Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

So we had a genuinely good draft... not sure what to think now. I'm confused by this

So we had a genuinely good draft... not sure what to think now. I'm confused by this

They suck me in every year and I start the season with a bit of optimism but that’s usually beaten out of me by the middle of September.

They suck me in every year and I start the season with a bit of optimism but that’s usually beaten out of me by the middle of September.

Oh I get ya, completely the same. But .. and there is always a but ... i mean we genuinely got better with that draft. Add in a healthy Guice ... plus Keenum should be serviceable .. Doctson should improve ... I mean real reason for optimism or am i just being crazy

Oh I get ya, completely the same. But .. and there is always a but ... i mean we genuinely got better with that draft. Add in a healthy Guice ... plus Keenum should be serviceable .. Doctson should improve ... I mean real reason for optimism or am i just being crazy

I’ll go with crazy.

• Advertisement

Just read that they aren't picking up his 5th year option so it really is a prove it year for him.

Just read that they aren't picking up his 5th year option so it really is a prove it year for him.

He's got all the skills to be elite. But yeah a prove it year for him now. Too many drops to be in the top tier or even second to top tier.

And it starts.........

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26787674/redskins-lb-foster-carted-field-otas

We might have another Junior Gallette on our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

And it starts.........

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26787674/redskins-lb-foster-carted-field-otas

We might have another Junior Gallette on our hands.

Aside from being at best a complete idiot, he was made of glass while with the 49ers. He could barely ever stay healthy, even games when he played he spent time getting treatment. It became a running joke.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Aside from being at best a complete idiot, he was made of glass while with the 49ers. He could barely ever stay healthy, even games when he played he spent time getting treatment. It became a running joke.

Torn ACL. Done for the year. Made of glass indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Torn ACL. Done for the year. Made of glass indeed.

Tough spot for the Redskins next off season with him, he'll have missed 32 of 48 games, through injury or suspension, and they'll have to decide on picking up his 5th year option.

So Trent wants out because of the way his injuries have been handled. That's not good.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/will-trent-williams-ever-return-redskins-i-sure-hope-so-says-jay-gruden

So Trent wants out because of the way his injuries have been handled. That's not good.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/will-trent-williams-ever-return-redskins-i-sure-hope-so-says-jay-gruden

He can want out but he has two years left, no reason for the Redskins to trade him either.

All very vague as to what the actual problem was though.

I know I shouldn't have been too surprised reading about it when you hear about sports stars squandering their money but still, Adrian Peterson's story about being in debt did surprise me. But then I heard on the Dan leBatard show today about his 30th birthday party and it all made sense.

No sign of Trent Williams at training camp either. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. They have to pay Scherff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Still no sign of Trent.

What did yis make of the opening preseason game v the Browns?

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    Still no sign of Trent.

What did yis make of the opening preseason game v the Browns?

Didn't read too much into the game to be honest. Would have liked to see more starters play as under Gruden they have come out flat in week 1 and looked unprepared but we'll see.

Didn't read too much into the game to be honest. Would have liked to see more starters play as under Gruden they have come out flat in week 1 and looked unprepared but we'll see.

Most of them making the right noise in training camp from what I have seen. The QB situation will be interesting.

Most of them making the right noise in training camp from what I have seen. The QB situation will be interesting.

Interesting in a bad way though. Neither Colt or Keenam fill me with excitement and I don’t think Haskins is in the running for week 1. Without any help at LT, whoever it is is going to get murdered anyway. Cox and Mack in 2 of the first three weeks is scary if Trent isn’t playing.

• Advertisement

Interesting in a bad way though. Neither Colt or Keenam fill me with excitement and I don’t think Haskins is in the running for week 1. Without any help at LT, whoever it is is going to get murdered anyway. Cox and Mack in 2 of the first three weeks is scary if Trent isn’t playing.

Not ideal alright, wouldnt be all that optimistic even with Trent playing.

I dont view it as a bad situation I sort of like both Colt and Keenum, think Keenum was unlucky to get shafted from Minnesota and think he could do ok in the system at Washington. Not going to ask him to throw too many deep balls and he scrambles well.

Gruden: Derrius Guice not cleared for full contact

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/gruden-derrius-guice-not-cleared-full-contact

I’m starting to think Guice will never play a competitive snap ☹️

Not ideal alright, wouldnt be all that optimistic even with Trent playing.

I dont view it as a bad situation I sort of like both Colt and Keenum, think Keenum was unlucky to get shafted from Minnesota and think he could do ok in the system at Washington. Not going to ask him to throw too many deep balls and he scrambles well.

Yeahs it’s dwfinirwly between Colt and Keenum. I’d rather have Keenum in. Just feel that Colt is too injury prone and assured to throw a pick or two. Need to be solid and keep hold of the ball in week 1.

Preseason I know but giving up punt return TDs two weeks in a row is worrying.

At least Haskins looked decent enough.

Preseason I know but giving up punt return TDs two weeks in a row is worrying.

At least Haskins looked decent enough.

Well he made one decent long pass, from all the talk in camp thpugh it seems they think he will start at some point this season.

What are the best Redskins podcasts lads?

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    What are the best Redskins podcasts lads?

The Kevin Sheehan Show (my favourite)
    Redskins Talk (JP Finlay, also excellent)
    The John Keim podcast
    Locked on Redskins
    The Hog Sty

And I forgot Harry Hog Football. A bit of an acquired taste as they are fans as opposed to reporters and it takes a while to get used to their style but I love it

Just caught the highlights of the Falcons game there. Looked a scrappy affair.

Good to see Guice on the field all the same.

So exciting watching Haskins play as you know if the protection is good, there’s a strong possibility of a good play coming up!

• Advertisement

Bad news with Reed going into the concussion protocol again. He really is jinxed. I had doubted whether he’d ever play a full season. Now I wonder how much he will play at all.

Advertisement