Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Candy Grand O Vita. Drum paddle

• 22-01-2021 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all
    Drum paddle has come loose. I've watched videos to replace. But mine doesn't appear to have a clip I can access inside the drum as per the online videos. My candy specific model has no online video. Is it possible mine is screw in and if so is this an easy fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

To answer your question it is not an easy fix, it is fixed to the Ss inner drum before it is inserted into the outer tub and the reason it has come loose is because you are not emptying pockets where coins etc have knocked off the screws while spinning, the outer tub is hot glued together so cannot be opened. Now to get down to attempt a repair if you are a good diy er drill down through the paddle and through the stainless drum with a small drill bit but be careful not to go through the outer tub, when you achieve this fix with a short self tapping screw and rotate the drum and see if it catches in the heater element, if so you will have to shorten the screw or it will damage the element then do the same with 3 more fittings

Advertisement