Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How get to know him

• 09-01-2021 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Guy I fancy, I've seen him a few times just walking down the street. He only say hi. I mannaged a how are you one day but doesn't go beyond that 😂😂
    He's usually cycling his bike so just keeps going. He does seem shy also. I know there's a chance he may have a partner as I don't know anything about him but I've never seen him with anyone....

Should I give up or try & get his attention somehow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ask him about his bike. "Those are some nice tyres you have there, chief. What are they - schwalbe?" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SHELDON88

Thanks! I haven't actually got him to stop & chat.. Its like how are you & keep walking. Suppoif I had bottle to stop it might work lol
    Passenger wrote: »
    Ask him about his bike. "Those are some nice tyres you have there, chief. What are they - schwalbe?" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

If he's whizzing past then there's little you can do unless you flag the man down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

With the weather like it is flag him down and say yo just saw another cyclist slip on ice and that you wouldn’t want the same to happen to him.

Then ask his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Slip on some ice just as he approaches and see does he stop to offer assistance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Snap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dafterss

Buy bike and follow him

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Flag him down and ask him for some info on buying a bike or where he would suggest buying appropriate clothing for cycling in cold weather or something along those lines.
    Take it from there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dafterss wrote: »
    Buy bike and follow him

Buy bike...deflate tyre and turn bike upside down...stand on side of road playing damsel in distress card and hope he passes and offers help :pac:

There's not really much you can do other than keep saying hello...he probably lives/works near you if you see him regularly so just hope that you might bump into him in a shop or something sometime unless you have the confidence to actually stop him, introduce yourself and tell him you like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 arex93

I would try to find him on tinder or some app. Otherwise, I don't know, I'm shy either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

SHELDON88 wrote: »
    Guy I fancy, I've seen him a few times just walking down the street. He only say hi. I mannaged a how are you one day but doesn't go beyond that 😂😂
    He's usually cycling his bike so just keeps going. He does seem shy also. I know there's a chance he may have a partner as I don't know anything about him but I've never seen him with anyone....

Should I give up or try & get his attention somehow

You have to stay 2m apart.

Advertisement