Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blog, can it be anonymous?

• 05-06-2020 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all
    Not a big internet person , fb texts calls thats it but after a fairly traumatic 18 months ive realised writing may be what helps me , im not a talker really , so psychologist therapist etc wasnt for me , it actually really annoyed me , so repetative, and i couldnt be fully honest with them ,bottling stuff up is what caused alot of damage but i was thinking a blog might be an idea , no clue how to go about it but ill try , just wanna be anonymous , thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you use blogger you can write private blogs that nobody can see or you can share with people you give access to. I have two of these, one I started as my marriage began to fall apart, to take note of incidents in case things turned nasty. The other was about a difficult situation. Writing these really helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Openmind2020

Thanks , is blogger just an app ? Yes i really feel writing would be my best way of healing , thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks , is blogger just an app ? Yes i really feel writing would be my best way of healing , thank you

It's an app or website, Google owns it. It's really simple to use and you can add pictures or videos or music or YouTube to it. Very therapeutic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes. Just set up a Google account not using your own name. And as noted set the blot to private too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My weblog does not show my name. Or my email. blogger is good like that. So is boards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,349 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It depends on what you mean by anonymous. If you just want to use a different name or false name, that is easily done.

If you want something that would be anonymous to the Irish courts or a Garda investigation, that's a very different question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IrelandonPaper

I'm sure if you set up a new email address it would be fine and a whois guard

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lumengg

It depends on the platform you want you use. On telegram for example you can be 100% anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A similar question please.

I want to start a second weblog but that the two be not connectable. On my profile page one I tried setting up appears listed.

I would prefer to stay with blogger as I am technically inept and know the format or is there a similar free blogger? Which would be better. I don't want a second email address.

Thank you

Advertisement