Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharavogue School - views

• 11-04-2019 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I would really appreciate views on Sharavogue junior school in Glenageary. We are moving back from abroad and finding it so difficult to get a Junior Infants place. We've no option, given the lack of places at national school and a system that doesn't help ppl moving into an area, but to go private. I'd love to hear from parents who currently have children in the school or know the school more broadly. All info gratefully received.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

OhBlaDee5 wrote: »
    I would really appreciate views on Sharavogue school. We are moving back from abroad and finding it so difficult to get a Junior Infants place. We've no option, given the lack of places at national school and a system that doesn't help ppl moving into an area, but to go private. I'd love to hear from parents who currently have children in the school or know the school more broadly. All info gratefully received.

Where is the school ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OhBlaDee5

Where is the school ?

It's in Glenageary - apologies. I've edited the post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It seems to be a private school and doesn't seem to follow the DES Irish curriculum. In some private schools, the teachers aren't qualified, so I'd be asking about both of those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

we have a son in the Montessori and was in creche before that. Don't know much about the school other than it is well run and the kids seem happy there. Classes are small so i think the may merge a few of the years, not 100% sure on that.
    Have you considered monkstown junior school?

Advertisement