Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what pirate radio stations are on in cork at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Music Radio Head

JDxtra wrote: »
    Probably someone with an eBay transmitter and a dipole sticking out a bedroom window.
    Just out of Curiosity I took a drive around to see where it was originating from and your spot on. Its Coming from There Bedroom. Laptop With a Virtual DJ program. And a Directional Dipole I'd say from EBay and a 50 or a 100 watt transmitter. Fair Play for having ago at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On 98fm now

This person is only messing about, and doing what there doing it to draw attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

I have heard True all over the City. I went to there new years event yesterday and managed to talk to the owner. He said there still waiting on a piece of equipment for there RDS to come. Once they have that there sound will be better once its installed. Are they still over modulating??

True does not and has not ever covered the city, they got some crowd the other night

True does not and has not ever covered the city, they got some crowd the other night
    they do on my radio in the van. There RDS system isn't on at the moment. I went to there event on new years eve and it was jointed before I got in there after waiting ages. They had to shut the doors around 8:30pm if you manually tune in the radio you will pick them up. Great Night Tbh

• Advertisement

Is this “City Beat” still on?

Apparently on 88.0 but haven't been down that way for a few days, and forgot to check.

True seem to be having problems with their tuner, audio is occasionally replaced by Lyric FM
    Amy other updates in Cork? That’s all I can pick up here

True seem to be having problems with their tuner, audio is occasionally replaced by Lyric FM
    Amy other updates in Cork? That’s all I can pick up here

Yes I have been hearing the same. I was going to post but wasn't sure if it was the weather. seems to have been sorted since tho. NRG are back on air 104.9 but signal is sketchy outside the city/surrounding areas.

Cork could do with a mostly-live, all-underground station like Phever in Dublin, could get a decent listenership with half the students spending their Thursday nights in Dali

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Despite one or two in this thread claiming to have actually heard it (as opposed to just reading about it on facebook) , I have heard no sign of it, on 88.0 or anywhere else
    (and anyone can setup a facebook page for a radio station, be it real or fictitious)

The only station I have heard on 88.0 whilst travelling around is Spirit from north Kerry, seems to come through relatively well on part of BallinCollig bypass,

Also are you sure it wasn't RTE R1 rather than Lyric you were getting on 87.8 ?? RTE R1 is on 87.8 from Clermont Carn in the north east and that can often by heard that far south if other occupants of the frequency are off the air

Antenna wrote: »
    Despite one or two in this thread claiming to have actually heard it (as opposed to just reading about it on facebook) , I have heard no sign of it, on 88.0 or anywhere else
    (and anyone can setup a facebook page for a radio station, be it real or fictitious)

The only station I have heard on 88.0 whilst travelling around is Spirit from north Kerry, seems to come through relatively well on part of BallinCollig bypass,

Also are you sure it wasn't RTE R1 rather than Lyric you were getting on 87.8 ?? RTE R1 is on 87.8 from Clermont Carn in the north east and that can often by heard that far south if other occupants of the frequency are off the air

Nope it was Lyric definitely. True seem to have had a power decrease also, haven’t been able to pick it up today or yesterday here in Waterford

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I picked up Cityview on 97.6 with RDS but I haven't seen it on air now for a few months.

2 weeks ago when I was on Cork it was just Power 87.5, True 87.8 and NRG 104.9 (taken at the top of Carrs Hill on the N28 on the Cork side).

marno21 wrote: »
    I picked up Cityview on 97.6 with RDS but I haven't seen it on air now for a few months.

2 weeks ago when I was on Cork it was just Power 87.5, True 87.8 and NRG 104.9 (taken at the top of Carrs Hill on the N28 on the Cork side).

I believe they usually only broadcast on weekday evenings and weekend afternoons
    Shame if it’s gone. Surprised you haven’t picked up Caroline on 107.0 on weekend daytimes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cork yesterday evening

87.5 Power
    87.8 True
    97.6 Cityview
    104.9 NRG

marno21 wrote: »
    Cork yesterday evening

87.5 Power
    87.8 True
    97.6 Cityview
    104.9 NRG

True have excellent coverage, perfect in Dungarvan for the most part

Cork City today:
    87.5 - Power
    87.8 - True
    97.6 - Cityview
    104.9 - NRG
    107.0 - Caroline
    as well as temp station Cork City Community Radio on 100.5

The music on CUH FM is right depressing for a Saturday night if you were in hospital, Hotel California, Linger etc? Still I suppose no one listens to it

FM pirates:
    87.5 Power
    87.8 True
    and a station on 105.3 playing rock music with no RDS, very good audio

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The music on CUH FM is right depressing for a Saturday night if you were in hospital, Hotel California, Linger etc? Still I suppose no one listens to it

some people must listen to it as otherwise it wouldn't be on.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

some people must listen to it as otherwise it wouldn't be on.

True, never heard it as downbeat as it was tonight anyway

Global FM apparently on 104.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Global FM apparently on 104.9

Global Radio?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Global Radio?

Not to be confused with the British commercial radio company :D

BAI are not doing their job properly when there are pirates in Cork/Dublin....

BAI are not doing their job properly when there are pirates in Cork/Dublin....

Is this a complaint?

Is this a complaint?

Not at all..More of an Observation ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not at all..More of an Observation ..

The role of the BAI is licence stations, it's the role of Comreg to remove unlicensed stations (as needed). You could argue that tight regulation by the BAI has forced the need for pirates to operate unlicensed.

Global FM strong across the city tonight, bad-ish audio

• Advertisement

Global FM strong across the city tonight, bad-ish audio

FM in Cork tonight
    87.5 Power87 (live since 6 at least, fair play to them)
    87.8 True Radio
    97.6 Cityview
    104.9 Global

Advertisement