Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Arcade Game Query

• 08-01-2021 4:14pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I've got an arcade game query that's been annoying me for a long time and I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Back when I was around 9 or 10 (so early 90's) there was a military arcade game in the hotel where my dad used to work. The best thing I can remember about it is when you completed a level, the soldier would dance up the centre of the screen. I'd love to find out the name of it.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!

Conor_ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sounds like Cabal, maybe ?

cabal-4_copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can you remember what style of game it was? Sounds like it was probably a side scrolling shooter/run and gun kind of a game?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I'm pretty sure it's Cabal or something that looks very similar to it!

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye......never liked that one TBH (or the likes of Nam '75 on the Neo Geo), but I do remember the little dance in Cabal, which is probably what ticked the box in my mind.

Not that I saw much of it. Was hopeless at it. :pac:

Master of the Universe

conor_ie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's Cabal or something that looks very similar to it!

Thanks for the help!

Jaysus that was some guess McDermotX! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

They used to have Cabal in the old Bowling Alley in Waterford in the early 90s. Great game. Its sequel, Blood Brothers which was really just the same thing reskinned with a cowboy and Indians theme (Also featuring a weird bow legged dance) was somehow not nearly as good despite being almost the same game.

Maybe the novelty had just worn off by then, since Cabal itself was a quasi unique mechanism for its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi Folks, I spotted this thread the other day and it got me thinking.

I am trying to find the name of a game that was either an arcade game or maybe SNES or Megadrive back in the day.

The game was split into 2 parts, you played a cop and you had to drive to a location to find a criminal. Once you found the criminal it changed to a side scroller and you had a gun that could shoot a possibly green net.

I have done quite a bit of searching online and I keep coming across things like Chase HQ and SCI

Would anyone have any ideas ?

Cheers Folks.

Master of the Universe

Hi Folks, I spotted this thread the other day and it got me thinking.

I am trying to find the name of a game that was either an arcade game or maybe SNES or Megadrive back in the day.

The game was split into 2 parts, you played a cop and you had to drive to a location to find a criminal. Once you found the criminal it changed to a side scroller and you had a gun that could shoot a possibly green net.

I have done quite a bit of searching online and I keep coming across things like Chase HQ and SCI

Would anyone have any ideas ?

Cheers Folks.

Techno Cop on the Megadrive maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Jeebus O1s1n that's the one. I had it on Commodore 64 and then again on the Megadrive.

Bang on !! Thanks a mil really appreciated.

Master of the Universe

Jeebus O1s1n that's the one. I had it on Commodore 64 and then again on the Megadrive.

Bang on !! Thanks a mil really appreciated.

Hah! that's gas, yeah I only actually played that for the first time recently enough. One of those games I always had a memory of seeing the covert art on the shelf in our rental store back in the day, but never actually rented it out.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Has anyone played Cabal on MAME?

I'm having issues setting the controller up properly within the game

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

There are two different versions of Cabal. One of then uses a trackball instead of a joystick for the controls. Avoid that one. Try a different version and that should work with a joystick.

Advertisement