because I made sure I had all of my 3 meg download available at when I was testing it and it was still stuttering and buffering like crazy.

I've a suspicion the international version of league pass (separate login sites) works off a separate set of servers AND its P2P so if no one else is watching it will buffer like crazy.

Ro2, how could you have league pass for a while now when it only became available today? Are you in the states? I'm seriously considering registering for it through a U.S. proxy so I can get the U.S. version, provided it turns out the U.S. one IS actually a better product...

Very disappointed I must say Even the worst P2P flash streams are better than this legal, official NBA product! And I'm actually paying for it. Talk about rewarding the pirates...
Advertisement
24-01-2009, 23:08   #17
ro2

I'm in Ireland, I was just connecting through the UK. They've been able to access it from the start. I get a lot less buffering now than I did back in November.

I was also able to try out the US version at the start of the season. It's HD/widescreen and you can watch three games at once. The US version is a lot worse with the blackouts though, they find out which city you're in and block out the local games. I was connecting through NY and I couldn't watch the Knicks or the Nets. They don't show the games on ESPN/TNT and they won't have the All Star Weekend either.

There's a good thread here with other people that use the international one here:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nba-basketb...rnational.html

Basically they say you need a fast machine with 2GB RAM, the latest version of flash, the latest RayV installed and a decent connection.
Thanks from:
25-01-2009, 01:35   #18
jimmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulgan View Post

Now to decide whether it's worth it given the best games will always be on ESPN / TNT!
Local blackouts apply...we don't have any local broadcasting so we should be safe from from blackouts...maybe someone can confirm this?

I'm 90% tempted to get it just worried it won't be worth it or work properly coz I'm not a techie so I don't wanna get shafted. Also it's a bit of a bummer not having the playoffs included but still better than nothing and I suppose one step at a time they eventually pulled their finger out...who knows by season 2050-51 we might have tv broadcasting
25-01-2009, 10:32   #19
ro2

You could buy the daily pass and make sure it works before buying the half season.

The playoffs might be on it. Nobody has the rights here, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were shown.
25-01-2009, 21:30   #20
jimmay

I'm gonna get my dad to look at it because if I get the daily pass I might not get the new software necessary within the day but I'll post back to update
Advertisement
25-01-2009, 23:45   #21

Thanks ro2 for posting the link to the other forum! I'm still very disappointed in the nba league pass product- have done everything: updated flash player, closed all other windows and it's still buffering like crazy. To add insult to injury, it won't even connect at university (through a proxy). Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my subscription
25-01-2009, 23:50   #22
ro2

Who are you using for your broadband?
26-01-2009, 00:05   #23

Quote:
Who are you using for your broadband?
Eircom. 3meg down, 368kb/s up. No load on the connection except league pass when I was testing it.
02-02-2009, 18:31   #24
jimmay

I got the day pass yesterday to test it and watch the Cavs-Pistons game. Unfortunately the buffering is quite bad, so bad in fact that you couldn't really watch a game. Gutted...especially because when for those spurts it does work the quality is real nice The online support said that the quality improves with live games (I was watching replay as I had to reinstall the Ray V) but I'm obviously not going to pay for the half season unless it's watchable. I might try another day pass again in the next week or so, to see is there any improvement.
Other than that they said I just need bigger bandwidth , I have 1 meg but frequently have up 1 1/2 mbps (even though the requirement is less) and no loading when I tested it!!??
Advertisement
07-02-2009, 20:07   #25
peaceboi

hmm, ve 2 wait and see.

Sounds not very good abt the nba LP, at the moment. I dont believe its coz of the broadband connection & our systems. Its just their streaming capability is poor. Tey should giv the money bak, 4 poor service. I used 2 watch games live frm last few years, frm tat myp2p.eu, website. But sadly, found day b4, tat 4 som reason, the site is undergoin legal proceedings. So, nw really stranded. if nba fix tis buffering issue, please do update us. Thanks a lot guys.
08-02-2009, 05:18   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceboi View Post
Sounds not very good abt the nba LP, at the moment. I dont believe its coz of the broadband connection & our systems. Its just their streaming capability is poor. Tey should giv the money bak, 4 poor service. I used 2 watch games live frm last few years, frm tat myp2p.eu, website. But sadly, found day b4, tat 4 som reason, the site is undergoin legal proceedings. So, nw really stranded. if nba fix tis buffering issue, please do update us. Thanks a lot guys.
Ya i used to watch all the games on that site too. There being done for copyright or something. It really sucks!!
08-02-2009, 08:57   #27
peaceboi

big games 2night!

Hi dudes, anybody got other ideas than nba LP, 2 watch 2night's big games??
08-02-2009, 14:09   #28
jimmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceboi View Post
Hi dudes, anybody got other ideas than nba LP, 2 watch 2night's big games??
go 2 the airport and fly 2 america!

sorry I know it sucks...if I was over there I would be parked in front of the box all day. Spurs v Boston to warm up, then the main event Lebron v Kobe and for dessert if I was still hungry Suns v Pistons. WOW That would be great.
08-02-2009, 17:45   #29
peaceboi

hehe, yep. 2day's is a blokbuster fixture.
23-02-2009, 11:57   #30
jimmay

Detroit Pistons @ Miami Heat

Live Tue night/Wed morn on Channel 5 with special guest Coolio
(For those who haven't read the other thread, if you have Sky you can manually tune this channel in)

Wade on the back of scoring a career high 50 points line out against the Pistons who just got owned by Mr. James and co.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion