Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest HARMONIE charts suggest snow risk is confined to Wicklow Mountains tomorrow afternoon.

Villain wrote: »
    Latest HARMONIE charts suggest snow risk is confined to Wicklow Mountains tomorrow afternoon.

If even there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Field water about to come in around the house, not a good day ahead

• Site Banned Posts: 26 Privacy Notice

Can't see this amounting to anything. Storm in a teacup.

Field water about to come in around the house, not a good day ahead

Bone dry down here,even a bit of sun peeping
    Windy too
    Wasn't expecting that
    We had 4.5mm since midnight
    Mild too
    Currently 9.5c
    Hard to believe there might be a bit of wet sleety snow tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Bone dry down here,even a bit of sun peeping
    Windy too
    Wasn't expecting that
    We had 4.5mm since midnight
    Mild too
    Currently 9.5c
    Hard to believe there might be a bit of wet sleety snow tomorrow

Well for ye, i would take 2 hours of dry weather now, this winter has been the wettest here i can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

6z showing a 6-7 hour window for snow for the southeast. Can't imagine it will amount to much but interesting all the same.

54-574UK.gif

57-574UK.gif

60-574UK.gif

23 hrs ago ....

to this ....

"Latest HARMONIE charts suggest snow risk is confined to Wicklow Mountains tomorrow afternoon"

Do you ever get fed up of watching weather? Like, really, what is the attraction? Point?
    Its Ireland, we will just get wishy washy weather, nothing too cold, nothing too hot.. and rain...

Personally i think its a pointless exercise for 'novice' (for lack of a better word) weather watchers to be constantly posting weather reports from different sources, as they rarely ever agree on whats going to happen...

I just dont 'get' it .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fitzo123

There's been nearly 12mm of rain in Sligo Town since midnight. Quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

greenspurs wrote: »
    23 hrs ago ....

to this ....

"Latest HARMONIE charts suggest snow risk is confined to Wicklow Mountains tomorrow afternoon"

Do you ever get fed up of watching weather? Like, really, what is the attraction? Point?
    Its Ireland, we will just get wishy washy weather, nothing too cold, nothing too hot.. and rain...

Personally i think its a pointless exercise for 'novice' (for lack of a better word) weather watchers to be constantly posting weather reports from different sources, as they rarely ever agree on whats going to happen...

If I felt like you I too would search out an obscure thread on a forum for novice weather watchers on a relatively low key message board website. Its the logical thing for someone disinterested in novice weather watching to do to while away their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

23 hrs ago ....

to this ....

It’s a weather forum though. What does it matter to you?

Would you go on a football forum and ask what’s the point of kicking a ball in a net? It’s what people like to do. You’re perfectly free to stick to met eireann yourself.

I also note the irony of you complaining about “novice” weather forecasts in the sentence after you made a fairly novice statement about the weather yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Well for ye, i would take 2 hours of dry weather now, this winter has been the wettest here i can remember

What's your location?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Well, so far, pretty much a nonevent here rain wise. Nothing but below par drizzly light rain pretty much throughout. Plenty of puddles about but that is due to the complete lack of evaporation rather than the intensity of rain.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'll take the WRF for Wexford please

wrf1.png

wrf2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭xabi

23 hrs ago ....

to this ....

Silly comment, you could say the same in most forums on Boards, people are interested in a subject and like to talk about it, what's your issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Well, so far, pretty much a nonevent here rain wise. Nothing but below par drizzly light rain pretty much throughout. Plenty of puddles about but that is due to the complete lack of evaporation rather than the intensity of rain.

Almost 22mm since this "event" started. A very dark, but mild day.

With not even the prospect of snow to look forward to, it really makes me question my decision to live in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Some ones throwing their toys out of the pram lol

Back on topic
    The potentional for flooding remains a serious issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Some ones throwing their toys out of the pram lol

Back on topic
    The potentional for flooding remains a serious issue.

I have a friend who unfortunately lives directly in the firing line of the run off from Derrybrien(and the controversial windfarm), the fear of flooding is real for him, luckily the heaviest of the rain has stayed north of a line from Galway to Dublin.

Irish winter weather fans are like the supporters of a mid level league team who won the league in 2010, and the cup in 2018. Theres always hope, but expecting the best is the triumph of hope over experience. Every so often though, the stars align.

The winter hasn't been that wet here in Dublin anyway, about average according to Met Eireann and most of the most recent winters must have been above average. In fact Jan was dry here until last week. There have been a few nice frosty days, and some bright weather. The end of the week is looking good for that too.

here:

https://www.met.ie/climate/available-data/monthly-data

Actually it's 4.2mm in the last 24hrs
    1.4mm since midnight
    I was looking at the weather link app on my phone which confuses things as it headlines the to date 24hr figure
    Its started raining again now anyway
    Ground is already saturated here from previous wet days,seemingly relentless since early December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

The land is utterly saturated. Flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The yellow warning is for the flooding potential, not snow potential in case anyone is wondering...

https://www.met.ie/warnings/today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Wonder what snowline here is? Currently 4c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

The lawn here is very squelchy underfoot, generally a reasonable sign that the land in the locality is waterlogged. More heavy rain on top will almost certainly give rise to the usual spot flooding.

I'm in the eastern portion of the Limerick Metropolitan Area.

39mm rain in Newport Furnace since 6pm yesterday, living up to its wettest synoptic station status.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just over 30mm of rain since midnight in Castlebar and still bucketing it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A total of 9.3mm up to 9am in South Laois.

Mild with temperatures hovering around 10°C.

Overcast with patchy drizzle.

Tomorrow should be interesting here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

1127DF58-805D-4B9A-9F26-4D0B95D61D23.jpeg.5b88bc200a1158d0287d2b0dcb528d12.jpeg

Jammy Feckers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Scotland around highlands is the only part of these islands that get semi decent snow with any type of regularity.
    1127DF58-805D-4B9A-9F26-4D0B95D61D23.jpeg.5b88bc200a1158d0287d2b0dcb528d12.jpeg

Jammy Feckers :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement