Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMBER LEAF

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Get Real wrote: »
    Holy crap, is it around 6 euro for rollies these days??

I remember buying a fresh pouch back in the day, lovely smell. Just four years ago I remember 12.5g of amber leaf being 3.65. I am shocked at 6 quid :eek:

Yep they have shot up in price the more popular they got.

• Site Banned Posts: 18 redhat1

amber leaf is popular because it is a very light and smooth virginia tobacco that does not make you cough (and therefore seems healthier). Samson , say , on the other hand is Canadian and very horse. the sudden increase in popularity might indicate a sudden upsurge in young people smoking rolling tobacco and choosing a light brand.

orange golden virginnia can often be bought for four euro btw : a lesser price intended to lure customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

25g pouch with blue rizla skins and a box of filters. Cant bate the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

hate amber leaf, although get stuck with the box from time to time, much prefer drum, gonna really try give up as soon as €5.80 for 12.5g pouch, makes me want to go back onto marlboros if I could afford them.

One thing I really hate is at the end of a pack you're left with crumbs to roll and it is hard because it gets everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Quarks

ghogie91 wrote: »
    25g pouch with blue rizla skins and a box of filters. Cant bate the price

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't smoke anymore, but IMO Amber Leaf is popular as you get everything you need in the box; tobacco, papers, and filters. Also space to put the lighter. Most of the lads that I know who smoke rollies seem to mainly go for the boxes for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

Just in case anyone is still reading this thread, I looking for the lightest tobacco available...

Currently using Amber Leaf Blond as I head it's light but to be honest I have not tried enough of the others to compare...
    Don't normally buy the box as it is often very dry or dries very quickly and tends to have a lot of dust probably due to compacting the tobacco to fit the little pouch...

So basically if any one can recommend a light (the lighter the better) moist tobacco I would appreciate it...
    Mike

Local newsagentbhas put the price of Amber Leaf box up to €6 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Return flight to Belgium for around 40 quid. 28g of camel for €3..

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Return flight to Belgium for around 40 quid. 28g of camel for €3..

What airline?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

GV green for me. Don't like the boxes as the tobacco is so compact. I buy the 25g pouch. It come with papers but there crap so straight in the bin with them. Rizla blue ftw!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Price is now €6.30 for 12.5g with filters and skins.

beertons wrote: »
    Price is now €6.30 for 12.5g with filters and skins.

I haven't done the math but I think it might be cheaper to buy the tobacco, papers and filters separately now. Think I bought a box of Swan filters with about 120 for about €1-1.50.

That will be grand in the shops. Machines won't sell filters and papers separately though.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy Amber Leaf from a machine :confused:

Bought a 10g pouch tonight for €4.80. Didn't know it came in 10g. Works out more expensive obvs but if you're rooting around the couch for spare change it's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Ageyev wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy Amber Leaf from a machine :confused:

Bought a 10g pouch tonight for €4.80. Didn't know it came in 10g. Works out more expensive obvs but if you're rooting around the couch for spare change it's an option.

My local, and quite a few other pubs ive been to have them in the fag machiene. Havn't seen 10gram packs around yet though!. 6.50 is what I paid yesterday for my regular box of Amberleaf. And to think, when i started i could get it all for 3.75 :(

Heard today that they're trying to restrict the sale of roll your own tobacco to 30 grams or more. Priced around 15 yoyos. At that rate, a lot of people might switch back to the normal cigs. There's no way a 30g box would dispense out of a vending machine.

beertons wrote: »
    Heard today that they're trying to restrict the sale of roll your own tobacco to 30 grams or more. Priced around 15 yoyos. At that rate, a lot of people might switch back to the normal cigs. There's no way a 30g box would dispense out of a vending machine.

Where's this coming from?

Dept of Health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stuyk

The cute hoars are now selling the 12½gram pouch of amberleaf without papers as a 10gram for the same price as the 12½. This is a total rip. There has to be somebody that contols them being able to change prices like that. I alwys buy the 12½gram pouch cause you get more tobacco for you money but now they've done a sly one and are charging the 12½ price for a 10gram pouch without papers just pouch. There has to be some wY of controlling these people changing prices and ripping off. It's rediculous.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Continuously raising the cost of tobacco in a effort to get people to stop using it has been government policy for decades. It's not going to get any better.

stuyk wrote: »
    The cute hoars are now selling the 12½gram pouch of amberleaf without papers as a 10gram for the same price as the 12½. This is a total rip. There has to be somebody that contols them being able to change prices like that. I alwys buy the 12½gram pouch cause you get more tobacco for you money but now they've done a sly one and are charging the 12½ price for a 10gram pouch without papers just pouch. There has to be some wY of controlling these people changing prices and ripping off. It's rediculous.

I'm a bit confused here. You ask for 12.5g pouch you ought to get 12.5g. You ask for 10g you ought to get 10g. Are you asking for a 12.5g pouch and being handed the 10g pouch?

I posted about the 10g pouch with how much I paid for it a few posts up. Afaik the 12.5g pouch never had papers - it was the 25g pouch that had papers. The box has a 12.5g pouch, papers and filters.

I think my local newsagent sells 12.5g pouch for €6.10. Bizarrely there is sometimes a difference of ten cents between the newsagents and the supermarket next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭edber2011

My partner went from superking black to amber leaf as a cost cutting thing,but now she is off cigarettes over six months.
    So I guess she found it easier to quit while on the amber than when on the black.

25g Amber pouch went up .50c in my local Supervalue, €12 now. Seemed a bit random :confused:

I think I now understand what styuk was trying to say: the box with filters and papers which had a 12.5g pouch now comes with a 10g pouch.

Advertisement