Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

hsan wrote: »
    Quick question. I backed van persie fgs knowing that if ronnie scored anytime I'd get my money back. In my pp account its gone down as a loss. Anyone in the same boat?
    Well van persie or Ronaldo didn't score the first goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Message them about that hsan. It's a mistake. Ronaldo scored so you should get the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bet on a 2-2 this evening but at least that nice Paddy Power gave me money back cos Ronaldo scored.

Pondering an FA Cup qf accumulator but not sure what to do with Milwall Blackburn. Can any of you Championship mavens advise me?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As usual during working hours, no access to bookies websites so dont know odds.
    But ill be going again for:

PSG - Valencia: Sending off? YES

Ref
    Not as much a dick as the one last night but he is dishing them out in the EL/CL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Anything But United.

Generally refers to the type of football fan who hates Man United more than they really should and grow completely illogical about their dislike of the club.

*Anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

inforfun wrote: »

Ref
    Not as much a dick as the one last night but he is dishing them out in the EL/CL games.

On betfair 3.8. Not great odds

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

inforfun wrote: »

Ref
    Quick look on paddy using the mobile

12/5
    Not a bet I've ever done but I thought
    Odds would be bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Anything But United.

Generally refers to the type of football fan who hates Man United more than they really should and grow completely illogical about their dislike of the club.[/QUOTE.if you put any other team name in where you have man united ,then you have a united fan;)

"If you put any other team name in where you have man united ,then you have a united fan;) "

Can we stick to the Tips and keep this childish sh*t out of the one decent thread we have going here on the gambling forum?

I'm contemplating doubling Juve/Juve with a PSG win tonight pays about 4/1, looks decent odds to me. Valencia were very poor in the first game against PSG and trying to attack PSG and leaving themselves open to the counter attack will not work in their favour tonight.

Am a little apprehensive about backing an Italian team that is leading 3-0 though. They may be happy to just sit back and defend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

On betfair 3.8. Not great odds
    mailburner wrote: »
    Quick look on paddy using the mobile

12/5
    Not a bet I've ever done but I thought
    Odds would be bigger

Got just over 4 on the UTD game yesterday on Marathon. Dortmund was @3.95

Guess it ill be around that on Marathon for tonights game as well. probably will wait in game, see how they get on and wait for the odds to go up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

First time poster, but long time lurker, who'd like to thank the members of this forum for excellent tipping. It's great to see a collective helping each other out.

What do people think of over 11 corners in the Celtic, Juv game at evens for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating Valencia over 4 corners at 5/6. They got 8 in the first leg and surely have to go for it tonight. Anyone got an opinion on this as i didn't see the first game.

Just had a look at Valencia's last 3 away games in the champions league and the corner count is 0,4,2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

"If you put any other team name in where you have man united ,then you have a united fan;) "

Can we stick to the Tips and keep this childish sh*t out of the one decent thread we have going here on the gambling forum?

I'm contemplating doubling Juve/Juve with a PSG win tonight pays about 4/1, looks decent odds to me. Valencia were very poor in the first game against PSG and trying to attack PSG and leaving themselves open to the counter attack will not work in their favour tonight.

Am a little apprehensive about backing an Italian team that is leading 3-0 though. They may be happy to just sit back and defend.

it was a bit of a joke sorry keep the hair on and i think juve will hammer celtic tonight all over -1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Kazakh league, first game of the season:

Kayrat @ 1.62

Kayrat's new coach is Vladimir Weiss, the guy who took the Slovakian club Artmedia to the CL groups and who also qualified Slovakia for the World Cup (they beat Italy and qualified from their group), so basically he seems to be a great coach.
    They start the season at home against a team that finished just above the relegation zone last season and who have signed only 1 player according to this site: http://sports.kz/table/87

I've put Kayrat in a double with PSG double chance @ 1.98

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Is that a Friday match Lass ?

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Is that a Friday match Lass ?

No, the game's on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tommasi

Anybody betting on the womens Algarve cup today?

I've just stuck on USA and Germany games to score over 2.5 at nearly double money.

First time poster, but long time lurker, who'd like to thank the members of this forum for excellent tipping. It's great to see a collective helping each other out.

What do people think of over 11 corners in the Celtic, Juv game at evens for tonight?

Welcome on board Arturo, just because it's yer 1st post it doesn't exclude you from having an opinion .. contrary to some of the stuff here the last few days ;) .. I'm not great for corner bets, but looking at the corner line on bet365, they're looking @ Juventus 7 & Celtic 4. Now in the context of what for all intents & purposes is a dead match you'd wonder whether Juve have the motivation to fulfill the 7 corners. On the other hand it's possible that Celtic will come out and give it a right good go - Celtic +3.5 corners is available @ 4/6 which maybe the way to go.

Tommasi wrote: »
    Anybody betting on the womens Algarve cup today?

I've just stuck on USA and Germany games to score over 2.5 at nearly double money.

http://women.soccerway.com/international/world/algarve-cup/2013/group-stage/ ... if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

- Celtic +3.5 corners is available @ 4/6 which maybe the way to go.

I think we're in "need to win" territory there. It's a factor, but it seems to have been over-factored.

Celtic are vastly inferior to Juve and ordinarily would be expected to win less corners, especially away from home. The idea that they would win four more away from home is preposterous if you ask me. Under any circumstances.

EDIT - I see it says plus 3.5 corners and not minus. Carry on...

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote: »
    I think we're in "need to win" territory there. It's a factor, but it seems to have been over-factored.

Celtic are vastly inferior to Juve and ordinarily would be expected to win less corners, especially away from home. The idea that they would win four more away from home is preposterous if you ask me. Under any circumstances.

EDIT - I see it says plus 3.5 corners and not minus. Carry on...

:rolleyes: .. NP we've all done it ! ... sorry Bateman, just to clarify .. the bet is for Celtic to be awarded 4 team corners

:rolleyes: .. NP we've all done it ! ... sorry Bateman, just to clarify .. the bet is for Celtic to be awarded 4 team corners

I think Celtic can get at least 4 corners tonight! Looks a good price. I might go there instead of Juve/Juve.

What do people make of this treble..

St. Mirren
    PSG
    Juventus

2 mates just ran with that and I'm inclined to think it's a nice enough bet to be getting back 70 quid from a tenner on Paddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Keano! wrote: »

St. Mirren
    PSG
    Juventus

2 mates just ran with that and I'm inclined to think it's a nice enough bet to be getting back 70 quid from a tenner on Paddy...

Zlatan is out for PSG tonight. Id say a draw is quite possible in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tommasi

Keano! wrote: »

St. Mirren
    PSG
    Juventus

I think Celtic might get something out of the game. They were unlucky in the first leg and with Samaras back tonight have a much bigger threat on goal.

Don't forget that PSG don't need to win to qualify and Ibra is suspended, although they have enoguh quality to score with Lavezzi, Lucas etc
    I'd only back PSG if Alex and Van der Wiel are not in the starting line up.

mossy464 wrote: »
    Zlatan is out for PSG tonight. Id say a draw is quite possible in that game.

Yeah, I was kinda going on PSG's whopper home form, their 'keeper and the euphoria of getting to the next round.... haven't been there since '95 was it?
    Tommasi wrote: »
    I think Celtic might get something out of the game. They were unlucky in the first leg and with Samaras back tonight have a much bigger threat on goal.

As good as Celtic were at home, I can't help but feel Juve are bankers for tonight.. Celtic will have to come out and attack, and that's gonna leave a largely untested defence exposed at times.... can see Juve racking up 3 or 4 to be honest :/

Really caught in two minds about this bet... Think I'll give it some thought and make a decision later tonight. Odds are I'll go on it though :p Unless I can be talked out of it... floor is open! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I agree with you - depending on the quality of the teams, I always want to find a way of getting against the team who "needs to win" - it's a grossly overestimated factor and regularly gets turned over

Dortmund were 1.7 last night for a game that they didn't "need to win" - they still went out and got a result that reflected their superiority as a team

Under 2.5 in Bregalnica vs Napredok (Macedonian league) @ 1.70

MIGHT be fixed, sorry for saying this 1 min before kick off, just saw the odds movements now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Welcome on board Arturo, just because it's yer 1st post it doesn't exclude you from having an opinion .. contrary to some of the stuff here the last few days ;) .. I'm not great for corner bets, but looking at the corner line on bet365, they're looking @ Juventus 7 & Celtic 4. Now in the context of what for all intents & purposes is a dead match you'd wonder whether Juve have the motivation to fulfill the 7 corners. On the other hand it's possible that Celtic will come out and give it a right good go - Celtic +3.5 corners is available @ 4/6 which maybe the way to go.

Going for broke on Celtic +3.5 corners, sacked paddy power on Sunday and joined Bet365, €10 bonus is up at €240 after Madrid win last night, think Celtic are gonna go all out tonight so 4 corners looks like a cracking bet.

€240 returns €399

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement