Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dealers to avoid up north..

• 19-01-2021 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

There always appears to be choice and value up north for second hand tractors...Are there any towns or villages that are better avoided when looking to buy... Thinking of going up when all this covid business is over.
    I'd hate to get caught with a dodo / theft /ringer or scrap etc..

(I doubt that business names would be allowed by mods..)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

My story when I was up there buying a tractor ,A good few years now, there was a lot of scrap. Had gone to see all my contacts , big garages etc...and no joy with the condition. So stayed an extra night and researched small local lads selling. Came across a father and son setup, so genuine. Had dinner and tea after buying a tractor from them. Tractor still going great.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Cionn80

What are you thinking of buying

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Bazzer007

I bought off a nice and clean JD from a farming family in Armagh. They were genuine people and the tractor is flying it. It may take a little longer but you would also save a few bob on VAT too if you go private. If you see a tractor you like for sale at dealers throw up the link and you might get some feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

There always appears to be choice and value up north for second hand tractors...Are there any towns or villages that are better avoided when looking to buy... Thinking of going up when all this covid business is over.
    I'd hate to get caught with a dodo / theft /ringer or scrap etc..

Throw up a few names and I'll see if I can give you a steer.. or PM if you prefer to avoid slander... :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Mod: You're bang on! We'll have to watch this thread as any one that could possibly be identified has no ability to refute allegations.

Even locations could be problematic as there may be only one dealer there.

For those reasons, PMs could be the best avenue for passing on any kind of identifying information.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

@Antrimglens... That would be much appreciated. 7-10stg for something straight around the yard <90hp... the usual bales, spraying, topping, fertilizer.

3-4 names/garages would be a great start big or small ….

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Found Erne machinery to be good eggs..jonathon

Advertisement