Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cross Pens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd be very skeptical tbh
    I've popped them an e-mail to see, I haven't cancelled (3 orders!)
    One large one may well get hit, but two small may make it through.
    But if I get customs charges I'll likely refuse it if it's expensive, although I had a few gifts so I'll wait and see.

My worry would be refusing it and it not getting back to cross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

How do you stack coupons?
    I only seem to be able to apply one at a time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I have an unhealthy obsession (fetish I suppose) with nice and fancy pens. Anyway, got an email this morning from Cross, that they have an additional 55% of some of their already reduced OUTLET stock. Just use coupon NEWYEAR.

Some odd looking pens in there but a few nice plain ones too. Been out of work for 5 months and starting a new job on Monday so I treated myself to a new pen for €25 inc shipping.

https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/

Mr Edge, thanks for sharing this...

I've also explored many interesting Pen's over the last year.

Some of my favourites have been:

Platinum #3776 Ultra Fine
    TWBSI Eco Extra Fine
    Ohto Tasche Compact
    Pilot Elite

In general, Japanese Pens are made by craftsmen, whereas my experience of European Pens (especially Waterman) has been a mixed bag.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

My worry would be refusing it and it not getting back to cross

Yeah, that's a bit of a concern.
    I've asked for clarification in writing from them, will see how that works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

turbot wrote: »
    Mr Edge, thanks for sharing this...

I've also explored many interesting Pen's over the last year.

Some of my favourites have been:

Platinum #3776 Ultra Fine
    TWBSI Eco Extra Fine
    Ohto Tasche Compact
    Pilot Elite

In general, Japanese Pens are made by craftsmen, whereas my experience of European Pens (especially Waterman) has been a mixed bag.

Haven't heard of any of those but I've recently bought a Rocketbook notebook so can't use my regular ball points on that. It's cool for saving notes. It uses a Pilot Frixion pen, they're nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Just noticed that Cross appears on my AIB Visa Real Rewards list at the moment, 5% cashback can't believe might even get it cheaper now!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Checked my avant card and it shows location Ireland for the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Just noticed that Cross appears on my AIB Visa Real Rewards list at the moment, 5% cashback can't believe might even get it cheaper now!

Seems like I got the worst deal, ordering first! Fingers crossed everyone's orders come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Anybody exactly have their order shipped yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

KinsellaJ wrote: »
    Anybody exactly have their order shipped yet?

My order appeared as a pending transaction on my online banking but when I checked today it's no longer there, no idea if it has been cancelled or not, I got the initial email that confirmed the order received.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I got a shipping notice this morning, via DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

whiterebel wrote: »
    I got a shipping notice this morning, via DHL.

You're our guinea pig so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

DHL are suspending all deliveries till next Wed so it looks like these will be delayed even further

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1188437/?__twitter_impression=true

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bungaro79 wrote: »
    DHL are suspending all deliveries till next Wed so it looks like these will be delayed even further

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1188437/?__twitter_impression=true

That’s DPD, not DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

My bad, you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

My order appeared as a pending transaction on my online banking but when I checked today it's no longer there, no idea if it has been cancelled or not, I got the initial email that confirmed the order received.

Just checked my bank and the same thing- it has disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Davd

Just so people don't miss out on the full value:

55% off with NEWYEAR
    a further 15% off when you sign up to the newsletter
    And a further 20% off with Xexec20

If you do all that, it's 71.2% off already discounted items. Thanks OP and everyone in between.

Excuse my ignorance but how do you stack the discounts? When i add another code to the box, it replaces the previous code entered. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Davd wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but how do you stack the discounts? When i add another code to the box, it replaces the previous code entered. Thanks.

they appear to have locked down the use of multiple discount codes. It only accepts just the one now. Probably due to widespread abuse by unwholesome types such as reside on boards.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

clevtrev wrote: »
    they appear to have locked down the use of multiple discount codes. It only accepts just the one now. Probably due to widespread abuse by unwholesome types such as reside on boards.ie

I wonder if that's why money is going back. Orders using multiple codes being cancelled...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I wonder if that's why money is going back. Orders using multiple codes being cancelled...

an old cancellation email would be appreciated if that was the case

• Advertisement
    M

I only used the initial NEWYEAR code on its own, I've checked my order status but nothing showing when I enter my details the page just reloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

I only used the initial NEWYEAR code on its own, I've checked my order status but nothing showing when I enter my details the page just reloads.

I did the same, actually set up and account as well so could keep an eye on the order but when I actually got to view order details I get this, so not sure what the hell is going on:

Order #: MB021053
    Items Ordered
    Items Ordered
    Product Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal

Trankton wrote: »
    I did the same, actually set up and account as well so could keep an eye on the order but when I actually got to view order details I get this, so not sure what the hell is going on:

Items Ordered
    Items Ordered

ffs

I'll log into mine and see as well

mine still marked as processing

M

Items Ordered
    Items Ordered

Really odd, I wouldn't mind if it was some unique code they gave to certain groups of people but the NEWYEAR code was actually also on the homepage when you went on to the site.

"Fraud", is not really a very customer friendly term they are using, accusing you of something bad.

Really odd, I wouldn't mind if it was some unique code they gave to certain groups of people but the NEWYEAR code was actually also on the homepage when you went on to the site.

"Fraud", is not really a very customer friendly term they are using, accusing you of something bad.

The system allowed stacking of codes. Hardly fraudulent for a consumer to then do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Ah sh*ite....sound like they will flag all orders that used multiple discount codes as fraud and we're rumbled. Or has anyone got shipment notification yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Still no payment taking from my Revolut card. Order placed on the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

Ah sh*ite....sound like they will flag all orders that used multiple discount codes as fraud and we're rumbled. Or has anyone got shipment notification yet ?

I didn't stack codes though, only used the NEWYEAR code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I didn't stack codes though, only used the NEWYEAR code.

Scrap that theory so...

Advertisement