Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

FG are rattled, have a go at SF when things are going bad in full force

Stupid thing for Leo to say IMO, but where is the notion that FG are rattled coming from? I saw one of the other SF fans saying similar.

Latest poll had 1% behind SF, the largest party, despite the calamitous start to the government. Hardly a bad situation for them.

I think it is important for FG to highlight the nonsense from other parties, but tweets like this are not the best method to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

christy c wrote: »
    Stupid thing for Leo to say IMO, but where is the notion that FG are rattled coming from? I saw one of the other SF fans saying similar.

Latest poll had 1% behind SF, the largest party, despite the calamitous start to the government. Hardly a bad situation for them.

I think it is important for FG to highlight the nonsense from other parties, but tweets like this are not the best method to do that.

This is nonsense and a far right wolf whistle. It's a MAGA type tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »

Many predicted FG might experience some kind of identity crisis, should they go into coalition with FF.

Leo is just raising his head above the parapet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    Many predicted FG might experience some kind of identity crisis, should they go into coalition with FF.

Leo is just raising his head above the parapet.

what was he thinking? Does he think at all? He's the wit of a child. His self penned quips are bratty.

Bowie wrote: »
    what was he thinking? Does ge think at all? He's the wit of a child. His self penned quips are bratty.

He's on his holliers, tweeting late in the evening...

He wouldn't have been partaking of the devil's buttermilk Bowie?

I've seen it go on around here too.

• Advertisement

I understand that you don't like the tweet, but how does this point to them being rattled?

christy c wrote: »
    I understand that you don't like the tweet, but how does this point to them being rattled?

I never said he was rattled I said it's a far right wolf whistle and identity politics. It's been picked up as such now in international publications.

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1293843068941217793?s=19

I never said he was rattled I said it's a far right wolf whistle and identity politics. It's been picked up as such now in international publications.

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1293843068941217793?s=19

Well my post was asking that question, you might have been better off not quoting me if making a seperate point.

He's support anyway from right wing loons. Fair mission accomplished lol.

https://twitter.com/Taiwo_Oifigiuil/status/1293871965950836737?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The twitter machine and the wireless commentators ain't happy this morning.

Lot of anger out there today.

Some dudes better stay away for a while....

With all due respects, when are the Twitter crowd and their ilk, ever happy?

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »

Ask Leo sure he's always on it as are the rest of Fine Gael. They love twitter games while the country struggles.

Ask Leo sure he's always on it as are the rest of Fine Gael. They love twitter games while the country struggles.

You didn't answer the question.

The irony of this post will be lost on you no doubt.

We get a lot of FG lads citing twitter and claiming it's a cesspool and the like as if we don't have FG folk posting on it all the time.

They also knock Facebook. Basically anywhere the public get to have a voice must be dismissed. I'd say they miss the days of the biased newspapers and nothing else. They, (government) can't tap the phones of, threaten or follow home every social media user like was done to Journalists for decades.

No irony at all.

You are always at great pains to tell us the mood of the nation via the twitter crowd anytime a FG TD does something you do not like.

In reality, most people dont give a flying ****.

No irony at all.

You are always at great pains to tell us the mood of the nation via the twitter crowd anytime a FG TD does something you do not like.

FG leader and serial angry man takes to twitter to vent his spleen and stir up a bit of identity politics.

FG commentators say "Twitter crowd and their ilk (*waves at leo*), are never happy".

David Walliams and Matt Lucas couldn't write that script.

FG leader and serial angry man takes to twitter to vent his spleen and stir up a bit of identity politics.

FG commentators say "Twitter crowd and their ilk (*waves at leo*), are never happy".

David Walliams and Matt Lucas couldn't write that script.

Ah, the typical goal post moving move, which is par of the course.

Leo, is Tainaiste and a public representative, thus will use Twitter as one means of communication.
    Other nobodies who get outraged at every opportunity are just angry basement dwellers living in their moms house. Hence my Twitterati comment.

By the where, how is the hunt for the video tape going?

No irony at all.

Ah, the nobody cares defense. Nice.
    It's only a social media thing sure...

As pointed out earlier, it was a tweet comparable to anything Trump might post in the wee hours. Maybe Leo is eyeing a job on Fox news?

Leo, is Tainaiste and a public representative, thus will use Twitter as one means of communication.
    Other nobodies who get outraged at every opportunity are just angry basement dwellers living in their moms house. Hence my Twitterati comment.

When Leo uses it it's a means of communication.
    When the public use it it's 'nobodies who get outraged at every opportunity are just angry basement dwellers living in their moms house'.

While I disagree, the quality of Leo's tweet really makes ****e of your argument.

What goalposts are being moved?

I said then irony on your post would be lost on you, can you elaborate please?

Are you back to inventing a point or argument no-one made?

Brilliant. When you run out of argument, throw up something completely unrelated. You're the gift that keeps on giving.:D

• Advertisement

What goalposts are being moved?

I said then irony on your post would be lost on you, can you elaborate please?

Are you back to inventing a point or argument no-one made?

Brilliant. When you run out of argument, throw up something completely unrelated. You're the gift that keeps on giving.:D

There must be some meeting going on in the Strategic Communications Unit right now.

They left Marko here like FF left Michael Martin after the crash.

Bowie wrote: »
    There must be some meeting going on in the Strategic Communications Unit right now.

They left Marko here like FF left Michael Martin after the crash.

This is the second time in less than a week he's tried to pull the "goalposts shifted" line, and fell flat on his face on both occasions.

He should get in touch with Josepha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Varadkar doing a good job in getting people who would never ever vote for FG to push people who are undecided into voting for FG.

Varadkar doing a good job in getting people who would never ever vote for FG to push people who are undecided into voting for FG.

More further embarrassing genuine people who support FG, (before you ask, 'genuine people' are folk who like FG policies and vote for them, but might go elsewhere if FG doesn't suit their views any longer).

He could leave FG for not being Fine Gaely enough and form his own Tea Party. MIGA etc. Quality.

Oh?

*Checks 2020 election results*

Hmmmm. Poorly researched and thought out post John. Second worst election for FG ever.

He's like Sideshow Bob forever standing on garden rakes. I hope he keeps doing what he's doing.
    Why was he recently saying that the civil service was too white in Ireland and now coming out with this wolf whistling, saviour of the white middle class stuff? It's a genuinely bizarre turn of events.

He's like Sideshow Bob forever standing on garden rakes. I hope he keeps doing what he's doing.
    Why was he recently saying that the civil service was too white in Ireland and now coming out with this wolf whistling, saviour of the white middle class stuff? It's a genuinely bizarre turn of events.

It can't even be put down to a spur of the moment brain fart either smurge, it was a carefully planned tweet.

Look at the timeline, he tweeted that a full TEN DAYS, after Ward/Boylans interaction, meaning he had ten days to dwell on it.

And then he tweets this today.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293843949690462208?s=19

Just to try and balance out last night's disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It can't even be put down to a spur of the moment brain fart either smurge, it was a carefully planned tweet.

Look at the timeline, he tweeted that a full TEN DAYS, after Ward/Boylans interaction, meaning he had ten days to dwell on it.

And then he tweets this today.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293843949690462208?s=19

Just to try and balance out last night's disaster.

What do you mean, dude? How’s he ‘balancing’ it out?

It's eye-opening that the journal,Irish times and indo all ignored the tweet. After the endless gushing articles and posts by their journalists of FG ministers of late I suppose it was depressingly predicable.

• Advertisement

What do you mean, dude? How’s he ‘balancing’ it out?

It's not really hard to work out John.

Week 1, there's too many white folk in the civil service.

Week 2, Sinn Fein don't want white, middle class - males votes. (There is a less than subtle insinuation there)

About 12hrs later........

Tweets a lovely photo with best wishes to young Irish black females. (Yet to determine if they're upper/middle or working class mind you)

I thought Enda had a great nack of making complete arsery of things. Leo's in a different league.

Advertisement