Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

I've seen that NSR about, she's absolutely stunning.

Living where I do I'm treated to a parade heading into Howth all summer, 'tis great.

We were in Howth having coffee yesterday before heading to Bray.

Great bike,NSR250 had a spin on it yesterday.

Mini me.....lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

We were in Howth having coffee yesterday before heading to Bray.

I cycle around Howth a lot, rarely take the motorbike up.

Anyway since getting the 1200GS no one says hello to me anymore, I guess I'm 'one of them' lol

We were outside Panorama.
    I was nodding at every bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gogzey

Thinking of buying a bike again , but nothing fast just looking to go out on evenings or weekends just for a cruise around , any one suggest good bike for this ?? did think about XJR1300 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Good weekend of it Into Killarney today on to molls gap home through healy rae county good shot of lads out on bikes. Yesterday up the Vee on to new ross back home on the motorway which was hairy enough in spots. It’s great to have the bugs hitting you like stones instead of actual hail stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Not many out in Laragh today....too cold..???...:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6vBZIpRBt0

Not many out in Laragh today....too cold..???...:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6vBZIpRBt0

The riding season is closed don't ya know :P

The riding season is closed don't ya know :P

When do the "adventure" riders come out of hibernation. ...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It's cold enough Monday to Friday, Sunday is our day of rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

When do the "adventure" riders come out of hibernation. ...:p

Some of us ride any time of the year ;) I've been ignoring the Mrs last few days with her dropping the hint about all this frost and snow that's coming when getting my gear ready the night before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah, great video to open in work :rolleyes:

Life ain't always empty.

Unsurprising that the bronze were more interested in bikers than a huge oil slick from Roundwood to nearly Annamoe this morning...hope there were no incidents..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Gogzey wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a bike again , but nothing fast just looking to go out on evenings or weekends just for a cruise around , any one suggest good bike for this ?? did think about XJR1300 ?

I have a nice clean Honda Deauville i might be selling shorty, only has 13k Km on it also

2shea wrote: »
    I have a nice clean Honda Deauville i might be selling shorty, only has 13k Km on it also

Hopefully they haven't bought something else in the last 11 months :p

Also XJR1300... Deuville?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Where ye all spinning tomorrow?

LIGHTNING wrote:
    If anybody is out tomorrow for a spin in Dublin I'd join them!

is this a blast or an easy run you'd like? :)

LIGHTENING another time for sure, but I entered a race this morning (nothing exciting like a bike race, just a 5k run). It starts at 12 noon so I'm gone pretty much until mid afternoon.

If you head out be safe, and have a ball.

If you're tempted to take in some scenery and bikes checkout Laragh in Co.Wicklow. The ride from Dublin up and over the Sally Gap, coffee or break at Lough Tay (stunning views of 'The Guinness Lake', then head down through Roundwood and into Laragh.

Or if you want then you could head out to Howth, but where most bikers come off the M50 and onto the N32 and straight through the Malahide Rd/N32 junction into Clarehall take the left onto the Malahide road, up into Malahide and ride the coast down into Portmarnock (beautiful views) and into Howth from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

zubair wrote: »
    Hopefully they haven't bought something else in the last 11 months :p

Also XJR1300... Deuville?!

The Deauville us a grand machine , I owned a Kawasaki GTR1400 at one stage and that thing was like a Scud
    Missile!

Deauville is a much more relaxing ride. Less likely to do silly things on it too as it just hasn't got the power.

It is slow enough but I don't mind that.

In saying that is love a GTR again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Anyone up for a spin tomorrow around Dublin? I'll be leaving the Spawell garage around 10AM if anyone wants to join me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Took this baby out for its first spin of the year and it didn't disappoint.
    Went Youghal-Clashmore-Dungarvan-Cappoquin-Lismore-Ballyduff-Fermoy-Tallow-Youghal-Home.

I love this bike but when you are not used to it a few hours is tough enough on the arms and neck.

o7ssap.jpg

29xfzif.jpg

Alter_Ego wrote:
    Anyone up for a spin tomorrow around Dublin? I'll be leaving the Spawell garage around 10AM if anyone wants to join me.

Did you get out? Was away myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Zipppy wrote: »
    Did you get out? Was away myself...
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    10 is a bit too early for me! I went out myself at lunch for a blast up the sally's gap. Had to drop a few gears going up the hills :pac:

Yes, but later that I though, was out around 2PM. Went down the N81, through Valleymount and to Laragh - that bit was fine. The next part through Roundwood and Eniskerry was a torture with Sunday drivers doing literally half the speed limit and holding up queues of cars. Didn't bother overtaking them, as you'd arrive at next fustercluck in 30 seconds anyway. Knew it will be like that, but didn't expect so many cars on the roads.

Next time - Kildare/Meath. Might do a 10:30 start to increase my chances of someone turning up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Just picked up my first ever bike on Sunday (Nc700) only done a few small runs with it so far due to the weather but if any fellow newbies or boardsies are looking to go for a spin any sunday id be delighted to go along, im based on the wicklow \ kildare border, but id travel within reason

Meeting another rider in Naas at 12 tomorrow for a local ish spin. Will probably get in the Wicklow photo rally stop. We'll be at the usual boardie meeting point, across from the Odeon cinema. Reply here if you want to join us.

I'm grabbing a quick bite to eat and heading out in the minute while the roads are how I like them (quiet).
    Don't know where I'm going yet.
    Anyone that's out, enjoy yourselves lads.
    Be safe!!!!

Went Dungarvan-Clonmel-Cahir and now in Cashel
    23w3ev.jpg

Going to head back in a few minutes and probably hit The Vee or some other mountain roads!
    Another great day for it!!!

blade1 wrote:
    Going to head back in a few minutes and probably hit The Vee or some other mountain roads! Another great day for it!!!

it lashed in Dublin.. luckily was in a cafe when it hit :)

Zipppy wrote: »
    it lashed in Dublin.. luckily was in a cafe when it hit :)
    It started raining when I was one mile from home.
    Other than that I got home unscathed!

I can't say the same for yesterday though.
    Lost 2 jam doughnuts that I picked up in Lidl on the way home from a spin to Carrick an Suir.
    I put them in my backpack at the till but an Italian girl started talking to me so I got distracted and forgot to zip up my goodies!! :eek: :pac:

She was telling me she had her ibt done and was buying a Ducati monster next month.
    She was also getting married next month and had a deal with her husband to be...no bike until after the wedding.
    She said she can't wait to get her bike!! :pac:

• Advertisement

482374.jpg

First Sunday spin on the new bike, I've had it months now and I'm on it daily but haven't had time for a hoon (bar a track day).

Advertisement