Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-01-2006, 22:37   #31

Rocha Tiles Tuam Road Galway. Moronic crap from somebody imitating Terry Wogan's voice. Has completely ruined the Vincent Browne show on RTE Radio One at night. I'm going to have the bathroom tiled in the spring but those ads. have done my head in so much that I don't care where I get the tiles from so long as it's not from that crowd.
Advertisement
28-01-2006, 19:01   #32
Banned

I see someone has "Myhomes.ie mentioned ...that b****x with the nasal supersidious Cork accent.... Aaaaargh

The one that gets me now is for "Chrysler Voyager"

Some dork with a fake American accent calling it "Cry sler Voyager "and putting "dee cell" into the tank..... FFS!!!!! who calls it "dee cell" over here ya bunch of rees?????
01-02-2006, 09:28   #33
tbh

I think its the Chevy ad that says "From stateside to our side".

1. No-one says Stateside
2. No one says "Our side"

lazy.

Also, anything with Niamh "wonder if that applies to the help" from fair city, or Claudia Carroll (Nicola)
01-02-2006, 09:29   #34
tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutterinBantam
I see someone has "Myhomes.ie mentioned ...that b****x with the nasal supersidious Cork accent.... Aaaaargh

The one that gets me now is for "Chrysler Voyager"

Some dork with a fake American accent calling it "Cry sler Voyager "and putting "dee cell" into the tank..... FFS!!!!! who calls it "dee cell" over here ya bunch of rees?????

Don Wycherly (sp?)? Is that the one - wake up and smell the foccaccia?

his voice actually makes me feel sick. seriously.
01-02-2006, 10:27   #35

there used to be an ad for transition year student radio program on 2fm..TY Radio and yer one used to keep shouting TY Radio during the advert.
Used ta do my nut in.
Advertisement
02-02-2006, 19:40   #36
SprostonGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caimin

I hear ya, his voice is weird.

This week, whats annoying me is the advert for the Mespil. These two cows talking in a "Cork" sing-song accent. Its blatantly two middle class girls, trying to affect the Cork accent and failing. But the general gist of the ad, is pure ****e.
02-02-2006, 23:22   #37
mickd

Quote:
Originally Posted by caimin

Amen yes to that, a voice make me want to heave with " his rolled up newspaper and leaky goggles". Bloody annoying
03-02-2006, 00:05   #38

But the worst of all are always the scolding ads.

The ones about people being deeply humiliated because they didn't get a TV licence - so annoying that I've genuinely thought of cancelling the *direct debit* that pays my licence out of sheer fury.

The ones that tell you that if you don't wear a seatbelt or walk on the road or drink and drive you're going to die horribly or live with guilt for the rest of your life - the people who think up all of these ads clearly hate us all.

Then there are the cheeky chirpy Cockney chappies and chapiesses, who drive me to distraction with rage - *especially* when you have an Irish voice doing the mother, then a Cockney voice doing the child. I know all the Irish ad agencies have sold out to English ones, but wouldn't someone start a new Irish agency? Please?

I used to actually like ads, both on TV and on the radio. Now I either reach for the remote and switch, or else just switch off mentally, unless I hate the ad enough that I sing loudly "I'll never buy [name of product]" all the time the ad is going on. Seems to work, too - I've found myself about to pick up a product I'd normally use, and then putting it down remembering the annoying ad.
03-02-2006, 09:33   #39
Kojak

Send a message via MSN to Kojak
That new tele Bingo ad where they go 'Tele Bingo, bum, bum, bum' etc.

God that annoys me.
Advertisement
07-02-2006, 17:03   #40
Fozzie Bear

That fu*king Barrys tea ad that is on at xmas. Turn the moment golden!!
Golden fu*kin shower more like it.

Jesus H Christ it makes me spit blood in a blind, all consuming, commit bloody murder, rage. I would like to take that train set and insert it side ways up that fu*kers hole followed quickly by the christmas tree and the kids head. Then i would make a cup of barrys tea (boiling scalding lava hot) and pour the lot of it down on top of his condescending, wise, smug twat head.

Thanks god it's only on at xmas, cos otherwise i would have taken out the shotgun and gone on a very messy, bloody rampage down shop street here in Galway...
08-02-2006, 15:31   #41

East Coast used to have a load of ads for Gammell Financal Services and they had a really boring drony voice on them they were awful
12-02-2006, 15:51   #42
Mr E
Administrator

"I can give you a thousand zloty note".

F**k off.
17-02-2006, 12:23   #43

Johnston, Mooney and O'brien. They must die....
I prefer my bakers to bake, not do amateur musicals ya know what i'm saying?
01-04-2006, 21:43   #44

I know it's an old thread, but anyway........

I hate the ad for one of those broadband companys were some guy doesn't have lines to read for the ad, and he's trying to make small talk. It's just goddamn irritating.

Anyone hear the drink driving ads on Today FM late at night, the ones where some guy at the end says "Don't be a fcuking eejit, don't drink and drive'? Came as a bit of a surprise to hear profanity on ads. Only in Ireland I guess....
01-04-2006, 21:45   #45
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
I've a worse one.. anyone ever heard of Flintshire Motors?

http://media.putfile.com/Flintshire

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion