Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Tom Map Corrections

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

N52 from Mullingar to Delvin. 3 new sections of road not included in the latest map. 1st new section is on the Mullingar side of Rathconnell, 2nd section is 3km further on towards Delvin, and the final section is just west of Delvin itself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not familiar with this area. To get this reported I need you post a screen shot showning new road on existing layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

He is talking about the three sections of road which I reported in post #120

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In that case a report has already been sent to TT/TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

A business at the postcode BT33 0LU in Dundrum, Co Down, Northern Ireland has told me that they're constantly getting calls from lost TomTom users who have been wrongly navigated to an address in Newcastle. They warned me not to enter the postcode in the TomTom, but said it works ok in Garmins, etc.

I don't know how to correct this, and am logging it here.

• Advertisement

That's one for TA directly.

KoolKid wrote: »
    That's one for TA directly.

TA?

Tele Atlas.
    Ill pass it on, but POIs wouldn't be high priority ..

Tele Atlas.
    Ill pass it on, but POIs wouldn't be high priority ..

KoolKid, this isn't a question of POIs, it's a question of an incorrect address.

Warned by the proprietor, I didn't enter the shop's post code, but instead entered its actual street address - correctly, of course, 8 Main Street, Dundrum, Co Down, but in the fantasy world of Thatcherite geographers where the counties no longer exist, this is given as Main Street, Dundrum, Newcastle.

The TomTom map first brought me to Newcastle, Co Down, where it trapped me for some 30 minutes in a continuing circle as it tried to force me through a non-existent right turn. Finally I defied it and took a straight road. It then brought me to Main Street all right - but Main Street, Newcastle.

I reset it for the 'city' of Dundrum, and it brought me to Dundrum, where it led me up into a council estate in the back of the village, apparently under the impression that this was the city centre.

I turned around and went down, and found my own way to Main Street, and found the place I was going to.

Not one of TomTom's more stratospheric performances.

Ahh.. sorry got it now.
    Can you tell me what map version your using?
    Trying this on v865 the post code brings me to Newcastle .
    If I search Dundrum I get 2 (Tassagh) and ( Killard)
    If I search Main Street it Brings me to Main Street between Railway Street & Donard Place. Is this the correct location?

• Advertisement

Thanks. Ill get something together & over to them tomorrow.

Thanks, KoolKid - maybe ask them to check the no-right-turn in Newcastle too?

I will put it down. Make that correction on your device as well,and select share.

My TomTom Go 520T seemed to have been re-educated to stop its habit of trying to make me turn right through a row of bollards between Stephen's Green and Merrion Row, but last week it did it again.

I'm still pursuing that one.:D;)

I've corrected it for MapShare, but this time when updating didn't get any message saying "You have MapShare corrections, do you wish to share them", or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

I'm still pursuing that one.:D;)

Hi KK,
    how do you get TT/TA to listen when you supply corrections ? I have submitted an error on a couple of occasions in the past and I see from my map download today that the problem is still there.
    The "hopefully" attached screen shot shows where Dublin St passes under the overpass in Blackpool Cork. The map shows Dublin Street coming to a sudden stop, where in reality it runs into Thomas Davis St. Many,many years ago, the road was closed for work on the overpass, but it has been open FOR YEARS.
    How can I get this corrected ?. It is one of the routes from Limerick to Cork and a quite important route.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Cork.

Getting map corrections propagated is quite a chore at time, even for me ,being a tester.
    Can you provide me with co ordinates & map version for that.

Sorry, how do I get the co-ordinates. The map vers is V 870.3406, new out today.
    Dave

• Advertisement

Its ok I got them.
    Ill send in a report on it.

Thanks

Drove to Tara yesterday, and the TomTom still doesn't have the POI correct; rather than the Hill of Tara (centre of Ireland, major tourist destination), the satnav brings you to a little shop called Tara na Rí a couple of kilometres away. You have to retrace your drive and go through a couple of roundabouts signposted for Tara to get to the hill of the High Kings.

The TomTom map for Dublin Port hasn't included major changes, and attempts to drive you through closed-off roads as you search for Terminal 1 and the ferry.

And by the way, it's also still trying to get drivers to turn right through a line of bollards from Richmond Street into Lennox Street in Rathmines. (This permanent barrier is visible on Google Maps.)

Map v870 Quality mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Track42

Map v870 Quality mark?

Map v870 provides the same two routes described by “Qualitymark”.

If you take the “official” route to the ferry terminals in Dublin Port (from the direction of the East Link Bridge), by following the road signs on East Wall Road, you will be directed to bear left shortly before the road reaches the M50 tunnel and on to Tolka Quay Road and the terminals via Promenade Road .
    The TomTom route takes you off the East Wall Road much earlier, taking a right turn into Alexandra Road (this seemed to be unobstructed when I drove past it in May), then on to Tolka Quay Road. It seems to be a more direct route, but perhaps access to the ferry terminals is blocked somewhere along the way.

With regard to the route that includes a right turn from Lennox Street to Richmond Street, this can be corrected by using Mapshare (though I think that it requires reports from four or five devices before an error is eventually corrected on a new version of a map). However, Mapshare isn’t available to users of any of the new devices that use the My TomTom utility.

I've reported it a bunch of times on Mapshare. Bored with doing it now.

It seems really strange that TomTom Points of Interest don't include the NCT centres. Every driver is going to visit these once a year once their car is a few years old. And heaven knows the online maps on the NCT site aren't helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 helvete

any idea on how long it will take to have the new N2-N3 link road near ballycoolin included on new maps?

• Advertisement

Can you send me any more detail on that . Location and what it should be like etc....

Advertisement