Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

As teenagers...

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cautioner wrote: »
    What the hell is up with girls freaking out that they're turning 20... I don't get it. Everyone wants to be 20.

Plenty of lads get distressed about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

fixed it for ya
    Yeah its just one big Orgy in our school!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

DUDE, really?
    i was only joking but man tipperary must be awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hannah-j

teens hav a way of acting so they can fit in..being one myself i think the majority of you are freaks and pity yourselves becus YOU ARE A TEENAGER so live with it losers:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hype

i hate anything in a hoody with gelled hair, soo thats about 99% of all teenage boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Hype wrote: »
    i hate anything in a hoody with gelled hair, soo thats about 99% of all teenage boys.

that's hardly fair... sometimes it's just grease... =p

what's wrong with hoodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Has to satisfy both conditions? Grand so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Or is it anything in a hoody with gelled hair that doesnt like you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

donmeister wrote: »
    Or is it anything in a hoody with gelled hair that doesnt like you? :pac:

Probably sneers at people who dont have a shirt and tie on tbh.

fonpokno wrote: »
    I don't want to be 20. I'm 20 in may and I'd rather it just didn't happen. Once I turn 20 I'm officially an adult and will have to accept like responsibility and stuff...

Not cool man. Not cool.

Thats nonsense you become a proper adult when you make babies.
    You have forever to be irresponsible. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Thats nonsense you become a proper adult when you make babies.
    You have forever to be irresponsible. :)

Don't mention the "b" word around here! :eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah, the younger users will be offended and the older users will be panicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Purple Funk

Conformity is promoted in a world that prides itself of its diversity.

I don't hate teenagers, that's such a severe generalisation. I don't admire those who drive fast, attempt to be cool, rebel against any authority or drink at any opportunity, but I do not dislike those who do so for such reasons. Such behaviour can be idiotic at times, but I understand why people find the need to do such things.

Those who are different do not always get rebuked, I stand out from the crowd yet I manage to get on quite well.

If you suddenly decide to hate your entire generation, then your resentment will only lead to isolation and anger. I look down on the human race as a whole, I think we can be such pathetic creatures who romanticise a most pointless existence, yet I accept my place. I make and maintain friendships. I fall in love, though I know it is nothing magical, rather something based on chemicals, yet I relish the prospect of experiencing such emotion. Fighting a fight you cannot win brings about no victory.

In the words of Tyler Durden, let the chips fall down where they may. Just let go.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

cocoa wrote: »
    what's wrong with hoodies?
    I wanna know this too.Theyre comfy and warm.

And no I dont gel my hair cause I dont have enough to gel.
    I did once for the laugh and it looked like someone just snotted on my baldyness:pac:

What's wrong with hoodies? Skobie kids wear them (usually with Nike or Reebok in giant letters across the front) with the hoods up, all year round, not for their warmth or comfort but because they disguise the face. Even when they're just hanging around, minding their own business, they attract suspicion because it's like they have something to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

i kinda hate most teenage girls, the ones in my year anyway, they're snobby, bitchy, self centred, insincire......and well, i could go on all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

An File wrote: »
    What's wrong with hoodies? Skobie kids wear them (usually with Nike or Reebok in giant letters across the front) with the hoods up, all year round, not for their warmth or comfort but because they disguise the face. Even when they're just hanging around, minding their own business, they attract suspicion because it's like they have something to hide.
    Well most of mine say FOX or DC and I keep my hood up when im cold.
    Do the same rules apply to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

An File wrote: »

meh, couldn't say I care. They're functional, therefore I wear them. If other people like to wear them, I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

I never hated any teenagers.

There was no reason for it.

Advertisement