Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas face coverings??

• 15-01-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭

So, just remembered my Christmas face covering - soo,... what to do with it... umm... I hope I won't need it this year!! So, throw it away or wash it and put it up in the attic with the decorations; could hang it on the xmas tree this year.... ekk....??

what did everyone else do theirs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

sporina wrote: »
    So, just remembered my Christmas face covering - soo,... what to do with it... umm... I hope I won't need it this year!! So, throw it away or wash it and put it up in the attic with the decorations; could hang it on the xmas tree this year.... ekk....??

Didn't get any Christmas ones ourselves, but if i had i wouldn't be binning it, as you simply don't know what could happen in the future. Have a feeling we may see face masks become more common after this anyway in flu season.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I still wear mine :) a mask is a mask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'd wash, put in plastic bag and put in with decorations. Masks aren't going away. There has been next to no incidence of flu this season despite a drastic reduction in vaccines available. I can see an element of mask wearing being required for a long time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's exactly what I'm doing with mine, Caranica. They are going away with the 'soft' Christmas things, like Christmas stockings, jumpers and so on. :)

I also forsee an element of mask wearing for the next while; especially on public transport. When you think of the difference between cold/flu levels this winter with masks/sanitiser in use, they really help stop the spread of germs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I threw mine out! I agree we will probably need them next Christmas but it’s an excuse to buy new ones :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

its gone up to the attic with the rest of the decorations...

we shall see what its fate is in Dec '21..

stay safe everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

its gone up to the attic with the rest of the decorations...

we shall see what its fate is in Dec '21..

stay safe everyone x

Same with ours. Got packed away with all the other Christmas clothes.

If we need them again great, if not even better.

Advertisement