Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Son suffered brain trauma

• 16-08-2020 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi everyone , I need some advice my son was in a bad accident 11 weeks ago i am due to go back to work in school in September. Obviously I'm not going back as I will be caring for my son . Has anyone been down this road I can claim carers benefit but its not a whole lot to live on . Or I could go out sick myself any advice woukd be great thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your son's accident. I hope he is doing well. My son has additional needs, I decided to take the next school year out as I found last year a struggle with child care, sickness' and appointments. I am starting carers leave next week, I hope to do one day or so per week subbing to supplement my income( you can earn up to 330 or so on top of the carers benefit). Not sure if this would be something you could manage with childcare? The 220 is dismal on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

Not sure if your son will have long term issues but look into the domiciliary care allowance and the incapacitated child tax credit.

Advertisement