Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fast-heating oven?

• 02-01-2021 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

If one was in the market for a new oven, could anybody recommend one that heats up quickly? My 16 year old Whirlpool has always, from day 1, taken AGES to come to temperature - literally half an hour to heat up to 200C. I genuinely think I'd use it a lot more if it heated up quicker.

Thoughts/recs?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    If one was in the market for a new oven, could anybody recommend one that heats up quickly? My 16 year old Whirlpool has always, from day 1, taken AGES to come to temperature - literally half an hour to heat up to 200C. I genuinely think I'd use it a lot more if it heated up quicker.

Thoughts/recs?

I have Neff ovens and swear by them.

They’re self-cleaning as well; there’s a pyro feature where they heat up to 500-600C and then you can just take off the residue.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

+1 for neff.. ours has a boost function that preheats the oven in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

chocksaway wrote: »
    +1 for neff.. ours has a boost function that preheats the oven in a few minutes

What model Neff, or do they all have similar functions. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Its an n90 model (B47CS34H0B to be exact)
    It has wifi so you can start the oven remotely too which can sometimes be useful

Has lots of functions that you'd expect like cleaning, grill, fan oven, etc etc
    Also has some preprogrammed stuff like roasting, dough proving, hot and bottom heat, and all that jazz
    We mainly just use the cicrotherm function though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Sorry, I’m not sure. My top oven is an N70 or N90 I think (combi microwave plus oven) and then the main oven is a pyro one with a ‘slide and hide’ door.

I think the two were around €2,800 in total.

Maybe €1,300 and €1,500...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Long time since i used my oven as depending in what you want to cook a halogen or ninja foodi does me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My Electrolux oven heats up to 180 fan in about 8 minutes if that's any help.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Alun wrote: »
    My Electrolux oven heats up to 180 fan in about 8 minutes if that's any help.
    Yeah, I've an Electrolux also and would concur with the above.

It also has catalytic liners which is handy for self cleaning (still have to manually clean the oven floor and glass).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Thanks all, some food for thought here (no pun intended!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Jeff/ Siemens same family, Electrolux generally coming from Aeg in Germany, their single multifunction with steam great value as it comes much cheaper but same quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Some of the Electrolux have the quick boost function for heating up as well

Advertisement