Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder Woman 1984

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Trailer out tomorrow BUT I NEED IT NOW!

https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/1203373609416155136

That's definitley
    Steve Trevor helping her out in the White House corridor!

Brazil Comic Con Trailer
    Just a trash can! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Set in the Starcourt Mall, with Robin and Steve?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn the soundtrack will be epic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think Stranger Things have cornered the affectionate riff on the 80s, while this - or at least the trailer - looks a tad too winking at the naffness of it all.

Otherwise, will be an interesting one, being as it is the latest of what is presumably now the dead DCEU.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

steve how

steve how

guessing probably
    Hades
    using some from of the same tech that brought Supes back

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Wow that is a fun trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Slydice wrote: »
    guessing probably
    Hades
    using some from of the same tech that brought Supes back

Is not a wish fulfilment thing in the movie? The guy in the tv mentions having what you want.
    Kristen Wiig goes from being a geeky looking person to less so during the course of the trailer too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

June 2020. Ah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pixelburp wrote: »
    I think Stranger Things have cornered the affectionate riff on the 80s, while this - or at least the trailer - looks a tad too winking at the naffness of it all.

Otherwise, will be an interesting one, being as it is the latest of what is presumably now the dead DCEU.

Are you as perpetually cynical in real life as you are on here? :pac:

The DCEU is dead and this film is being made simply because there is a demand for it. No more, no less.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Are you as perpetually cynical in real life as you are on here? :pac:

The DCEU is dead and this film is being made simply because there is a demand for it. No more, no less.

Uhm, OK? What's cynical exactly anyway? Nothing official has been said about the DCEU's status AFAIK, so it's curious to see elements of it continue on, independently of that failed experiment. Yes, OBVIOUSLY it's because WW was a smash hit, like ... d'uh? I find it interesting to see Diana march on on her own... how very cynical? 🤷

But if Matt Reeves Batman is a success you can be damn sure they'll find some way to eventually knit Aquaman / WW back into another attempt at a shared universe. Plus, technically the Flash movie exists somewhere in production limbo, while as far as he knows, Henry Cavill is still Superman. The DCEU ain't that dead, just resting its eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The music lifts the trailer to a different level, what a cool version of the song , Ill happily take that as an ear worm. As for Gal Gadot, not sure if she is the best actress in the world but she is someone you want to see more of on the screen. Apparently the trailer confirms some plot leaks that were floating around that there seemed to be some dissatisfaction about, not sure its possible to have an absurd plot in a Super hero movie so not seeing the issue

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Bringing back Steve reminds me of Kingsman 2, where the plot was overloaded with justification for it. Hopefully not the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Loved the trailer, Pedro Pascal is a great actor to play the bad guy loved him in the kingsmen and great Wall.

Bringing back Steve has me super curious.

Doubt they'll make as much of Bringing back Steve as they did with Bringing back Superman.

Looks like they'll do the ole reverse-the-gag thing on him being introduced to the new world like Diana was in the first film.

but yeah wish fulfillment..
    it does look like it'll be her wish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The Blue Monday remix was the best thing about that trailer. Would love if they published that on Spotify or wherever. I think Steve Trevor might be an illusion created by Max Lord. He has telepathic abilities in the comics and the theme of the film seems to be him giving people "what they want most".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Be careful on the interwebs there is a complete synopsis of this going around that spoils pretty much the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Stark wrote: »
    The Blue Monday remix was the best thing about that trailer. Would love if they published that on Spotify or wherever. I think Steve Trevor might be an illusion created by Max Lord. He has telepathic abilities in the comics and the theme of the film seems to be him giving people "what they want most".

Very good point about the music, one of the big things with marvel is how the soundtrack links so well. This is probably first DC trailer I think has done it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Atomic Blonde did Blue Monday better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

Atomic Blonde did Blue Monday better :pac:

That's all it did well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

I follow the baltic house orchestra on spotify, they tend to put out music from trailers/ movies

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Most likely another hit for WW by doing a marvel. Seems like a bit of strange things vibe (obvious reasons) and I’m guessing a bit of a Thor Ragnorak feel (Kristin Wiig the comedic relief, an alternative Goldblun).

Hopefully they don’t make too much out of the love interest and it might be a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The Blue Monday remix was the best thing about that trailer.Would love if they published that on Spotify or wherever.

Google and Reddit to the rescue

Tazzimus wrote: »

Ah! That's where they got the epic bit for the teaser clip before they released the trailer. Worked so much better with the whip/lightening scene than the trailer did!
    Slydice wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

what is funny is around 2:28 it almost has a generic super hero music vibe to it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Tazzimus wrote: »

This is epic background music! Some of the bits in it feel like there should be a horse riding scene. I've not seen a lot of trailer music used in films but if this is, then an Amazon horse charge would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I didn't get a I must see vibe from that trailer.

Advertisement