Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

The email says they won't have officers commencing the student officer training programme until May. I believe fast track group 1 could possibly get the call in April for a May start.

I would say as long as we receive an offer before the end of April, it's still technically less than 6 months.

At least, that's what I'm hoping :P

It says the earliest date for the recommencement of offers to commence training would be May 2021. So no invites going out until then... at least that's what it sounds like lol. Maybe they'll give an extension - there can only be a relative handful of people in this position and they'd only need an extension of lile 2 months max.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Going by the email it’s clear to say that Assessment Results will be delayed again. I don’t see how they can release the results if there is a good number of ACs left to be completed. I personally don’t see anything happening until mid/end of February if I’m being honest and that’s being hopeful. Though fingers crossed it doesn’t come down to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

There shouldn't be many left to attend a/c, they stalled the a/c process with approx 4 weeks remaining from memory. They have carried out quite a few a/c assessments since, should literally only be a handful left if they haven't managed to get them done. Only 2 weeks and we will hopefully know a bit more as to where things stand.

The email says they won't have officers commencing the student officer training programme until May. I believe fast track group 1 could possibly get the call in April for a May start.

I would say as long as we receive an offer before the end of April, it's still technically less than 6 months.

At least, that's what I'm hoping :P

So I emailed recruitment about this and they told me that the PCA is good for the duration of the campaign so there will be no need to repeat it.

Medicals are good for 6 months, and vetting for 12, but if they expire they just get in touch to ask if anything has changed ie if you have had contact with the police or had surgery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

its gonna be a real kick in the crown jewels for the fail emails after waiting this long, bearing the thought is giving me anxiety

• Advertisement

KN1231999 wrote: »
    its gonna be a real kick in the crown jewels for the fail emails after waiting this long, bearing the thought is giving me anxiety

Yup, I am super nervous about failing and having had so long to think about it, I know I could have do so much better. The whole thing is torture at this stage 😂😂

honestly it would just be better if they have to delay any longer to just send out all the fail emails and tell people they have hit the pass mark and merit number would be sent at a later date

I would have no objections to that, pass or fail with updates to follow at a later date would be perfect. As most, I am nervous about failing and just finding out either way would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Agreed, At least if you get a fail email then it’s out of your head. It’s torture dragging it on, overthinking about it. If the results are out next week you would hope we would have some update this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

I’m honestly at a wits end with everything to be honest.

• Advertisement

i really need to know on the 29th because i have an application with the RAF at the minute thats starting to roll through
    i hope i wont have to take the RAF role, because this is where the passion lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brodin2693

Update on results on JoinPSNI, we will get a Pass/Fail email next week and then merit list to be sent out after the final assessment centres finish! At least we’ll finally know!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Finally an update! It’s the most logical approach to just get a pass/fail until all assessment centres have completed. At least now we will get some closure.

Bag of nerves now 😂😂 what will be will be. Good luck everyone, hopefully all sharing our good news next friday

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Gosh, it is starting to feel real now. Thank goodness the PSNI have listened to our concerns. It has been a long wait and lets all hope it will be worth! Fingers cross for good results to go out to you all x

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

All the very best guys for next week! I remember going through the process, it is a torture and incredibly long. Stay motivated and you’ll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Does anyone know if they always exhaust the merit list? If you pass assessment centre with low score, will you still get in? Albeit have to wait a while? I know they have exhausted the 1810 recruitment campaign, I know someone who scored the pass mark and starts GV next month.

Does anyone know if they always exhaust the merit list? If you pass assessment centre with low score, will you still get in? Albeit have to wait a while? I know they have exhausted the 1810 recruitment campaign, I know someone who scored the pass mark and starts GV next month.

My understanding is that whilst they haven't always exhausted the merit list, the plan is to do so for to 2002 campaign.

FWIW, I don't think the 1810 ML is entirely depleted, there are definitely some who have not got the call yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

In short no they do not always exhaust the merit list

Looking at the joinpsni site, they do seem to be trying to use all merit list candidates. 2017 there are 3 left but a few months ago there were 7. 2018 there have been people 1000+ have got calls so you would be very unlucky not to get further in the process with only 108 left. With the current situation and numbers, I would be confident in getting a call if I get onto merit list regardless of where I finish. I dont think there will be another recruitment drive for some time so I would imagine/hope they will try and exhaust the 2020 list to get as many into training as they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Hi guys, I have been reading this thread for a while and have found it really helpful and informative with regards to what’s going on during this campaign as a lot of it has been unclear until close to the time. I’m in FT GROUP 1. I have completed all the other stages and had a medical booked for within the next week or so however it was cancelled due to the restrictions. Still waiting on vetting though! Anyone else in FT1 waiting on vetting? I got the FT email back in Sept and vetting was sent around mid Oct. Again thanks to you all for keeping this wee dream alive with the constant chat on here it makes it a bit easier knowing we are all waiting for the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

LC20 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have been reading this thread for a while and have found it really helpful and informative with regards to what’s going on during this campaign as a lot of it has been unclear until close to the time. I’m in FT GROUP 1. I have completed all the other stages and had a medical booked for within the next week or so however it was cancelled due to the restrictions. Still waiting on vetting though! Anyone else in FT1 waiting on vetting? I got the FT email back in Sept and vetting was sent around mid Oct. Again thanks to you all for keeping this wee dream alive with the constant chat on here it makes it a bit easier knowing we are all waiting for the same thing.

I'm still waiting on vetting , FT 1 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cat1117

LC20 wrote: »

Omg yes I’m FT1 and I’m still waiting on vetting to clear - mine was sent mid October also! It’s been really worrying me because others have passed so quick. I know it can take a while but the wait is horrible especially since others have passed so quick!! My brain has been overthinking big time

sharon1986 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on vetting , FT 1 too!

Ah that’s good news(ish!) hopefully the wait won’t be for much longer. With restrictions in place & things cancelled I’m hoping they have more time to take a look at the vetting applications.

Cat1117 wrote: »
    Omg yes I’m FT1 and I’m still waiting on vetting to clear - mine was sent mid October also! It’s been really worrying me because others have passed so quick. I know it can take a while but the wait is horrible especially since others have passed so quick!! My brain has been overthinking big time

I expect mine to take sometime due to something on it from years back so I haven’t been in much of a panic but I know someone that got a successful email & they sent their vetting the same time as myself. I really think it’s just luck of the draw! I had an email from vetting to provide something about 2 weeks after it was sent over so I know it has been looked at to some degree. At least with restrictions in place they may, possibly, fire all the vetting out in one lump very soon. Fingers crossed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Talk on radio today was that we could be living with current restrictions past March and that the executive might extend and then gradually relax after Easter. I wonder if we could be looking at a long wait for PSNI managed stages to start up again or if they will risk assess again and increase mitigations to get the ball rolling for PCAs, Medicals and SMT. I'm sure a case could be made that the managed stages are an essential activity due to the nature of the role. Here's hoping. On the bright side more time to train and work on getting bmi down in my case. Hope everyone waiting on good news gets it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

Hi folks, been reading these forums for a while and you’ve all been incredibly helpful with providing info. Awaiting results on Friday and needless to say, extremely nervous! I’ve had shoulder problems in the past (a few dislocations) which will eventually require surgery. However I’ve built this up to nearly full strength with the help of a physio. If I’m fortunate to get through and get to the medical stage, would it be best to have a letter from the physio to state my shoulder is in as good a shape as it can be without surgery? I discussed with the physio previously about this and they believe it should be fine to get through! Appreciate any clarity you folks can give. Best of luck to everyone on Friday!

AWD188 wrote: »
    Hi folks, been reading these forums for a while and you’ve all been incredibly helpful with providing info. Awaiting results on Friday and needless to say, extremely nervous! I’ve had shoulder problems in the past (a few dislocations) which will eventually require surgery. However I’ve built this up to nearly full strength with the help of a physio. If I’m fortunate to get through and get to the medical stage, would it be best to have a letter from the physio to state my shoulder is in as good a shape as it can be without surgery? I discussed with the physio previously about this and they believe it should be fine to get through! Appreciate any clarity you folks can give. Best of luck to everyone on Friday!

If you have a condition listed on your MHQ, bring as much supporting evidence as you can. The medical invitation specifically mentions letters from physiotherapists as the sort of supporting evidence you should provide. If they fail you because of your shoulder and you appeal, you'll be needing that letter from your physio in any case, so why not get it up front?

Good luck for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Peeler97

AWD188 wrote: »

Shouldn’t be an issue. I’ve been out a good while now but I had a similar issue back when I had my medical. As others have said a letter from your physio stating that you’re fit and that it wouldn’t affect your ability to do the job should suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

I had my medical date set for next week, however got the email saying that all PCA and medicals are postponed, does this include those that have already had dates set?

Advertisement