Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Comments

• RGARDINR wrote: »
    OK cool I will try it again after halo wars 2 updates, thanks. When you say reboot do you mean restart it or where did you go to reboot it? Thanks

Hold down the guide button on the controller , you get the option to switch off and restart the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Hold down the guide button on the controller , you get the option to switch off and restart the console.

Yeah cool was thinking was that way thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Series X + Gamepass...

Tried Doom Eternal, but it's just too fast and scary for me :)
    Will try again later with turned down difficulty.
    Since MS own Bethesda, I'd expect this to stay on Gamepass ?

Started Control and really getting into it.
    Plus it's 12 hours from a quick Google, which is perfect.

Graphics are great on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Funny that developers adding 120 FPS, HDR and 4K ..

But e.g.

no keyboard and mouse support for doom.eternal

:)

Is it just me or is there no way to install your purchased games remotely anymore? There are 2 apps, Xbox (which is the game pass app) and Xbox Companion. I'm not seeing my library there at all, or am I being daft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is it just me or is there no way to install your purchased games remotely anymore? There are 2 apps, Xbox (which is the game pass app) and Xbox Companion. I'm not seeing my library there at all, or am I being daft?

You can now install any game remotely from the companion app, whether you own it or not. Handy to preload a game you're buying on disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Anyone confirm or not if Lego Dimensions plays on series x. Specifically the 360 version

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

madalig12 wrote: »
    Anyone confirm or not if Lego Dimensions plays on series x. Specifically the 360 version

Hey madalig12, no the 360 version is not playable on the Series X.

The USB portals are different between the 360 and Xbox One version.

If you can get your hands on the Xbox One version with the portal, you will be able to use any of the sets you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just started Forza Horizon 3 and it decent the graphic s haven't impressed me to be honest but it isn't a Series X enhanced game. The car you drive has amazing graphics but the backgrounds as you drive don't impress me. They are quite grainy. I never played Horizon 4 so can't compare the two but I played the first 2 Horizon games so said I will play 3 before moving on to 4.

An Irish girl does the commentary in this game which was a bit of a surprise considering it is set in Australia .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Hey madalig12, no the 360 version is not playable on the Series X.

The USB portals are different between the 360 and Xbox One version.

If you can get your hands on the Xbox One version with the portal, you will be able to use any of the sets you have.

Thanks!! Ill pick one up on the bay ive all the figs and it will give the young lad some entertainment during lockdown. He is too young for Hitman 3!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Probably a stupid question but do Xbox one Digital downloaded games work on the S/X series?
    My trusty XB1 scorpio packed up and Im thinking of picking up a series S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but do Xbox one Digital downloaded games work on the S/X series?

Everything works seamless to be honest. You just click install and if there's an optimised version, you should get that. If not the XBO version works fine with improvements on load speeds & consistent frame rates. Depending on the game, you could see a drastic improvement such as 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

They do

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Everything works seamless to be honest. You just click install and if there's an optimised version, you should get that. If not the XBO version works fine with improvements on load speeds & consistent frame rates. Depending on the game, you could see a drastic improvement such as 60fps.

So you dont have to "rebuy" the game if you already own it on XB1?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,785 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So you dont have to "rebuy" the game if you already own it on XB1?

No you just install the game to the new xbox.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Excellent.Ill go looking for one now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TitianGerm wrote: »

As long as it's a digital version if it's an S.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,785 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

As long as it's a digital version if it's an S.

The OP was asking about digital games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

If I were you I'd just get another X or save up for a series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Mr.S wrote: »
    What games are coming out in the future that will be must haves?

Have had the Series X since launch but playing the same games I had before that!

I'm hoping the next must have will be The Medium. It'll be a day one GamePass title. Other than that, it's going to be a while before we see anything major.

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    If I were you I'd just get another X or save up for a series X.

How much is a One X? It can't be much less than a Series S. I'd definitely go for the Series S over a One X

We have bot Seies S and X h in the house and the Series S has impressed me more considering how cheap it is. Many people do not have a TV good enough for a Series X and should be opting for the S instead imo. The only negative is that it is short on space but there's enough for 5/6+ games which is plenty enough and non S/X enhanced play the same off an external ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Doing spring clean and realise I've a WD MyCloud I haven't used in some time and it still works fine. I think it's the original one and 4TB capacity but loads of space left. Anyone know if there's a way of using this as back up with my Xbox Series X? The MyCloud is wireless so not sure how that would tie in with expansion slot in Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

Is there any the classic older games that play and/ or have been cleaned up on game pass ? I heard some games have been cleaned up like some the Fables etc . Can anyone reccomend what still plays good ? Iv downloaded dead space 2 and gears 2 so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

brady12 wrote:
    Is there any the classic older games that play and/ or have been cleaned up on game pass ? I heard some games have been cleaned up like some the Fables etc . Can anyone reccomend what still plays good ? Iv downloaded dead space 2 and gears 2 so far .

Most of them will be better tbh, a lot of increased frame rates, hdr, load times etc

• Anyone any suggestions for remapping the screenshot button? I've hit it accidentally a fair few times now and wondering if I should remap it to something else more useful or just disable it?

I don't think muting voice in chat is something it can be mapped to is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone any suggestions for remapping the screenshot button? I've hit it accidentally a fair few times now and wondering if I should remap it to something else more useful or just disable it?

I don't think muting voice in chat is something it can be mapped to is it?

Someone posted about that before but I was using my gen 1 Elite controller so had no experience of it but I was using the bundled controller a couple of times and the first thought that came into my head was how are they hitting that button accidentally as the other two buttons are in their usual spot.

Long story short I cannot see how someone can accidentally hit it.

• Someone posted about that before but I was using my gen 1 Elite controller so had no experience of it but I was using the bundled controller a couple of times and the first thought that came into my head was how are they hitting that button accidentally as the other two buttons are in their usual spot.

Long story short I cannot see how someone can accidentally hit it.

It's usually a secondary press while going for left menu button with right thumb and vice versa, before there was nothing there now theres a button that gets caught in the cross fire sometimes and takes an unwanted screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I turned on my Series X for the first time in a while last night, I spent the last month or two playing through a load of PS4 games after I swapped my One X for a PS4 Pro. What a pleasant experience it was not having to listen to the fan on the console going mental while you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Delighted to see that the medium is getting fairly reasonable reviews was annoyed when it got moved and I would be a big fan of the genre, in my eyes its the first big Series X game released so looking forward to giving it a good run on friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lots of 8/9 scores, but also lots of 3s and 4s! Seems divisive

Not the type of game I'd normally be into, the early resi game style camera in clips I've seen gives me the shivers, but will def give it a go on gamepass

Advertisement