Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-06-2011, 21:18   #31
Mrs. Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
Just taken out some new insurance in preparation for this years trip to New Zealand with www.123.ie and unlike most of the other policies I'd been looking at they do seem to cover off-piste and heli-skiing (when with guides).
Hi,

Just wondering how you got on with 123. Son had insurance with BMC but they don't appear to be covering ROI people any longer. Any other recommendations out there for long term stay for snowboarding for Worldwide cover? Seems very expensive on a lot of sites.
Advertisement
08-06-2011, 01:43   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Doyle View Post
Hi,

Just wondering how you got on with 123. Son had insurance with BMC but they don't appear to be covering ROI people any longer. Any other recommendations out there for long term stay for snowboarding for Worldwide cover? Seems very expensive on a lot of sites.
Believe it or not VHI have a decent affordable worldwide travel cover. I can't remember the details for how many days etc but I'm sure there website will tell you. There are options you can tailor to your needs (e.g. winter sports cover or other stuff)
08-06-2011, 23:27   #33
Mrs. Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion guy View Post
Believe it or not VHI have a decent affordable worldwide travel cover. I can't remember the details for how many days etc but I'm sure there website will tell you. There are options you can tailor to your needs (e.g. winter sports cover or other stuff)
Thanks for reply. He's not insured with VHI any longer so don't think he can take out policy with them because of this aspect

"Medical Emergencies are handled through Vhi Assist under your Vhi Healthcare Hospital Plan"

We got a quote some years ago when he was insured with them and it was extremely expensive because of the 'dangerous sport' snowboarding!
09-06-2011, 00:59   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Doyle View Post
Thanks for reply. He's not insured with VHI any longer so don't think he can take out policy with them because of this aspect

"Medical Emergencies are handled through Vhi Assist under your Vhi Healthcare Hospital Plan"

We got a quote some years ago when he was insured with them and it was extremely expensive because of the 'dangerous sport' snowboarding!
Nah I think their travel insurance is separate nowadays.
Here are the details:
http://www.vhi.ie/info/MainServlet?a...lProductSelect
Click on optional add ons for the winter sports cover
21-12-2011, 10:49   #35
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Site listing current snow depths at various resorts around Europe:

http://en.skiinfo.com/snowreport-all...s-233-en.jhtml

added to the first post as well
Advertisement
15-03-2017, 14:24   #36
blue note

Is there a good website to find ski chalets? I'm guessing there's a website where they are all listed (it's easy enough to find holiday homes in Ireland like that), but I can't find one.

Specifically if we're looking at chalets I'd be thinking of Spain.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion