Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

5805_1b92_500.jpeg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I had some cotton buds left out and my cockatiels found them and bizarrely love playing with them. They keep trying to take them off each other. It's very funny to watch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I had some cotton buds left out and my cockatiels found them and bizarrely love playing with them. They keep trying to take them off each other. It's very funny to watch :D
    You can now get plastic-free cotton buds, if you want to keep plastic away from them.

Any chicks this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Victor wrote: »
    You can now get plastic-free cotton buds, if you want to keep plastic away from them.
    Thanks I didn't know that.
    Victor wrote: »
    Any chicks this year?
    Yes I've one. To be honest, I've so many cockatiels that I can't have any more chicks as I don't have the space. There is one pair who are prolific at breeding eggs and I usually let them keep them for about two weeks and then take them away. I missed this one so it's an "oops" baby.

It sounds cruel but my two options are either let them raise the chicks and sell them when they get old enough or take the eggs away before they hatch. I don't want to sell the chicks because a lot of my cockatiels came to me when other people didn't want them anymore. Many people get a bird and keep it in a cage as a pretty ornament to show off to friends and don't treat them as living, breathing creatures.

All the birds who came to me didn't know how to fly :( They sat in their cage and only learned by watching the other birds. Any chick born in my house has only know freedom. I know it's limited to my apartment but if I sold them on, they'd probably end up spending 24/7 in a cage which would be cruel.

It turns out I'm going to have to re-home a lot, if not all of my cockatiels. My dog Molly has developed a severe allergy to the fine dander they produce. It took a lot of vet visits to figure this out. She's currently on an injection that counteracts this but it's nearly €100 and she'd need it every 6 weeks. I cannot afford this indefinitely and even if I could, I'm not comfortable with it. The injection stops the allergic reaction but I worry that she's still allergic so it could be doing her harm, if that makes any sense?

The receptionist at the vet told me to contact wildlife centres to see if they could take them and that's what I'm going to do. I've put off doing it because I'm afraid they'll say no and I don't know what to do but also because I don't want to lose them. But I'm going to have to do it this week whether I like it or not because Molly is showing signs that she will need another injection and it really hit home.

I have three cockatiels who are very timid and choose to spend 99% of their time in their cage (which is always open). They are not great flyers and are happy to come out of the cage, sit on the top of it for awhile and then go back in. I would be happy to re-home these three to someone who likes birds. They would not suit a home with small children as kids are loud and would poke the cage and I think this would literally frighten them to death.

If anyone is interested in these three or knows of someone looking for low maintenance cockatiels, feel free to pm me. I am in Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Please upload a video!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks I didn't know that.

Yes I've one. To be honest, I've so many cockatiels that I can't have any more chicks as I don't have the space. There is one pair who are prolific at breeding eggs and I usually let them keep them for about two weeks and then take them away. I missed this one so it's an "oops" baby.

It sounds cruel but my two options are either let them raise the chicks and sell them when they get old enough or take the eggs away before they hatch. I don't want to sell the chicks because a lot of my cockatiels came to me when other people didn't want them anymore. Many people get a bird and keep it in a cage as a pretty ornament to show off to friends and don't treat them as living, breathing creatures.

All the birds who came to me didn't know how to fly :( They sat in their cage and only learned by watching the other birds. Any chick born in my house has only know freedom. I know it's limited to my apartment but if I sold them on, they'd probably end up spending 24/7 in a cage which would be cruel.

It turns out I'm going to have to re-home a lot, if not all of my cockatiels. My dog Molly has developed a severe allergy to the fine dander they produce. It took a lot of vet visits to figure this out. She's currently on an injection that counteracts this but it's nearly €100 and she'd need it every 6 weeks. I cannot afford this indefinitely and even if I could, I'm not comfortable with it. The injection stops the allergic reaction but I worry that she's still allergic so it could be doing her harm, if that makes any sense?

The receptionist at the vet told me to contact wildlife centres to see if they could take them and that's what I'm going to do. I've put off doing it because I'm afraid they'll say no and I don't know what to do but also because I don't want to lose them. But I'm going to have to do it this week whether I like it or not because Molly is showing signs that she will need another injection and it really hit home.

I have three cockatiels who are very timid and choose to spend 99% of their time in their cage (which is always open). They are not great flyers and are happy to come out of the cage, sit on the top of it for awhile and then go back in. I would be happy to re-home these three to someone who likes birds. They would not suit a home with small children as kids are loud and would poke the cage and I think this would literally frighten them to death.

If anyone is interested in these three or knows of someone looking for low maintenance cockatiels, feel free to pm me. I am in Galway city.

You should try posting on one of the bird Facebook groups especially this one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/102449095762264

It's international but it seems to attract people very clued in on bird care, as a lot of people share knowledge on there.

I've seen people from cork comment on a video of a pigeon that was bright on a bus in cork in a young fellas hoody pouch, you'd be surprised how many Irish peeps would be on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

FvTPjoM.gif

"Cats aren't affectionate, they don't love anyone."

Oh, yeah?

PpQtHtT.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/PpQtHtT.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

No idea how to embed gifs. Even so they just appear as an image.

https://imgur.com/a/gfJihx2

• Advertisement

MOD: Those are mostly MP4s (right click on the image, and select "copy video location" - in this case, you'll get https://i.imgur.com/bo2HdlX.mp4).

If the file isn't huge, and if you change the extension to gif (i.e. https://i.imgur.com/bo2HdlX.gif), it should embed like a normal pic and play automatically.

bo2HdlX.gif

If it's big, it'll just show as a static image, that's why we add the original URL under it, in case people want to open it in a new tab.

https://i.imgur.com/bo2HdlX.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Reported for animal cruelty you monster. I've doxxed you and got your address, PETA will be protesting outside shortly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kittybags

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pussies

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

Waken up Victor. There's a place you can post this.

Mod: Moving the lot to the BAAAAAW* thread.

:)

*Number of As and Ws totally arbitrary

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Mod: Moving the lot to the BAAAAAW* thread.

:)

*Number of As and Ws totally arbitrary

Kinda defeats the whole "This. Is. Utter. Carnage." of the tweet.

Advertisement