Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 JimmyJazz

Hi Tomas,

Same as yer self lookin for a game in Cork. Any luck?

JJ

Hi Folks,

Tomas is the name and im looking for a soccer game in Cork City (5 a side, 11 a side, whatever). im 26 and from Galway but living in Cork now. id love to play so PM me or email me tomaschonnie@usa.com

Thanks,

T

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

JimmyJazz wrote: »
    Hi Tomas,

Same as yer self lookin for a game in Cork. Any luck?

JJ

Got a reply about a possible game, nothing has come of it yet but im hopeful as the fella seemed sound :) ill keep ya posted

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi Guys.
    Just want to renew our search for a goalkeeper start of season getting mighty close.We do have a keeper at the moment but will miss games during season due to work/family commitments.We play div 2a sat aul.Anyone interested PM me or check out our website www.phoenixroversfc.com. for further info.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 god like genius

..Hey there

our name is HBFC Ath Cliath, we are a celtic supporters team based in wesley college, Balinteer and we are looking for new players for the coming season.

we play in the UCFL div 3B..

if anyone is intrested pm and i'll pass on more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Our manager is a big Celtic fan, he'll be along shortly :D:D

• Advertisement

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Our manager is a big Celtic fan, he'll be along shortly :D:D

as in the team from here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in before the lock...

that area suits me as im only a few mins up the road. we are playing there tomorrow night infact. however, not sure if id like the whole concept of playing for a team that supports celtic :( . i mean, is the whole team celtic supporters? best bet not to mention that maybe, not everybody like celtic you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Relocate to Scotland then so. Gob****es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Careful now!

in before the lock...

that area suits me as im only a few mins up the road. we are playing there tomorrow night infact. however, not sure if id like the whole concept of playing for a team that supports celtic :( . i mean, is the whole team celtic supporters? best bet not to mention that maybe, not everybody like celtic you know!

em, the whole team aint, but a good few are, basically we were formed from a celtic forum..we dont go braggin on and we're not thugs, just a group of lads lookin to play ball...we wlcome all players..some of the lads even support leeds:)...and have no care for scottish football at all..

i run the team and dont accept any abuse cept for performances:)
    LeixlipRed wrote: »

why???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Less of it.

Thread Starter, we have a sticky thread for this type of thing, into which I've moved the posts.

If ANYONE else has a go, or mentions the Celtic thing, there will be trouble.

ffs lads, all these people are trying to do is get a few bodies for a team together.

We, of all people, know how hard that is.

One big football family. OK.

whats the standard like? im not from dublin so dont keep up to date with the divisions. what i am after is something local which this is and be of a reasonable standard, semi serious, but a bit of a laugh also. i just want to get back playing grass 11 a side again after a year out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

reasonable standard, semi serious, but a bit of a laugh also.
    Sorry Ed, such a thing does not exist. You're either serious, or your 'avin a laff, the 2 are mutually exclusive...

Savman wrote: »
    Sorry Ed, such a thing does not exist. You're either serious, or your 'avin a laff, the 2 are mutually exclusive...

it can exist, you an enjoy your game, but take it serious while doing it. is this the standard your team are in (UCFL div 3B), or are ye higher/lower? i honestly dont understand what way it works up ere.

it can exist, you an enjoy your game, but take it serious while doing it.
    So, pray tell, which is Boardeaux???
    is this the standard your team are in (UCFL div 3B), or are ye higher/lower? i honestly dont understand what way it works up ere.
    Hmm, I don't think the UCFL would be widely considered to be all that competitive in the grand scheme of things but don't hold me to that...I'm sure all leagues will have their share of decent players. What separates the different leagues is their level of organisation with regard to pitches, referees etc etc.

i think boardeaux is exactly that, we take it very serious albeit we dont train :(, but we try to enjoy it as much as we can and do our best to win every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

UCFL Saturday Soccer team based around the Raheny area looking for a new manager. One of the top divisions. Play in St. Anne's Park. Excellent Group of players and training facilities and a well-run club. Training Tuesday and Thursday nights. PM if interested. Would probably suit young ambitious manager starting off. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Has the training started?

I wouldn't mind coming down for a look tbh.

Are you looking for someone with coaching badges or just any interested party?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

We would obviously prefer someone with coaching badges but it is not neccessary, ocne they have done coaching B4 or know how to coach. We need someone who knows the game and tactics. Someone who the lads like but know not to mess with either. New players also welcome.. Anyone interested PM me...

• Advertisement

PRman wrote: »
    We would obviously prefer someone with coaching badges but it is not neccessary, ocne they have done coaching B4 or know how to coach. We need someone who knows the game and tactics. Someone who the lads like but know not to mess with either. New players also welcome.. Anyone interested PM me...

Don't think I'd have enough experience tbh. Doing the basic FAI badges in Sept and only really ever coached kids. Maybe next year if you're still searching :P

Don't think I'd have enough experience tbh.
    UCFL
    I'd say your over qualified :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Phoenix rovers fc who are based in ballymun are in the process of setting up a second team to play sunday division 3 aul along with our existing saturday side.NEW PLAYERS WELCOME.Check out our website www.phoenixroversfc.com for further details and contact numbers.We train in poppintree park on tuesdays and westwood gym on thursdays.Come on give it a go i think you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

Hey guys. I'm an out of shape 24 year old looking for a team on the Northside. I play American Football as well and I want to get some fitness, but I train Sundays so Saturday teams if possible.

I'm looking for a medium strength team with good players who play competitive football and will give me a challenge, but one that I might get a game in every so often!

Any ideas? Thanks!

points the person with the weird username towards post above - have a look at phoenix rovers ^^^^.

seriously man, that username for a male is disturbing!!!

Unless he's sexy. Then he's just telling the truth.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 >JOKER<

Hello friends!!
    Can You help me with a little informations?
    I'm from Romania, I'm 21 years old, I played 4 years footbal in my country at a Semipro team (3th league).
    The idea is that I want to find a team (in Dublin) that would need players, in fact me:)
    Possibly I can give a sample game, a proof of my skills.
    Anyway, if someone can help me, then I expect information on e-mail:sanchi_mafy@yahoo.com or yahoo messenger: sanchi_mafy.
    Thank you very much!

>JOKER< wrote: »
    Hello friends!!
    Can You help me with a little informations?
    I'm from Romania, I'm 21 years old, I played 4 years footbal in my country at a Semipro team (3th league).
    The idea is that I want to find a team (in Dublin) that would need players, in fact me:)
    Possibly I can give a sample game, a proof of my skills.
    Anyway, if someone can help me, then I expect information on e-mail:sanchi_mafy@yahoo.com or yahoo messenger: sanchi_mafy.
    Thank you very much!

what position you play? how about playing astro (week nights league) with us? pm des, our manager to see what the story is as regards turning up over the next few weeks as our season is just ending and a new one beginning soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 >JOKER<

what position you play? how about playing astro (week nights league) with us? pm des, our manager to see what the story is as regards turning up over the next few weeks as our season is just ending and a new one beginning soon.
    My position is middlefield or forward. I play anywere, is not a problem for me the position. I'm very interested about your offer. If you wanna talk much more details with me then you have up there my yahoo messenger ID. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 riproar

Hiya joker just out of interest where are you situated at the moment

Advertisement