Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New name for business! Help!!!

• 14-06-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Looking for a name for my new business on Facebook. I'm going to be selling personalised frames, sweet trees, sweet cones, chocolate bar bouquets and a few other sweet bits. I'm really stuck on a name. Any suggestions please? Not sure if I have the post in the right section....

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Going to pop this into Entrepreneurial & Business Management where you might get some ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

"I'm sweet on you"

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Sweet Treats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭Jamesgrace

Sweet Swoo

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Sweet Dreams (.ie is available)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Buttercake wrote: »
    Sweet Dreams (.ie is available)

"Sweet dreams are made of these"? but there might be copyright issues

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Skatedude wrote: »
    "Sweet dreams are made of these"? but there might be copyright issues

no just Sweet Dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Sweet Appeal
    Sweetify

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Sugar Rush

Sweet Teeth

Sugar Hits

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

What about "Sweet Taste Craze" or "Sugar Lovers"? I also like "Alpha Sweet".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

notobtuse wrote: »
    Sweet Appeal
    Sweetify

I like Sweetify

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

A sweat a day keeps the dentist in Pay?

sweatnothings
    The Sweatest thing
    Sweetarosity

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Sweet Nothings?

There's no copyright in titles of songs/books (in the UK that is, the only jurisdiction I know about).

But to avoid legal squabbles, just make sure there are no existing businesses of the same name doing similar stuff, that a 'reasonable person' could confuse yours with. (Being based in a different country might be enough - I don't know).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks, I think it's safe to say if they haven't come up with a name after 2 years then they are in trouble - it helps to look at the date of threads you are responding to.

Plus the OP hasnt been on boards since 2017.

So I'm locking this one up to avoid more needless posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement