Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-05-2019, 18:56   #1
ablelocks

Logitech Harmony Elite & Hub - tips, tricks and how to's

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, just getting it set up

if anyone has any tips or advice on set up and use please post here

I've successfully set up activities for all devices, and that was a breeze. Have to get started on other features now.

(this isn't a thread for the merits or otherwise of the elite - i had done a search, but couldn't see a specific thread on the elite, and lots of posts i found were in general threads. mods feel free to delete if ye feel it's not required)
Advertisement
13-05-2019, 20:19   #2
ablelocks

I'm having difficulty with enabling Alexa, if anyone has any advice on that?
13-05-2019, 20:54   #3
eddiem74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablelocks View Post
I'm having difficulty with enabling Alexa, if anyone has any advice on that?
https://support.myharmony.com/en-ie/...h-amazon-alexa
Thanks from:
14-05-2019, 21:51   #4
ablelocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiem74 View Post
thanks.

step 2 in the guide should actually read :

2. Make sure that there is an echo device in the room, that it is plugged in and working. Roaring "Alexa, Turn on TV" directly to the Harmony Hub is futile and will only frustrate you, your family and the neighbours dog.

Once you have ensured that Alexa is up and running on the Echo device, proceed to Step 3

I assumed that the hub had a built in echo. You roar, reboot, roar again, reboot the wifi, reset the hub, roar, swear, re-read the instructions carefully, word for word and it still takes 3 goes to figure out that another device is required to sit alongside the hub in order for Alexa to work.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to build in alexa bits to the hub?

(although it may help explain all the negative comments about not getting Alexa to work )
(2) thanks from:
10-08-2019, 15:13   #5
mgray

Can't seem to get my elite to learn the DVR or tv guide commands for the Virgin box. Anyone know a way around it.?
Advertisement
30-08-2019, 16:35   #6
garion

Has anyone has any issues pairing the Harmony Elite with an 2015 Nvidea Shield? Doesn't seem to recognize it properly. There's lots of posts about it online but wondering if anyone here had any issues or tips for getting it working?
08-09-2019, 22:34   #7
Heiser

For those that have bought, is it any good? I heard they pushed out an update that reduced the functionality?
11-09-2019, 18:17   #8
Grumpypants

Mine is wrapped up in the spare room as it was a giant pain and rarely worked. I just got a firestick 4k and Alexa can control that much easier and The Alexa remote controls the TV.
11-09-2019, 18:38   #9
Irish Gunner

I have logitech harmony elite and can be temperamental. Use it for TV and nvidia shied and linked it with Alexa.

I'm happy enough with just the one remote
Advertisement
11-09-2019, 23:01   #10
garion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Gunner View Post
I have logitech harmony elite and can be temperamental. Use it for TV and nvidia shied and linked it with Alexa.

I'm happy enough with just the one remote
Can you share how you paired it with your nvidea shield or if you had any trouble? It won't find mine when I search for it via model number. Very frustrating!
11-09-2019, 23:14   #11
Heiser

They're temperamental? Ah I think I'll leave it so, I've enough annoying gadgetry in the house. I thought this would make life easier, I've six remotes in the living room, but if it's a pain to connect to things and temperamental I'd end up using the old remotes
12-09-2019, 05:47   #12
Irish Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion View Post
Can you share how you paired it with your nvidea shield or if you had any trouble? It won't find mine when I search for it via model number. Very frustrating!
I downloaded the harmony app from the play store and set it up with this can't remember how. I searched for devices and it picked it up.

As for being temperamental. I've lights, av receiver. Shield and TV connected to it so temperamental with the handshake between them but not often to make it annoying
12-09-2019, 12:42   #13
BrownFinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiser View Post
They're temperamental? Ah I think I'll leave it so, I've enough annoying gadgetry in the house. I thought this would make life easier, I've six remotes in the living room, but if it's a pain to connect to things and temperamental I'd end up using the old remotes
I have an older harmony touch and have had them for 10+ years.
I don't have any listening devices in the house so just use IR controls and its the best ever!
12-09-2019, 17:29   #14
ablelocks

i have the elite a few months now. set up in about 30 minutes, haven't had an issue with it since. (I haven't yet tried the Alexa control - i've an echo input that won't set up right but that's not the elites fault)

AV Receiver / Xbox One X / Blu-ray player / Now TV / Sky Q Box and Hue lights all working perfectly on it.
24-10-2019, 20:07   #15
taytobreath

is anyones harmony elite giving trouble the last few days. Mine seems to have a delay in responding and sometimes the remote disconects from the hub. or when i press a button once it shows that i pressed it twice or more. ive tried the usual, the reset button on the hub and the remote, but still clunky as fuk.
any help regarding this would be great.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion