Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kickstarter-Boardgames.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So...KS is trying to bleed me dry again over the next week!

MegaMetroCity is an homage to 80's nerd culture and side-scrolling beat-em-ups, relatively cheap too (about €72 excl shipping) but it as a first time creator, so a little wary.
    ceuau82.jpg

Hellboy is a solo or coop investigation/combat game based on the famous comic series. From Mantic games, who've made a few well put together games. Pretty reasonable pledge for what you get (base game and 2 expansions).

Black Rose Wars is an interesting mix of gameplay elements: some minor deck building, area control, combat. And the tiles and minis look gorgeous! Costs between €100 and €140 depending on pledge level.
    MyP0u7P.jpg

And have heard Brook City is launching next Tuesday, a 80's cop drama BG where you drive around foiling crimes and trying to solve the main case. From the guys who did design work on Descent 2.0, Walking Dead, Street Masters and a few other games, looking pretty nice and a good change from fantasy dungeon exploring or shooting aliens for the millionth time!

On that, Zombicide: Invader is chugging along with a week to go. Some minor changes to the traditional ZC rules, but they have added a ton of extra minis and such (as is typical for a CMoN KS) and even a whole new core set as an add-on!! KS withing a KS....
    YIGCIJj.jpg

vpF5fBt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    So...KS is trying to bleed me dry again over the next week!

Welcome in my world.

At the moment I am waiting for 17 games I pledged for :)

EDIT:

Hellboy could be No. 18

Well Im not that bad....yet :/

Have about 5 or 6 games outstanding, but far more video games in limbo, only ever got 1 I ever backed, and it was mediocre (Yooka-Laylee).

Anyways, also finally received Roll Player + expansion on Monday, nice game and very solo friendly. Could also see myself use it to help with my D&D char creation block if my bro-in-law ever starts the regular session he has wanted to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well Im not that bad....yet :/

Have about 5 or 6 games outstanding, but far more video games in limbo, only ever got 1 I ever backed, and it was mediocre (Yooka-Laylee).

Anyways, also finally received Roll Player + expansion on Monday, nice game and very solo friendly. Could also see myself use it to help with my D&D char creation block if my bro-in-law ever starts the regular session he has wanted to run.

You should check out the D&D forum if you're interested in online RPGs. It's a good laugh.

My group are just about to start playing Gloomhaven this weekend. It's been sitting beside my kitchen table for about 6 months at this stage teasing me so I'm excited to finally get started.

Gloomhaven is great fun, have played 5 missions with my bro-in-law.....we still have yet to beat the second scenario! Tinkerer in a 2 player game is apparently a no-no, not enough DPS :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

The gameplay is great, but I got it for solo play and I dont think its great for that really, too much set up and book keeping.
    And if youve played for a few hours only to lose the desire to reset and start all over just isnt there.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

If any one is backing Zombicide: Invader, can you let me know if you'd be interested in letting me in on your pledge please? I'm interested in getting the Dark Side expansion, related stretch goals,the Plague Gang Survivor Box and possibly the plastic tokens. I'd be happy to kick in towards the cost of shipping as well.

Thanks,

Rael

Rael wrote: »
    If any one is backing Zombicide: Invader, can you let me know if you'd be interested in letting me in on your pledge please? I'm interested in getting the Dark Side expansion, related stretch goals,the Plague Gang Survivor Box and possibly the plastic tokens. I'd be happy to kick in towards the cost of shipping as well.

Thanks,

Rael

Could ya not just drop $1 on a basic pledge, and then add those sets in the pledge manager when it comes out? They are all add-ons so shouldn't be much of a problem.

I dropped a watcher $1, still undecided if going to back the game full, too many games (and other, more sensible outlets) vying for my attention this month. That's future me's problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Could ya not just drop $1 on a basic pledge, and then add those sets in the pledge manager when it comes out? They are all add-ons so shouldn't be much of a problem.

I dropped a watcher $1, still undecided if going to back the game full, too many games (and other, more sensible outlets) vying for my attention this month. That's future me's problem.....

You need to have a pledge for one of the two core levels before you can add add-ons.

Ah fair enough. Well, my friend who backed out of it said he might go halves. Will see how things play out and drop ya a buzz if stil interested whenever it goes live, but also got the PM for Forbidden Fortress today...thats another €100+ gone by the end of May.....

• Advertisement

Thinking about backing Villagers and also Posthuman Saga

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Thinking about backing Villagers and also Posthuman Saga

I ended up backing Posthuman Saga and Crusader Kings.

I ended up backing Posthuman Saga and Crusader Kings.

Crusader Kings sound good alright, Id be tempted but its hard enough to get people out to play these days

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/solomon-kane

Just a heads up for those interested.There is 6 hours left for the early bird puritan pledge with the right hand of doom add on.

Beause its Mythic there will probably be a lot of stretch goals and add-ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Kollosal Games are releasing a new version of eclipse on kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kolossalgames/eclipse-second-dawn-for-the-galaxy

Love first edition, though haven't played as much as Id like to.

No mention of kickstarter exclusive so should be available after release in all good game stores.

Decided to back this one ,as I love the setting and theme.Looks like it will be a fairly limited edition as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243243962/pax-pamir-second-edition/?ref=kicktraq

Not 100 % sure yet but thinking about this one.
    I like the look of it and I used to play Tetris a ton.:D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063846379/project-l/?ref=kicktraq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Not 100 % sure yet but thinking about this one.
    I like the look of it and I used to play Tetris a ton.:D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063846379/project-l/?ref=kicktraq

On my list. Just got a Space Race expansion from them. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikegnade/set-a-watch

Tempted by this, I'd like to see if we, as a family could get more into cooperative games.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Ended up backing Sleeping Gods for a €1.
    It certainly looks good but I will decide later on if to fully pledge.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/953146955/sleeping-gods/?ref=kicktraq

• Advertisement

Ended up backing Hellenica Leaders and Legends. I went all in as I had'nt backed core box previously.Its dudes on map and I love Ancient Greece Theme.:D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532062403/hellenica-leaders-and-legends

IMG_1459.jpeg?format=1500w

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Stellaris is getting a board game - Stellaris: Infinite Legacy (Ships eta April 2022, EU shipping extra after the fact estimate €25-40, depending on edition)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/academygames/stellaris-infinite-legacy

Look nice (though the same ships for all factions is a minor downer). Promises 4x table Top experience in two hours.

There'll be a live gameplay demo on Sunday (and throughout the kickstarter) - I'm gonna wait for the first of these before deciding on backing or not.

Just got pledge manager for Vindication® Board Game - only 1 year left to wait :D

Just got pledge manager for Vindication® Board Game - only 1 year left to wait :D

Played it a few times its a great game. It will be worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mispell

I backed Race to Moscow.... looks like it will be delayed at least a year

Got my most recent purchase: Blacklists Fantasy Series 1 miniatures (1 year old niece for scale)

6KQYxnO.jpg

Also got an email about my Marvel united pledge, should be arriving tomorrow....in America :mad:
    Was worried when they said late pledges would ship from their warehouse so decided to get it sent via AnPosts AddressPal...except now it looks like mine was treated like a regular pledge, which would have shipped from an EU hub normally. Oh well, just a week or so more (and inevitable customs tax :( )

Also got an email about my Marvel united pledge, should be arriving tomorrow....in America :mad:
    Was worried when they said late pledges would ship from their warehouse so decided to get it sent via AnPosts AddressPal...except now it looks like mine was treated like a regular pledge, which would have shipped from an EU hub normally. Oh well, just a week or so more (and inevitable customs tax :( )

It looks like the newest one Mavel X-Men if off to a flying start.
    1..3 million in a day.:eek:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-united-x-men/?ref=kicktraq

And you can get most of the Mavel United 1st kickstarter add on's as well.;)

It looks like the newest one Mavel X-Men if off to a flying start.
    1..3 million in a day.:eek:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-united-x-men/?ref=kicktraq

And you can get most of the Mavel United 1st kickstarter add on's as well.;)

Yeah, the temptation is real. Really need to try play the original first :D

Cant say I recognize a lot of the characters but it has been about 20 years since I read an X-Men comic, and then theres several different teams within it so....

Anyone else use Kickraq to follow kickstarter games.

http://kicktraq.com/hotlist/games/tabletop%20games/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Got my most recent purchase: Blacklists Fantasy Series 1 miniatures (1 year old niece for scale)

6KQYxnO.jpg

That's a serious looking box - I was tempted by that one recently but I've too much stuff. What's the models look like?

Advertisement