Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaking along the river Lee: from Gougane Barra to Cork

• 23-06-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, my name is Tomas and I'm new to this forum. I want to do this expedition from Gougane Barra to Cork next year, and I'm currently in the research phase. I would like to contact experienced kayakers to gather information on permit requirements, mandatory safety gear, camping possibilities, etc.

My main concern is the legal aspect of kayaking a river and camping in Ireland, about which I am totally ignorant. Is it ok to contact Garda to inquire about this, or there's a specific government entity/department I could call?

My second concern is obstacles along the way (e.g. Inniscarra Hydro Station, white waters, etc), so if anyone has experience with this specific route, I'd like to hear about that.

For context, I am a touring kayaker with experience in my country, but in Ireland it would be my first tour. I would not do this alone, but with a group of friends. We don't plan to angle along the way, and we don't plan to do anything that's not legal.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement