Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Philly Gaethje v Barboza

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gaethje v Khabib, a fight I never knew I wanted. Make it happen. He has a chance imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually a pretty amazing main card, so many great scraps and last minute rallying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Can you imagine a Gaethje Ferguson fight? I mean Ferguson would almost certainly win but it'd be one hell of a scrap.

My money would not be on Ferguson, that ship has sailed...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭The Rooster

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    And a perfect backflip too.....

Got to be the biggest draw in the UFC now.

For a split second I thought he was going to land on the doctor who'd just rushed into the octagon!

Just watching the prelims now. The judge who scored 30-27 for Kenney seriously must have been smoking crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ASOT wrote: »
    Gaethje v Khabib, a fight I never knew I wanted. Make it happen. He has a chance imo

Sure has
    I think khabib would find Justin as hard to beat as anyone in the division right now
    What a division it is though right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

mailburner wrote: »
    Sure has
    I think khabib would find Justin as hard to beat as anyone in the division right now
    What a division it is though right now

Why do ye give him such a chance, based on his striking? No one's ever seen him wrestle in MMA

• Registered Users Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Why do ye give him such a chance, based on his striking? No one's ever seen him wrestle in MMA

Good point!

I don't actually know how good his wrestling is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

From his wrestling pedigree if his TDD holds up he would make it an interesting fight with a real possibility of getting the finish. Great fight to make imo, lots of unknowns which will make it very interesting. Still a high chance of getting mauled though.

What Khabib does best, other than the obvious wrestling, is getting strikers so paranoid that they can never get an offence going. Justin would be pretty interesting, at least he has good wrestling to fall back on. Would really like to see Justin v Khabib as well, or else Askren v Khabib at some point. Though Askren is an amazing wrestler, unlike Khabib who has competent striking, his stand up is seriously lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    My money would not be on Ferguson, that ship has sailed...

what ship has sailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I mean that IMO Furguson has slipped from the focus of the UFC, other fighters, and fans his legal and mental issues have taken their toll, and I don't see a way back.

Advertisement