Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

• 11-01-2021 1:18pm

ErbMG__UcAAUekF.jpg

Saturday January 16th
    Rams @ Packers - 9:35pm
    Ravens @ Bills - 1:15am

Sunday January 17th
    Browns @ Chiefs - 8:05pm
    Buccaneers @ Saints - 11:40pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Los Angeles Rams @ Green Bay Packers

Baltimore Ravens @ Buffalo Bills

Kansas City Chiefs

Tampa Bay Bucanneers @ New Orlean Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

All games are very hard to call for me.

The Ravens seem to have gotten over their slump, the Bills have been the hottest team over the closing weeks of the regular season and now have the monkey of a playoff win off their backs. It's extremely hard to predict which team wins it. I see this being a very high scoring game and I'm going to take Josh Allen to steer the Bills to the AFC Championship game.

The Chiefs have been impressive but have been just doing enough over the last few weeks. A week off is huge though and I have to fancy them despite the Browns basically freerolling here with zero pressure. If the Browns start like they did last week it could go to the wire though.

Packers versus Rams is an intriguing game. Green Bay have struggled mightily against some of the top defenses in the league this season. Jalen Ramsey on Devante Adams should be great to watch. I think Allen Lazard is a very important player in this one. He has not done much since coming back from injury but he needs to step up in this one. If he does then I think the Packers can sneak through in a low scoring affair. You don't know what you are going to get from Jared Goff from week to week, he looks average at best most often but sometimes he looks great and when he's like that the Rams are close to unbeatable. Fascintating game for me.

I have to pick the Saints because they've beaten the Buccaneers twice and convincingly both times. Still Brady looked pretty awesome last week and he does it in the playoffs better than any other player. Another great matchup. If the Saints win and face the Packers they lose, if the Buccaneers win they beat Green Bay.
    If the Rams win it's a whole different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Rams
    Ravens
    Chiefs
    Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 9,956 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I haven't looked into the stats for this season, but the Chiefs have been vulnerable to the run over the last few years. Pats steamrolled them in 2018 for example. Browns have one of the best rushing tandems in the league. They have the potential to pose a challenge, can't wait.

Brady over Brees forever, but Bowles love if soft zone will probably deep six the Bucs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Four terrific looking games in store. The Ravens @Bills is the pick of them for me as I think it could be a bit of a shootout, of course it’s a night game!

Packers
    Ravens
    Chiefs
    Saints

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

2 Divisional Round threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It still bugs me that this SB is not in Las Vegas every time I see the logo.

---

Struggling with my picks I have to say.

Browns and Rams have a buzz off them that make me feel the two #1 seeds could be caught on the hop.

I also have a dreadful feeling that Tompa Bay won't be beaten for a 3rd time by the Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Los Angeles Rams @ Green Bay Packers
    Rams are better defensively. By a fair bit. But not by as big as the discrepancy in QB play. Packers by 7.

Baltimore Ravens @ Buffalo Bills
    These two quarter backs make me realise how little I know about football. I really expect both of them to fall on their arses, but Allen has moxy and Lamar's wheels are unreal. I think the Bills have the marginally better supporting cast across both sides of the ball, and with home advantage, I will take them to squeak it. Bills by 3.

Cleveland Browns @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Yeah the vibe here and elsewhere recently is that the Browns are on a roll. And that the Chiefs are not what they used to be. But every time I see Mahomes, Hill, Kelce need to get it done, they find a way. I think the Chiefs are a much better team, even defensively. Chiefs by 10, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Tampa Bay Bucanneers @ New Orleans Saints
    The Saints have this machine-like quality. Every part seems to be well made, and it all links together well on both sides of the ball. That said, I think the Tampa Bay offense is absolute diamond, built on a very good OL with ridiculous playmakers. I think this is the hardest game to call. I will go with the Saints purely because they don't have a glaring weakness. NO by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

packers by 3 to 7 points, Donald status will have an major on the outcome, we don't match up well against this rams defence but if rodgers get the ball out fast and spreads it around we should score enough. Goff won't put up enough points on an improving packers defence.
    bills by 14, the titans defence in the second half was dreadful, i can't see sean mcdermot making the same mistakes.
    chiefs by allot, the browns played there superbowl last week and won't get the gimme's touchdowns of the chiefs.
    New Orleans by 3, if sean payton leaves tyson hill on the sideline and stops messing around, brees should get it done. Tampa defence without white isn't hectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Stacked weekend of games.........I think it'll be:

- Bills
    - Packers
    - Chiefs
    -Bucs

I dont think the Browns will trouble the Chiefs much but, the other 3 games should be close. I know the saints have bested the Bucs twice already this season(smashed them in the 2nd game) but I reckon the Bucs are peaking at just the right time and could do it on the third time of asking.
    Ravens v Bills looks the most interesting game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

177 - 85 for the season.

Rams @ Packers
    Ravens @ Bills
    Browns @ Chiefs
    Buccaneers @ Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

3-3 last week

Rams @ Packers
    Ravens @ Bills
    Browns @ Chiefs
    Buccaneers @ Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

164-98 for the whole season and 3-3 last weekend.

Rams @ Packers
    Ravens @ Bills

Browns @ Chiefs
    Buccaneers @ Saints

All home wins. The chiefs should win but the browns story is one you can’t help but like. The packers have Rodgers so that swings it for me. The ravens and bills game could the game of the weekend on paper. The saints have a workman like way of winning games which I think may just swing it for them. But as I said last weekend, games aren’t played on paper and anything can happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

5-1 coming in.

Packers
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Tampa Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

174-88 coming into this weekend.

Rams @ Packers
    Ravens @ Bills
    Browns @ Chiefs
    Buccaneers @ Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

166-90 for the regular season
    3-3 for the playoffs

Packers
    Ravens @ Bills
    Browns @ Chiefs
    Buccaneers @ Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Great slate of games this week
    4-2 last week

Bills, chiefs, green bay, saints

Hard to see the Rams living with Green Bay tonight. Even with a healthy Goff they'd struggle to put much more than 17-20 points. The only way they beat Green Bay in my opinion is if they turn it over a few times and put up some points on the defensive side or give the offense some very short fields.

I like Buffalo in the other game, I think there's been a bit of an overreaction to last week in relation to both Buffalo and Baltimore. Buffalo have been great for around 10 weeks, last week they weren't great, but ended up with very poor starting field position all ight last time, the Colts played about as well as expected and Buffalo still found a way to win. Baltimore put up some yards on the Titans, who have one of the worst defenses in the league. I'd expect Baltimore to be able to gain some yards on the ground but I think in the end Buffalo will have too much firepower for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

3-3 playoffs
    176-86 overall

Packers
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

4-2 last weekend. As I noted in my explanation then, everything pointed me to a Rams win but I think my PTSD from facing Wilson twice a year made me go against it and pick the Seahawks. Steelers dug themselves into such a hole last week that they were never getting out of it.

Rams @ Packers
    With their similar scheme and much better QB, the Packers to leverage some of the same tactics that the 49ers did in both games this season and get past the Rams.

Ravens @ Bills
    Ravens strengths have been where the Bills have been the weakest - Running and attacking through TEs.

Browns @ Chiefs
    Still think the Browns getting somewhat lucky at the start of the game last week helped them and they seemed to be enjoying the win too much (the old played their Super Bowl already saying). I don't see them getting that kind of luck again and even if they do Chief's offense is too explosive. For the second week running I'm calling a Baker meltdown when he is made to chase.

Buccaneers @ Saints
    Not sure if it Brady love money or what but this is way more one-sided than what we're seeing in the bookies. The 'new Bucs' post bye week have been against mostly poor sides. Saints handled them twice already this season, I don't see it changing this third time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

Packers in this for me. Rams are too limited offensively. Packers have better balance both sides of the ball.

Is this the first time there’s been fans in Lambeau all year ? The packers are impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I love McVay using the playsheet to cover his mouth while wearing a mask.

Masked Man wrote: »

Probably habit.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Probably habit.

Oh definitely. I'm not slagging him or anything, I just find it funny.

Oh definitely. I'm not slagging him or anything, I just find it funny.

I’m surprised this game is 3-3 after one quarter. The packers should have had a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I always wondered about why the need to even hide your mouth. They use code for all play calls anyway. The QB calls the same code when he has to at the line. If you've cracked the code then sure it would be worth knowing whats being said. Am I missing something else that McVay employs?

TD green bay.

Great td. Not much Ramsey can do there

• Advertisement

Great td. Not much Ramsey can do there

He should have gotten help though. Adams was always the favourite.

Advertisement