Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PMP - 35 Contact Hours Training courses online recommendations?

• 15-01-2021 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in getting certified in the PMI Project Management Professional certification.
    As part of that you need to demonstrate 35 hours of training (can be online) in a related area in order to be eligible to sit the PMP exam (amongst a few other criteria I match).

Are there any online courses that are not madly expensive that anyone knows of which qualify or have done themselves that they would recommend?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SeanElec1

Hi Supercell, I did my PMP training with Velopi, class room style, and I was happy with them.Passed my exam first time (approx 50% pass rate at 1st time internationally, although I think it's a bit higher here).
    Would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SeanElec1 wrote: »
    Hi Supercell, I did my PMP training with Velopi, class room style, and I was happy with them.Passed my exam first time (approx 50% pass rate at 1st time internationally, although I think it's a bit higher here).
    Would recommend them.
    Thanks very much Sean, will look them up.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

I did the online PMP prepcast course back in the day, it was very affordable then but seems to have gotten very expensive in the meantime.

I see a 'Learnsmart' course on udemy for €200 which seems to tick the 35hr box. If it was me doing it again, I would do an online course to tick the 35hr training box, and invest €100-150 in a couple of good books and a couple of exam stimulators to fill in the gaps to allow me to pass the exam.

While you will learn some useful things, to be frank for most people its about passing the exam rather gaining an indepth knowledge of PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

lostcat wrote: »
    I did the online PMP prepcast course back in the day, it was very affordable then but seems to have gotten very expensive in the meantime.

I see a 'Learnsmart' course on udemy for €200 which seems to tick the 35hr box. If it was me doing it again, I would do an online course to tick the 35hr training box, and invest €100-150 in a couple of good books and a couple of exam stimulators to fill in the gaps to allow me to pass the exam.

While you will learn some useful things, to be frank for most people its about passing the exam rather gaining an indepth knowledge of PM.

I think thats the case with most certifications to be honest, hard to simulate the real thing in an exam unless high technical like the Redhat ones for example. Believe me , I'm all about passing the exam :) I do project work all the time in the office but I'd like to formalise the qualification and get a dedicated PM role in title as I enjoy doing new things.Plus the pay is better than what i'm doing now after a few years experience.

Advertisement