Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch with the most wrist time 2020

Options
  • 21-12-2020 11:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After a long shipping delay due to covid I started wearing this in June, but I reckon it still got the most time on my wrist this year.

536884.jpg

Seiko Turtle, Save the ocean.

So what watch was on your wrist the most during 2020?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Almost snap!

I’ve been up and down the first few steps of the curve this year, from Glycine to Seiko to Nomos and back to cheap Chinese sh*tters (the scuffs on the Samurai bezel are what prompted me to pick up a couple of Pagani clones).

Might take some time this year to figure out if I am happy with what I have, or at least be a bit more selective about what I want to pick up, or whether to push on to nicer stuff (Milgauss?)

536909.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I've had a bit of think, and it must be this one, A casio M640. I have twenty odd watches, this casio is one of the cheapest.

A lot of mornings, I'll just skip the agony of choice and grab and go quartz. Some days I know I'll want the timer or stopwatch for something.

536965.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

I work hard to wear all my watches roughly the same amount.

For the last few months I am enjoying wearing my ALS more than the others. Honeymoon period. But I still rotate as often as I can.

Only have 4 at the moment. 5-6 is the sweet spot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Probably the Milguass for me even though I only got it at the end of September. Its not had much time off the wrist sine then.

Before that it was a pretty even mix of about 6 watches I'd say

blue5000 wrote: »

So what watch was on your wrist the most during 2020?

Wore my Longines Hydroconquest every day. I've an auto Seiko that I'd intended to wear when doing work on boats etc but never took off the Longines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,769 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Snap! Despite having bought and sold 3 Rolex this year and a few very nice Seikos and other watches (Longines, Omega, Hamilton, etc.), I'd say overall the most wrist time went to my Orange Seiko Turtle that I bought for a very modest €150. I should never sell that watch.

536975.jpg

Have had it on numerous bracelets and straps. Pictured on a Barton sail cloth. Currently on a (cheap) mesh. Quite like the mesh, have been looking for a good one. Staib is the one I want but these are about €170 new and I can't justify that. Hoping a second hand one will come along at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I try to give the ladies in my harem equal love but this defo got most time and my special attentions this year, for presence and the wibbs trifecta of micky waiving, instagram kudos (must get an instagram account) and social signalling, the AP is the business. Very comfy to boot.

PXL-20201223-112224608.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

i would say it could be my Speedmaster from July to November when I sold it. Since then I've been wearing my Seamaster Goldeneye and since Saturday my Sinn 556a RS..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Though I rotate a lot, overall these three for the most part.

536980.jpg

536981.jpg
    Other than heirlooms these two represent the watches I have for the longest and the shortest time.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

Longine fan wibbs? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Longine fan wibbs? :)

How could you not be, would you just look at that Ultronic diver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

This by far, I love it. Longines Conquest, picked it up here :)

537008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

4pCCzxc.jpg

This is what has been on my wrist for the majority of the year. It's a Bulova 96A246 with a Miyota movement. I like the style and it has a clear, legible cream dial. Quite impressed by it actually. The leather on the strap is extremely soft, I was surprised by the quality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Have had a reasonable rotation this year, but after the wearing in period of a month or so, and then playing with regulation, I eventually got this:
    FZjDaZ.jpg

... to do this...
    Rflmqz.jpg

So until the Mark II arrived, it got the most wrist time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭redlead

20201028-194116.jpg

Definitely the superocean heritage that got the most wear for me. I just love a blue dial. I have my Nomos Tengente put under the tree so can't wait to get my hands on that in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Must be my seiko sne435p1. My Monday to Thursday watch.....love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

6e0ddxe.jpg

Seiko PMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

No prizes for the top watch on my wrist for the last while :D - (Sólás Starlight - for any newbies on the forum that’s my own watch brand’s model).

But no.2 would be the Speedmaster moon phase broad arrow - a lovely piece despite leaving Fitz cold :P

No.3 would be the Bvlgari Finissimo - though I can see that one rising up in terms of time on wrist too (if even just to see what elements would work well in the affordable arena too) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Basic AF navy Casio W-218H but I absolutely love it.

537624.jpg

The colour goes really nicely with almost any garment, readability is excellent, the stopwatch is super handy, and I never have a single worry about damaging or killing it.

I've barely used my Casio G-Shock GA-110 or Casio MW-240 (seeing a pattern yet?!) since getting it, but have hopes for the new Casio AE-1200 I got for Xmas, and may also rotate in a Sekonda I found at home that I was gifted several years ago and never wore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Citizen Eco-Drive BM8180-03E (€98 in Argos). This has been my favourite 'grab & go' watch over the last 12 months. Very legible and I like the military style.

538653.JPG

• Advertisement

redlead wrote: »

Definitely the superocean heritage that got the most wear for me. I just love a blue dial. I have my Nomos Tengente put under the tree so can't wait to get my hands on that in a couple of days.

I love the sharkmesh strap.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Citizen Eco-Drive BM8180-03E (€98 in Argos). This has been my favourite 'grab & go' watch over the last 12 months. Very legible and I like the military style.

I bought the chrono version of that one probably 15 years ago and it still gets a lot of wrist time. Great watches, seemingly never runs out of battery/solar even when not worn for months at a time.

You can actually see the photo-electric panels in your photo if you zoom in too, really interesting! There's 4 of them in a quadrant around the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I had a ponder about this because I really couldn't answer it off the top of my head. Most my watches get their turn!

But I think this one got the most time:

rUHFpgYl.jpeg

NTH Barracuda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

All of them, every watch gets 2 days on the wrist and then it's the next watches turn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Daemonic wrote: »
    All of them, every watch gets 2 days on the wrist and then it's the next watches turn :D

That's very regimented of you, wish I could do the same, I just find I gravitate towards certain watches...wear them for days and days, then get bored and change. There are some sad watches haven't seen daylight in months

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

oriel36 banned from the forum. Don't want his obsessive and snarky posting infecting this forum like it has too many others.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Fitz II wrote: »
    That's very regimented of you, wish I could do the same, I just find I gravitate towards certain watches...wear them for days and days, then get bored and change. There are some sad watches haven't seen daylight in months

17707-FD0-3-B76-4-A11-923-C-9237-D4-E9555-D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Have had a reasonable rotation this year, but after the wearing in period of a month or so, and then playing with regulation, I eventually got this:
    FZjDaZ.jpg

... to do this...
    Rflmqz.jpg

So until the Mark II arrived, it got the most wrist time.

Excuse my thick headedness, it looks like a lovely speedy, but how come no omega graphics on the dial?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

It’s a homage brand or potentially a clean dial version - maybe an Alpha “speedy”?

You can see the 3rd register on the bottom is a 24 hour register instead of 12 chrono. The alpha or others like it use the Chinese ST19 chronograph movement rather than Swiss and keeps prices nice and affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Can't un-see the male organ on it either...:D

Advertisement