Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

Any resolution on adding family members outside Ireland? Two of my kids are getting the error about being in a different country to me. Neither have cards attached to their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Technique wrote: »
    Any resolution on adding family members outside Ireland? Two of my kids are getting the error about being in a different country to me. Neither have cards attached to their account.

I set this up a few years ago, dunno if it's since changed - but I had to have them added to my family before I set up the Indian account.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Mine does. I have ad free YouTube and the full music features.

Great - all for 149 - Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

You can cancel your current India account and also kick out your family members.
    Get a new "burner" gmail account, invite family or whoever then off to India again.

On your devices you can add the burner account as a secondary account and everything premium plays happily

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I tried this on an iPad with a VPN, when I tried to subscribe, it told me I had to subscribe via iTunes Irish store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭CoBo55

AidenL wrote: »
    I tried this on an iPad with a VPN, when I tried to subscribe, it told me I had to subscribe via iTunes Irish store?

Do it through the chrome browser not through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Do it through the chrome browser not through the app.

It worked second time, sorted. 129 rupees per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Just Wondering ? What's the difference here ......?
    I got banned from boards years ago for daring to say you could get Sky Sports, Movies etc free on mobdro. The reason being, I was being dishonest, stealing etc Yet lying about your country etc is fair game. I don't mind a bit but I am aiming this question at the mods.
    Any Mod care to address this ? Dishonesty being the key word ?
    Ps I was banned for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Using an illegal service like you mention is illegal and you're effectively paying for stolen material.
    YouTube are taking money for the service they own and provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Luke2513

Ish66 wrote: »
    Just Wondering ? What's the difference here ......?
    I got banned from boards years ago for daring to say you could get Sky Sports, Movies etc free on mobdro. The reason being, I was being dishonest, stealing etc Yet lying about your country etc is fair game. I don't mind a bit but I am aiming this question at the mods.
    Any Mod care to address this ? Dishonesty being the key word ?
    Ps I was banned for a month.

There’s a bit of a difference between posting about blatant illegal streaming and legally (if not a bit morally wrong) paying for a service.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Using an illegal service like you mention is illegal and you're effectively paying for stolen material.
    YouTube are taking money for the service they own and provide.
    But you are stealing by lying about your country. You Tube should be getting x a month for your content, but lying you are getting it for y. Are you not stealing from Ytube by lying. I think you are splitting hairs here to suit your own agenda.
    Are you a Mod ?

Luke2513 wrote: »
    There’s a bit of a difference between posting about blatant illegal streaming and legally (if not a bit morally wrong) paying for a service.
    You are streaming illegally by giving false info, No ? Is stealing just morally wrong and not theft ? I am just being pedantic here just because you seem to write the rules to suit your argument. Is stealing a bar of chocolate stealing or morally wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

McMurphy wrote: »
    I set this up a few years ago, dunno if it's since changed - but I had to have them added to my family before I set up the Indian account.
    Setanter wrote: »
    You can cancel your current India account and also kick out your family members.
    Get a new "burner" gmail account, invite family or whoever then off to India again.

On your devices you can add the burner account as a secondary account and everything premium plays happily

Thanks guys. I'm just at the stage of setting up the family group. I haven't used the VPN to sign up to YouTube yet. It won't let them into the family group as they're not in Ireland.

I'll get them to try again next time they're back here.

Here we go, another good thread down the pan..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

But you are stealing by lying about your country. You Tube should be getting x a month for your content, but lying you are getting it for y. Are you not stealing from Ytube by lying. I think you are splitting hairs here to suit your own agenda.
    Are you a Mod ?

Most People likely wouldn't pay the 17.99 family plan but if you can get it for 2 euro it's worthwhile. So youtube are up money in the end.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Most People likely wouldn't pay the 17.99 family plan but if you can get it for 2 euro it's worthwhile. So youtube are up money in the end.
    That like dipping someones pocket and just stealing 5 euro instead of the 25 euro that was there. By your logic they are still up 20euro because you didn't steal the lot ?? Really !:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ish66 you got your answer. No more chat about illegal Vs immoral, we've established the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg

That like dipping someones pocket and just stealing 5 euro instead of the 25 euro that was there. By your logic they are still up 20euro because you didn't steal the lot ?? Really !:confused:

Will you please just go away...

TheDriver wrote: »
    Ish66 you got your answer. No more chat about illegal Vs immoral, we've established the difference
    Your answer tells me all. I will leave it there. Thanks

• Advertisement

Your answer tells me all. I will leave it there. Thanks

Bye..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Thanks guys. I'm just at the stage of setting up the family group. I haven't used the VPN to sign up to YouTube yet. It won't let them into the family group as they're not in Ireland.

I'll get them to try again next time they're back here.

I had no problem signing up via Indian vpn and adding family later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Best bargain alert of 2021 and i can't see much being better.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Thanks OP, just signed up . Great bargain alert

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Usung tunnelbear on iOS and in YT, prices are displayed in US Dollars ?

What am I doing wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Gumbo wrote: »
    Usung tunnelbear on iOS and in YT, prices are displayed in US Dollars ?

What am I doing wrong?

Are you on the app?

Are you on the app?

yes, i think thats my issue.
    On the laptop now so hopefully that will sort it.

Thanks OP.

Super bargain and as mentioned already, it will be hard to top that in 2021!

I signed up for a single account as i'm the only person that really watches it at home. Other than the kids but i dont want them having free reign on YT at their age.

Is it easy enough to upgrade to a family account later or messy?

Also, not only has the OP opened YT Premium to me, but this thread has forced me into trying a VPN which ive been putting off for ages, so thank you.

No to the Netflix thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Thanks OP

€1.71 a month for a family sub is serious value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Hi all. Just a quick bit of what i found out to set family members to share subscritpion.
    Ireland:
    I set up a family member before signing off, no problem.
    Also added an Irish member after and there seems to be no issues there.
    Abroad:
    after subscription i had to create new gmail accounts myself, add as family members in google, accept and then pass on login details and or the actual gmail account.
    I hope this helps someone who needs it

Advertisement