Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry Medicine.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PhoenixD15

Has anyone applied to GEM as well as the mature route?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ciara_pass124

How is everyone feeling about starting Med?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CopperTone1

Hi there, yes very excited to start. Where are you attending?

RCSI seem to be very organised and quick to the mark which is great to see. Really impressed with their efficiency so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PhoenixD15

I have wound up with a GEM place in UCD. Teaching week starts Sept 21st so I have time to settle the kids into school first... Will be doubly excited once that works out! Have managed to connect with a few classmates online which is great. Looking forward to getting stuck in but also trying to enjoy my free time in advance of it all!

PhoenixD15 wrote: »
    I have wound up with a GEM place in UCD. Teaching week starts Sept 21st so I have time to settle the kids into school first... Will be doubly excited once that works out! Have managed to connect with a few classmates online which is great. Looking forward to getting stuck in but also trying to enjoy my free time in advance of it all!

That’s great news. Delighted you secured a place. UCD is a top notch medical school. Great affiliated hospitals too. Nice to have the time with the kids as the settle into the new environment.

We don’t start until the 5th of October, so still loads of time to prepare and arrange everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

Hi there, yes very excited to start. Where are you attending?

RCSI seem to be very organised and quick to the mark which is great to see. Really impressed with their efficiency so far.

Excited to get started at this stage! I have to agree the communication has been very good so far to keep us informed and feel like we're progressing along nicely (this is something which certain instituitions really seem to be lacking!). Will be nice to get to see the mature RCSI cohort shortly whenever/if they arrange a webinar/teams mettign with us. The May to October wait seem eternal!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ciara_pass124

Excited to get started at this stage! I have to agree the communication has been very good so far to keep us informed and feel like we're progressing along nicely (this is something which certain instituitions really seem to be lacking!). Will be nice to get to see the mature RCSI cohort shortly whenever/if they arrange a webinar/teams mettign with us. The May to October wait seem eternal!

Very impressed with RCSI regarding communication and updates. I really feel at ease starting during the current pandemic.

Have any of you bought medical supplies yet? Stethoscope ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 abnfiz

How’s everyone getting on?? I’m currently in my undergrad in psychology, but I would be very worried that graduate entry medicine would be too big a task with my 0 science background.. I would much rather go undergrad and just do the 5 years and learn at a (slightly) slower pace. I did not have a great LC though, due to personal issues going on at home at the time, absolutely bombed biology. I’d happily sit it again though, i imagine i’d do way better this time. I’m currently being tested for ADHD as I have the attention span of a goldfish, yet am somehow clever. Organisation is definitely my downfall and procrastination. But hopefully I will have answers soon and from there can get treatment and be back on a level playing field with everyone. I hope the people who have started are managing well!!

Just a heads up that RCSI are hosting their virtual open day for GEM and Mature entry, on the 16th of January

GEM registration https://www.rcsi.com/d...ry-medicine-open-day

Mature entry registration
    https://www.rcsi.com/d...ry-medicine-open-day

Would definitely recommend this. Really insight on how to prepare for the application process.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanishpoint

Just a heads up that RCSI are hosting their virtual open day for GEM and Mature entry, on the 16th of January

GEM registration https://www.rcsi.com/d...ry-medicine-open-day

Mature entry registration
    https://www.rcsi.com/d...ry-medicine-open-day

Would definitely recommend this. Really insight on how to prepare for the application process.

Great info, thanks! Do you know if we can see a video from last's year event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 s.molly

I can’t see A thread for this year so hoping we can all come together and discuss this years applications!
    How is everyone getting on with HPAT and applications? I’ve applied to TCD and RCSI but I just feel like the HPAT is impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 arkeda

s.molly wrote: »
    I can’t see A thread for this year so hoping we can all come together and discuss this years applications!
    How is everyone getting on with HPAT and applications? I’ve applied to TCD and RCSI but I just feel like the HPAT is impossible!

Also applied to those. HPAT section 1 is not so bad but finding the other 2 a bit difficult (section 2 looked easy but my answers to practice questions were mostly wrong!). Section 3 is really hit and miss... can sometimes easily see the pattern, sometimes I still can't see even when I know the answer! (Particularly for those 'middle of the sequence' ones).

Advertisement