Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-11-2017, 00:13   #1

Funeral Insurance When Terminally Ill... And Young

Is this even possible or would I be excluded for having a very life-limiting illness? I'm young too, 33. Would this make a difference?

I'm on an online UK based support group for people in the same position and people there have been able to get great funeral insurance plans for quite a small monthly payment. I'm just not sure if that is possible over here.

I just don't want to burden loved ones with a huge funeral bill when I'm gone but I am so broke, I cannot save the funeral amount. I can however pay a monthly insurance premium if there is a lower cost one available.

I know I probably seem lazy asking here but it's an emotionally overwhelming, daunting and pretty upsetting thing to think about.
Advertisement
10-11-2017, 14:07   #2
looksee
Hi Dara, I'm sorry you have this to deal with. I honestly can't say anything very useful, I have no idea. Is there anyone could pick up the phone for you and ask a broker? Then at least you would only have to ask once, rather than explaining over and over.
(2) thanks from:
11-11-2017, 02:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by looksee View Post
Hi Dara, I'm sorry you have this to deal with. I honestly can't say anything very useful, I have no idea. Is there anyone could pick up the phone for you and ask a broker? Then at least you would only have to ask once, rather than explaining over and over.
My huz actually works in insurance but it's not a conversation I want to have with him. I may need professional advice.
13-04-2019, 15:08   #4
oconnot5

Sorry to hear. There are options for over 50, no medical / disclosure needed. Not sure for younger though

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion