Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aisbash

Sesh0nm0m wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your comment. Between the pandemic and being stuck with my family and away from my friends and now not having a future because of arbitrary grades it actually has me suicidal but I'm glad that I'm such a burden maybe I should just go ahead with it thank you. I won't ever post here again.

Know that you are not alone in this. I think I can speak for most people here in saying that we are all really fed up and desperate for these exams to be finished. My sister did these years back and I remember how hard she found them and the stress in the house. She’s qualified now and laughs when she thinks back to her time doing the FE1s. We’ll get there in the end ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Sesh0nm0m wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your comment. Between the pandemic and being stuck with my family and away from my friends and now not having a future because of arbitrary grades it actually has me suicidal but I'm glad that I'm such a burden maybe I should just go ahead with it thank you. I won't ever post here again.

Dont stop posting... please keep posting x

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Law101 wrote: »
    Hey yeah same here ! I’ve loads to get through too, the inbox full. but I will and I’ll sort you out between Thursday and Friday :-)

Yep, me too, by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I can agree about pausing the constant posting about the Law Society. While there are a lot of things that are unacceptable and need changing, such as a clear marking scheme being provided to us, but this is going in circles.

This thread has been clogged up enough as it is and I'm sorry to say but if you got 20-something in these exams but apparently wrote stellar answers, they cannot both be true. If you failed by that much then you are way off the mark in what they expect in a law answer and just because you passed one exam does not mean the same standard is expected for all FE1 exams. If you failed by that much a recheck is a waste of money, and you won't be given a pass by bombarding the Law Society or this forum. If you got 20-something, and really want to pass it, then you'll just have to study harder for it and better refine your answers to what they are looking for. Chin up, times are hard but pressure makes diamonds so keep working hard and what you want will come to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Sesh0nm0m I didn't direct that last comment at you. I would advise you take a break from this forum because you have, at multiple occasions, taken out your anger at other users who are trying to help. Now you are privately messaging me calling me "an absolute weapon" amongst other things in a very angry message.

I understand you're upset you've failed your exam, but directing it at everyone else is not right. Take a break from this forum, and gather your emotions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Fe7 wrote: »
    Yeah send on your email (and anyone else reading this who wants)

Umm why has Fe7 been banned? Was hoping to email them for the materials...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Have the mods cucked Fe7 for sending the paid Conference materials on the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

DavidX90 wrote: »
    Any sign of the results of that survey yet or am I going to need to hand over my sort code and account number to get them?
    Lallers96 wrote: »
    Look back a few posts he said Thursday or Friday, he hasn't finished compiling them yet

As Laller's said but if you want to send on the price of a drink I won't stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

TCPIP wrote: »
    As Laller's said but if you want to send on the price of a drink I won't stop you.

When you share it, you should add one of those "Donate" buttons like they have on Wikipedia :pac:

Are you going to convert the data into a spreadsheet or chart or something? Just interested to know. It's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bjsm

Anyone have FE1 Equity sample answers they would love to sell to me? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bjsm

Anyone have FE1 Equity sample answers to sell? TIA

Mod
    Pls do not trade thru this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

DavidX90 wrote: »
    When you share it, you should add one of those "Donate" buttons like they have on Wikipedia :pac:

Are you going to convert the data into a spreadsheet or chart or something? Just interested to know. It's a great idea.

Maybe I will but that might delay it a tad while I implement it. I'm basically working on an R program that will do all the math for regression analysis. The biggest issue so far is getting an accurate data set though because the various subjects all have different response rates so it's almost impossible to compare them like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Murphs122

To those who sent me requests for the notes I'll send them Thursday morning. There are more of your messages than I was expecting so just posting a general reply here.

I can’t pm you but would love if you would send me a pm. Looking for the equity notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

Bjsm wrote: »
    Anyone have FE1 Equity sample answers to sell? TIA

I would love these also please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

Hi everyone,

Would really appreciate advice on bringing in legislation into the Company Law exam. I'm doing a prep course and the lecturer says it's not worth buying the Companies Act as it's so expensive but it seems to be like that's leaving a lot to learn off. Do you feel like it's essential to have it with you or can you do without?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

54321zz wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Would really appreciate advice on bringing in legislation into the Company Law exam. I'm doing a prep course and the lecturer says it's not worth buying the Companies Act as it's so expensive but it seems to be like that's leaving a lot to learn off. Do you feel like it's essential to have it with you or can you do without?

Thanks!

I could say its essential and there's no way I would have passed without it. You can sell it on then after. I will say for November sitting people were allowed to print the legislation but who's to say the same will happen in march

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BBall2015

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I highly recommend it!! It is a lot of money, but it's something you'll use throughout Blackhall and as you practice. I got it for the Company exam and thought it was brilliant, I had highlighted the important sections, tabbed it for ease, I wouldn't have gotten the mark I did without it. Especially if you're scraping a 5th question, having the Act on front of you, copying and pasting the section will get you at least a few marks and waffle on from there. Invaluable. I sat Company in Oct 2019 in the Red Cow and in there room I was in, every single person had the Companies Act with them. I noticed this specifically because I was unsure of whether I'd need it too and then decided to buy it 2 days before the exam. Definitely get it would be my advice!

phildub wrote: »
    I could say its essential and there's no way I would have passed without it. You can sell it on then after. I will say for November sitting people were allowed to print the legislation but who's to say the same will happen in march

Great thanks, didn't even think of printing it!

BBall2015 wrote: »
    I highly recommend it!! It is a lot of money, but it's something you'll use throughout Blackhall and as you practice. I got it for the Company exam and thought it was brilliant, I had highlighted the important sections, tabbed it for ease, I wouldn't have gotten the mark I did without it. Especially if you're scraping a 5th question, having the Act on front of you, copying and pasting the section will get you at least a few marks and waffle on from there. Invaluable. I sat Company in Oct 2019 in the Red Cow and in there room I was in, every single person had the Companies Act with them. I noticed this specifically because I was unsure of whether I'd need it too and then decided to buy it 2 days before the exam. Definitely get it would be my advice!

Oh fab, didn't think it would ever be used again. Thanks a mill, that's good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JPEGJULY

Yeah send on your email (and anyone else reading this who wants)

Would really appreciate this too if they are unbanned soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Twinings2016

Hi all,

Just emailed the Law Soc there re. if printed legislation is allowed (I really don't want to buy the CA14!).

They said 'more information will be provided closer the exams'. I responded urging them to let us know asap, as we need to buy it, get it delivered, get familiar with it, tab etc etc. So will keep ppl posted about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Hi all,

Just emailed the Law Soc there re. if printed legislation is allowed (I really don't want to buy the CA14!).

They said 'more information will be provided closer the exams'. I responded urging them to let us know asap, as we need to buy it, get it delivered, get familiar with it, tab etc etc. So will keep ppl posted about that.

Tbh I’d buy it sooner rather than later because the only reason they let people print it last time was because the OPW closed and weren’t sending out legislation

Anyone know the best place to get the constitution? easons is sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Anyone know the best place to get the constitution? easons is sold out

I bought mine from the OPW when I was buying my legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Hi all,

It's not the end of the world if you have to buy it, I bought mine new from Amazon for €80 and was able to sell it on after my exams for €70. If you buy a secondhand copy from the get to you should be able to break even pretty easy.

I wouldn't bet on you getting an answer from the Law Society any time soon unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi everyone, i recently saw that the exams have been postponed so i am thinking of adding another one to the three i planned to sit. i originally planned to sit criminal, property and constitutional and i am thinking of adding EU. i would really appreciate any advice/opinions on this - especially if EU is a hard exam/I should just wait it off til end of the year
    I'm trying to get these exams over quick :'(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i recently saw that the exams have been postponed so i am thinking of adding another one to the three i planned to sit. i originally planned to sit criminal, property and constitutional and i am thinking of adding EU. i would really appreciate any advice/opinions on this - especially if EU is a hard exam/I should just wait it off til end of the year

Thanks

If you’re not working then I’d consider adding EU it is quite predictable and has a high pass rate

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

does anyone have constitutional past papers & sample answers they would be willing to share??

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Would totally disagree with the lecturer on this one! I really leaned on it - can't imagine having passed the exam without it. Just one example: it sets out all the directors duties so means you don't have to learn them off. Would 100% recommend purchasing, very expensive but worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

fe1fi20 wrote: »

Thanks

I believe EU is the last exam so if you wanted to make it easier on yourself I would just concentrate on the topics that come up regularly and if its an easy paper then you will pass no problem, its very long to be studying the whole thing without cutting out anything. I am doing 4 and I am working full time, best case scenario i pass them and I'm done and I need them done! so if you thin you can pick up the extra work load I would say go for it!

Advertisement