Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Ardent

Xbox one halo edition and fifa 15 for 349.99 starts tomorrow, with 10 euro gift card.

I only see it for 379.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Xbox one halo edition and fifa 15 for 349.99 starts tomorrow, with 10 euro gift card.
    Ardent wrote: »
    I only see it for 379.99?

Was in argos today. They have posters up.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Remouad wrote: »

Yeah head in and quote the posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Unusual one... Have a few Argos gift cards which I need to use up. Can use them for any Argos item and any value. If you're intending to shop at the Blanchardstown Argos (which I'm beside) and could use them for me I'd be very grateful.

Please PM me. There'll be no cost to you of course but I'll give you a small free gift.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

Unusual one... Have a few Argos gift cards which I need to use up. Can use them for any Argos item and any value. If you're intending to shop at the Blanchardstown Argos (which I'm beside) and could use them for me I'd be very grateful.

Please PM me. There'll be no cost to you of course but I'll give you a small free gift.

Thanks.
    ?
    You are BESIDE the store but you want to give anyone else the free gift cards to use for themselves and you will reward them for doing so?

again
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

degsie wrote: »
    ?
    You are BESIDE the store but you want to give anyone else the free gift cards to use for themselves and you will reward them for doing so?

again
    ?

He wants the cash value of the vouchers- from someone who is going to shop there anyway- as he needs the cash, and has no immediate want/need from Argos........... I've dealt with him before- no issues encountered.

Exactly. Thanks Conductor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

He wants the cash value of the vouchers- from someone who is going to shop there anyway- as he needs the cash, and has no immediate want/need from Argos........... I've dealt with him before- no issues encountered.

Ah, not a BA so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

degsie wrote: »
    ?

again
    ?

How much in vouchers have you? I want to get something in argos and can just as easy go to blanch for it on sat if it helps someone out.

yellow hen wrote: »
    How much in vouchers have you? I want to get something in argos and can just as easy go to blanch for it on sat if it helps someone out.

Thanks. I have about €80. PM'ing you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Ahh the good old Boards.ie spirit..well done Yellow hen...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

fair play to you helping a fellow boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Remouad wrote: »

Ah thanks for the info.Had one reserved but not much bothered with Halo and was going to leave it, with the extra game thrown in it might be worth getting.Still lots of stock left too.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Kenjataimu wrote: »

they didnt last long at that price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

johnf26 wrote: »
    they didnt last long at that price :(

CeX went from having 12 in the whole country on tuesday to 63 today, 51 of these selling in Argos probably raised some flags, just a guess on my part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

CeX went from having 12 in the whole country on tuesday to 63 today, 51 of these selling in Argos probably raised some flags, just a guess on my part though.

Yeah but why increase the price if it was selling? I mean they must have reduced them to move them on, right, so makes no sense to increase and stop the sales almost completely. :confused:

I'm just annoyed I didn't pick 1 up at the cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

(Not entirely the right place to post this, so apologies!).... Does anyone know if argos is open tomorrow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

(Not entirely the right place to post this, so apologies!).... Does anyone know if argos is open tomorrow? :)

Quite a few seem to be here is the store list check your local to see if it is open.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosStoreLocatorDB?includeName=StoreLocator&langId=111&storeId=10152

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭mcw92

Yes. Christmas day is the only day it closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

marcbrophy wrote: »
    New GTA V for pc is €46.99
    Just released today.

It's meant to be 7 discs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's meant to be 7 discs :eek:

It is 7 discs!
    7 dual layered dvds at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

It is 7 discs!
    prob a steam code in the box, just throw it into steam and hit install

It is 7 discs!

That's crazy lol
    bpb101 wrote: »
    prob a steam code in the box, just throw it into steam and hit install

I'd be under the assumption that people purchasing on disc would be more inclined to install from disc rather than download 50GB or so.

I'm guessing that's the main reason some people still purchase on disc unless they're physical box collector whores :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That's crazy lol

I'd be under the assumption that people purchasing on disc would be more inclined to install from disc rather than download 50GB or so.

I'm guessing that's the main reason some people still purchase on disc unless they're physical box collector whores :D
    steam is a lot more expensive than shops. for new games buy the game in the shop and take out the codes. steam is only cheap twice a year.

i think this may be on windows own fúcked up version of steam like gta iv(which has cause me to lose my saves about 5 or 6 times, still not finished it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

steam is a lot more expensive than shops. for new games buy the game in the shop and take out the codes. steam is only cheap twice a year.

i think this may be on windows own fúcked up version of steam like gta iv(which has cause me to lose my saves about 5 or 6 times, still not finished it)

Games for windows live is pretty much gone I think, probably uses the rockstar club thing that you get on steam anyway. I'll take the 15 euros !

imitation wrote: »
    Games for windows live is pretty much gone I think, probably uses the rockstar club thing that you get on steam anyway. I'll take the 15 euros !
    i would to , it was just shockly bad though,
    huge problems, checked my email at the time and said i was under 18
    used a different email(not hotmail) so i had to link it to another hotmail, then i had to set up a xbox games link or something,
    lord it was a pain (this when i bought it on steam)

Yeah but who actually buys straight from steam for a new full priced game. G2A, Kinguin etc. all much cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

XBOX 0NE still loads in stock ,€329.99 with either Forza Horizon 2 or Halo Master Chief collection plus €13 off Xbox gold membership or extra controller.Very good value ,seriously tempted with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement