Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deceased account holder

• 17-05-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

My father recently passed away the EI account was in his sole name. Changed over a/c to my mams name which involved closing the existing account and opening a new a/c in my mams name. Historically account was always paid in the post office. My mam is now being asked for a €300 deposit to keep this arrangement on her account. I think this is bad form and now the way EI should be treating life long customers who always paid there bill on time in full regardless.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Spark Plug, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please accept our sincerest condolences on your bereavement.

We regret any confusion. Applying a deposit would not be the usual procedure in a case like this if the account has been with Electric Ireland and a spouse is looking to take over the account. Can you advise how the account was set up? If it was online, this would explain how this happened as it is an automatic process.

Can you please get your mother to contact Electric Ireland to explain the situation, and the deposit can be removed. All contact details can be found here.

If your mother can send us a private message here or on Facebook or Twitter, we require the following: 

• The full name
    • The account number
    • The first line of your address
    • The contact number
    • Confirmation she is the account holder (Yes/No)

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spark Plug

Hi Spark Plug, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please accept our sincerest condolences on your bereavement.

We regret any confusion. Applying a deposit would not be the usual procedure in a case like this if the account has been with Electric Ireland and a spouse is looking to take over the account. Can you advise how the account was set up? If it was online, this would explain how this happened as it is an automatic process.

Can you please get your mother to contact Electric Ireland to explain the situation, and the deposit can be removed. All contact details can be found here.

If your mother can send us a private message here or on Facebook or Twitter, we require the following: 

• The full name
    • The account number
    • The first line of your address
    • The contact number
    • Confirmation she is the account holder (Yes/No)

[*]

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife
    [*]
    Aoife thank you for your reply the account was setup over the phone we (My mother & I) called your customer service line on 14/05/19 @ 13:13. I'll ask her to contact you directly thanks once again 

Advertisement