Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Irish and EU clothing websites

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You'd need to check where they're shipping from, having a .ie website doesn't mean they're shipping from Ireland. Maybe try ask them on Twitter? It seems like a lot of brands ship via Netherlands so hopefully Quiksilver are similarly EU based!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya true, Zara and H and M ship from outside of Ireland into Ireland. Has anyone tried soletrader shoe website they have a UK and German website.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Redhenrun

Great thread! Anyone know if I order from Next would I incur duty payments also?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

No. They have their stores/warehouse/business registration in EU.

Redhenrun wrote: »
    Great thread! Anyone know if I order from Next would I incur duty payments also?

I think they deliver via DPD/Nightline now in line with UPS. I look forward to when you can order and click and collect from next.

Hopefully we have click and collect from the none-essential shops by April/May at least even if we head into a level 4 type of restriction is what I am predicting as I can't see us going to any or all shops until the summer before they fully reopen. The most be outdoor shops I say like garden centres be reopening after this lockdown is lifted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Zalando can take up to a week - its shipped from Germany and then has to go through An Post.

My bf ordered jeans from Asos over the weekend and got them today (Tue) via an Post which I though was brill as thats the same time as the "next day delivery" which now takes up to 3 days.

Found Zara ship quite quickly!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My husband is after Irish menswear retailers, if anyone can suggest some? (As in, Irish shops rather than international chains.)

Also, not sure if it was mentioned here but I just bought a dress from Carousel yesterday and got excellent customer service and a speedy dispatch - http://ilovecarousel.com/. It’s an Irish shop - they used have a store in Dublin but have decided to continue trading solely online as a result of Covid. It’s a bit vintage in feel - maybe not quite Collectif level, but it definitely comes closer than most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

Faith wrote: »
    My husband is after Irish menswear retailers, if anyone can suggest some? (As in, Irish shops rather than international chains.)

Here's the website of my local menswear store - might be worth a look? (No connection to them myself)

https://mckennaman.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Pennetstoprada on Instagram is doing loads of sponcon for https://www.aboutyou.ie/, they ship from Germany. Lots of branded stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

Hi Faith,

Check out https://www.ejmenswear.com/ who are based in Sligo.

ams wrote: »
    Zalando can take up to a week - its shipped from Germany and then has to go through An Post.

My bf ordered jeans from Asos over the weekend and got them today (Tue) via an Post which I though was brill as thats the same time as the "next day delivery" which now takes up to 3 days.

Found Zara ship quite quickly!

I recently ordered from Zalando I would expect a week alright as is the same for bestseller brands - vero moda, only, vila and pieces, they go from dhl to anpost most have taken a week the odd time two weeks.

I’ve never been sure who ASOS deliver with some say fastway others say anpost or other courier.

Ya Zara aren’t too bad I ordered from them after Christmas and got my order within a week same goes for h and m.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

Spiritclothing.ie based in Longford - bought a number of items from them - quick delivery and very good customer service,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Has anyone had the experience of being charged customs on a return??

Sent a package of clothes for returns to the UK. Had no updates for a month on the tracker, and now it's saying "package was rejected at the address".

I know we've had to pay customs / VAT when receiving goods, but is it normal to have to pay them when making a return??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I ordered a lot of stuff from Next at the weekend and it was split into two deliveries. The first arrived yesterday with DPD and stated it came from Next (Belfast), no issues. Hiwever today I received the delivery notification email from DPD for the second part of the order and it says Next (Mainland UK). Will i be caught for customs now? I would never have ordered if I thought this could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I ordered a lot of stuff from Next at the weekend and it was split into two deliveries. The first arrived yesterday with DPD and stated it came from Next (Belfast), no issues. Hiwever today I received the delivery notification email from DPD for the second part of the order and it says Next (Mainland UK). Will i be caught for customs now? I would never have ordered if I thought this could happen.

No, Next are registered for Irish VAT and it’s delivered duty paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ruggabugga101

Despite shipping from London, no additional taxes or charges on swimwear.

https://budgysmuggleruk.com/

bee06 wrote: »
    No, Next are registered for Irish VAT and it’s delivered duty paid.

I hope so, that's a relief. I wish they would be more clear on their website. Their info is very vague:

"Will I be charged customs fees?

Depending on the value of your order and your specific country, you may be charged customs or import fees once your parcel arrives into your country. As stated in our ‘Terms and Conditions’, these fees must be paid by the customer and won’t be covered by Next."

Just confirming that my second Next delivery mentioned above, which was listed as Mainland UK, arrived with no mention of customs charges and the address label said Belfast.

Unfortunately it had been opened and stuck back together with stickers, and two items were missing. Next issued a refund immediately without any quibbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If anyone is looking for runners/sneakers/trainers this german website is amazing, lots of sale items too. https://en.afew-store.com/
    Shipping is €8 extra, but still a great selection of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Ladies. I want to buy some Charlotte Tilbury for my teenager for Easter. What is best and fastest site I can use. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Brown Thomas or Arnotts maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Lovely. Thanks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

Hi Ladies. I want to buy some Charlotte Tilbury for my teenager for Easter. What is best and fastest site I can use. Thanks in advance.

ASOS do next day delivery for the year for €18.99 to most areas https://www.asos.com/customer-care/delivery/can-you-tell-me-more-about-your-premier-delivery-service-in-the-republic-of-ireland-/
    Find it a very good service.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

con747 wrote: »
    ASOS do next day delivery for the year for €18.99 to most areas https://www.asos.com/customer-care/delivery/can-you-tell-me-more-about-your-premier-delivery-service-in-the-republic-of-ireland-/
    Find it a very good service.

I had considered this but figured it wouldn't actually come the next day - does it?

I had considered this but figured it wouldn't actually come the next day - does it?
    Most items do, I would say 7-8 out of 10 have for me and the rest within 2 days. That's delivered to my OH's workplace on outskirts of Dublin.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Where is a good site to buy a pair of Veja trainers? Should I buy from them directly off their site? I know Brown Thomas do them too, but they don't seem to have a big range. I can't decide which ones I want yet, but I am going to treat myself as I've wanted a pair for ages!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Where is a good site to buy a pair of Veja trainers? Should I buy from them directly off their site? I know Brown Thomas do them too, but they don't seem to have a big range. I can't decide which ones I want yet, but I am going to treat myself as I've wanted a pair for ages!

A range of them here https://www.zalando.ie/veja/ usually takes up to a week for my deliveries from them when buying stuff. I think it's shipped from Germany now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

I bought a pair of those a couple of years back. Honestly the worst pair I've ever purchased. Split after two months. Bought them from a site in england -returned them and got a refund straight away.It was only then I checked Veja on trust pilot. Shocking reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I have V10s for a bit more than two years now. They are still in great condition despite washing them in washing machine couple of times. They are not the most comfortable runner I have but none of the others remained in such a good condition after 2 years. There are no scratches on the leather and they kept their shape very well.

There could be issues with their quality control on some items but I find the ones I got are excellent quality.

I got them on Zalando but the likes of Arket and Stories also sell them. If you use a site you haven't used before you could get introductory discount if you still intend to buy them.

Advertisement